1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Some people have no respect for other peoples vehicles !!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by KJaikaran, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Feb 13, 2013 at 9:04 PM
    KJaikaran

KJaikaran [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orlando FL
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma DCSB TRD Sport
    URD intake/maf calibrator, Icon extended travel coilovers, Icon UCA, OME Dakar leaf packs, Bilstein extended rear shocks, 3 degree axle shims, Carrier bearing drop bracket, DS2 retro, 5k HID bulds top and bottom
    Came out of class today in a great good mood after killing an exam, to being pissed off and feeling like kicking in the persons door that chipped the hell out of my door in the parking lot. I wouldn't been this pissed if it wasn't as big as it is and very noticeable.

Some people really don't have respect for the vehicles they are parked next to especially if they are driving a piece of crap.

I must have bad luck or something because this door was just re painted a few weeks ago from an accident and i only picked it up about 2 weeks ago.

[​IMG]

sorry about the bad pic. Its towards the bottom of driver door.

2. Feb 13, 2013 at 9:06 PM
    Justus

Justus fucks not given

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    not so low, not so slow 2006 6 lug
    stockish
    time for sliders...............people do suck

Ive seen 3 people smack their doors right into my sliders.....Ive been able to look over, laugh, and see their faces.

3 seconds with a rattle can and they look like new.

3. Feb 13, 2013 at 9:06 PM
    KenLyns

KenLyns 8.75" Third Member

Member:
    Belly of the Beast
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Off-Road Full-Auto
    LED Headlights, Volant CAI, 32" Duratracs
    Get sliders? The CBI ones appear to stick out the farthest.

[​IMG]

4. Feb 13, 2013 at 9:09 PM
    carcharias

carcharias Giggiddy what what

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 AC MGM OR
    Kings all-around w/ 700lb coils, Dakar leaf pack, TC uca's, DO single hoop bumper, BAMF bolt-on sliders w/ kickouts, Rigid 20" e-series spot/flood, aFe pro-dry, BFG KM2 255/85/16, silver TRD FJ wheels, WARN M8000-s, Access LE, Grillcraft, BAMF lightbar, BAMF rear dif skid, BAMF LCA skids, window tint, Wet Okoles, WeatherTech floorliners, Silverstar lights, led dome lights, Redline Tuning hood struts, center console lock mod, mag-lite mod, extra d-rings, re-routed exhaust, ATO skids, ATO Hi-Lift mounts, pipe tailgate lock, seatbelt alarm delete, wheel/spare locks, Viper 5901, LoJack... WISHLIST: a golden canary that poops platinum
    My truck has sliders yet someone still took some paint from my door. That sucks, OP, sorry to see.

5. Feb 13, 2013 at 9:10 PM
    pm321

pm321 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sucks man. UCF?

6. Feb 13, 2013 at 9:10 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    OP...agreed!!! I just realized a couple months ago that someone scrapped my rear bumper on the driver side and I'm not sure if I can even buff it out. These people need to be shot. :infantry:

7. Feb 13, 2013 at 9:13 PM
    Who Dat Popcorn

Who Dat Popcorn Dafuq

Member:
    First Name:
    Ricky
    Richmond, VA
    Vehicle:
    Sold :/
    SOLD
    I've had my fair share of door dings. It sucks every time I wash the truck, that's all I notice :(

8. Feb 14, 2013 at 12:17 AM
    Mark350

Mark350 Well-Known Member

Member:
    I'm so paranoid whenever I park somewhere now, I almost always try to find an end spot and hug the curb when I can...people just don't care when they swing their doors open, especially if there's kids in the back seat.

9. Feb 14, 2013 at 1:04 AM
    bullaculla

bullaculla IKA fabrications

Member:
    Da big big island!
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB Tacoma 4X4 TRD Off Road
    All pro 3 link SAS kit, Diamond axle, kings on 37" MTR/K
    Door dings suck, and those people suck. but sometimes it is caused by something uncontrollable like a sudden gust of wind. I usually park far away or with atleast one side against a curb like Mark350 said.
    Most sliders or steps wont help. The part of the door that would hit your truck is usually too high because side contour of most doors. I was actually thinking about taking some 3/4" angle iron and making some body molding :D
    That would teach em!

10. Feb 14, 2013 at 2:16 AM
    stewartx

stewartx Well-Known Member

Member:
    Huntsville AL
    Vehicle:
    2012 Silver DC SB TRD Off-Road
    Winch, front hitch, step bars, bed extender, bed step, gull-wing toolbox, tailgate lock, security system, cb radio, etc.
    Hey, could be worse. Someone seriously bashed the corner of my truck's rear bumper (only 3-months old at the time) as they were pulling in or out of a parking space, leaving a half dozen very visible six to seven-inch long gouges deep in the chrome. My only choices to restore like-new (and prevent possible rust) are to re-chrome or replace the bumper, neither or which is cheap.

I have full coverage insurance, but I'd hate to see the rates potentially go up over something like this. Anyone know what the likelihood of my rates going up are?

11. Feb 14, 2013 at 2:20 AM
    01kingtaco

01kingtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kodiak
    Maui hawaii
    Vehicle:
    01 taco slightly modded
    Bigger tires, sound system, deck plate mod, fog light mod, straight pipe exhaust, blue led floor lights, ultragauge, 3 inch lift
    I take 2 spots when possible to prevent this very thing. People scowl at me but I just smile back while thinking in my head fuck you!

12. Feb 14, 2013 at 2:30 AM
    coffeesnob

coffeesnob Well-Known Member

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 access 4 cyl 2 wd
    or else park next to a vehicle that is obvious the owner is concerned about dings too.

13. Feb 14, 2013 at 2:35 AM
    thelivestone

thelivestone Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    paul
    Cape Canaveral, FL
    Vehicle:
    2017 Crewmax
    stock for now
    I park next to other Tacomas. makes me feel a tad bit better.

14. Feb 14, 2013 at 2:37 AM
    Geoff C

Geoff C Active Member

Member:
    Call your insurance company and find out. You will have to pay the deductible which may be more than the cost to refinish

15. Feb 14, 2013 at 2:38 AM
    tvbd56

tvbd56 Epic Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Sacramento, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2018 Black DCLB OR 4x4
    How much is your deductible? If you have a good history then I'd like to think that your rate wouldn't go up.

and OP, that's why I park FAR FAR away from where everybody parks. (which is usually closest to the front door, because it's too difficult for human beings to walk 100 feet more)

16. Feb 14, 2013 at 2:44 AM
    saf023

saf023 Well-Known Member

Member:
    East Coast
    Vehicle:
    2nd Gen TRD Sport DCSB 4X4
    Not some people...most people have no respect for other peoples vehicles. Sorry to see your truck get clocked.

17. Feb 14, 2013 at 3:27 AM
    stewartx

stewartx Well-Known Member

Member:
    Huntsville AL
    Vehicle:
    2012 Silver DC SB TRD Off-Road
    Winch, front hitch, step bars, bed extender, bed step, gull-wing toolbox, tailgate lock, security system, cb radio, etc.
    Of course, I'll eventually call the insurance company. The question was just posed here in passing.

Anyway, I have a zero deductable. A company I once worked for originally purchased the insurance. I just picked it up after leaving (with the insurance company's knowledge), replacing vehicles covered as new vehicles came along. I've never had an accident of any kind (many years of driving), nor ever filed a claim such as this.

18. Feb 14, 2013 at 3:43 AM
    TacoCat

TacoCat These pretzels are making me thirsty

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny-5
    Chantilly, VA
    Vehicle:
    22 JLUR 6MT
    Sorry for the bad luck OP. Thats a bummer.

^^ Brocks back!

19. Feb 14, 2013 at 3:44 AM
    2004TacomaSR5

2004TacomaSR5 Nemesis Prime

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DCSB & 1980 Toyota Pickup 4WD
    Tacoma is stock and staying that way, Pickup is TBA as of now.
    Sucks OP, college parking lots are like that, I got a few dings in mine already. At least they aren't all too noticeable, silver hides lots of sin from a distance. Some of the kids here got heads so full of hot air it is unreal some of the park jobs I've seen. One time a truck pulled into a space and parked sideways, and all the cars that parked to the right of him did the same thing! I usually park as far away from the congested lots as I can, I don't mind walking a little further, it's good for me.

20. Feb 14, 2013 at 4:31 AM
    JdevTac

JdevTac Bawnjourno

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    GA/WA
    Vehicle:
    2nd gen
    At least it isn't a parking garage. I live on the side of campus where majority of freshman live (I am a junior) and it is insane the amount of stupidity I see in there whenever I need to drive somewhere.

There is a lot of good, normal parking jobs, but on the other hand there are just as many over the line, crooked parkers, or people who somehow think it is a smart idea to hang 3 feet out of a parking spot when they have a football field of space left to pull more forward. On top of that you have the punk douchebags who think it is somehow "cool" to drive 30-40 mph through a parking garage, disregarding the fact that there are people walking in there (sometimes hard to see if they are around a corner to a down ramp, and not to mention plenty of people who don't care to much to look behind them when they back out. Literally a couple seconds after I backed into a nice "safe" spot yesterday, some asshole in a mustang nearly tore my front end off as he came around a corner, WAY to fast.

I can see it now. That dumbass red mustang flying through the parking garage at 40 mph, and all the sudden someone is trying to back out, and of course the mustang wont stop simply because they don't give a shit, and BAM, t-boned in a parking garage like an idiot.

Products Discussed in

To Top