Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Some people have no respect for other peoples vehicles !!!

Old 02-13-2013, 09:04 PM   #1
KJaikaran will become famous soon enough
KJaikaran's Tacoma Gallery
Some people have no respect for other peoples vehicles !!!

Came out of class today in a great good mood after killing an exam, to being pissed off and feeling like kicking in the persons door that chipped the hell out of my door in the parking lot. I wouldn't been this pissed if it wasn't as big as it is and very noticeable.

Some people really don't have respect for the vehicles they are parked next to especially if they are driving a piece of crap.

I must have bad luck or something because this door was just re painted a few weeks ago from an accident and i only picked it up about 2 weeks ago.

sorry about the bad pic. Its towards the bottom of driver door.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:06 PM   #2
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
time for sliders...............people do suck

Ive seen 3 people smack their doors right into my sliders.....Ive been able to look over, laugh, and see their faces.

3 seconds with a rattle can and they look like new.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:06 PM   #3
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Get sliders? The CBI ones appear to stick out the farthest.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:10 PM   #5
pm321 has a brilliant futurepm321 has a brilliant futurepm321 has a brilliant futurepm321 has a brilliant futurepm321 has a brilliant futurepm321 has a brilliant futurepm321 has a brilliant futurepm321 has a brilliant futurepm321 has a brilliant futurepm321 has a brilliant futurepm321 has a brilliant future
pm321's Tacoma Gallery
Sucks man. UCF?
Old 02-13-2013, 09:10 PM   #6
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery

door dings don't bother me on my vehicle....but i don't ever ding someone else's..

as others said, get sliders or nerf bars or some sort of protection then...
Old 02-13-2013, 09:10 PM   #7
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
OP...agreed!!! I just realized a couple months ago that someone scrapped my rear bumper on the driver side and I'm not sure if I can even buff it out. These people need to be shot.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:13 PM   #8
Dafuq
Who Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ricky
Who Dat Popcorn's Tacoma Gallery
I've had my fair share of door dings. It sucks every time I wash the truck, that's all I notice
Old 02-14-2013, 12:17 AM   #9
Mark350 is on a distinguished road
Mark350's Tacoma Gallery
I'm so paranoid whenever I park somewhere now, I almost always try to find an end spot and hug the curb when I can...people just don't care when they swing their doors open, especially if there's kids in the back seat.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:04 AM   #10
IKA fabrications
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Door dings suck, and those people suck. but sometimes it is caused by something uncontrollable like a sudden gust of wind. I usually park far away or with atleast one side against a curb like Mark350 said.
Most sliders or steps wont help. The part of the door that would hit your truck is usually too high because side contour of most doors. I was actually thinking about taking some 3/4" angle iron and making some body molding
That would teach em!
Old 02-14-2013, 02:16 AM   #11
stewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stewartx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJaikaran View Post
Came out of class today in a great good mood after killing an exam, to being pissed off and feeling like kicking in the persons door that chipped the hell out of my door in the parking lot. I wouldn't been this pissed if it wasn't as big as it is and very noticeable. (snip)
Hey, could be worse. Someone seriously bashed the corner of my truck's rear bumper (only 3-months old at the time) as they were pulling in or out of a parking space, leaving a half dozen very visible six to seven-inch long gouges deep in the chrome. My only choices to restore like-new (and prevent possible rust) are to re-chrome or replace the bumper, neither or which is cheap.

I have full coverage insurance, but I'd hate to see the rates potentially go up over something like this. Anyone know what the likelihood of my rates going up are?
Old 02-14-2013, 02:20 AM   #12
01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Kodiak
01kingtaco's Tacoma Gallery
I take 2 spots when possible to prevent this very thing. People scowl at me but I just smile back while thinking in my head fuck you!
Old 02-14-2013, 02:30 AM   #13
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark350 View Post
I'm so paranoid whenever I park somewhere now, I almost always try to find an end spot and hug the curb when I can...people just don't care when they swing their doors open, especially if there's kids in the back seat.
or else park next to a vehicle that is obvious the owner is concerned about dings too.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:35 AM   #14
thelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant future
Coast Guard: Marine Science Tech
Name: paul
thelivestone's Tacoma Gallery
I park next to other Tacomas. makes me feel a tad bit better.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:37 AM   #15
Geoff C is on a distinguished road
Geoff C's Tacoma Gallery
Call your insurance company and find out. You will have to pay the deductible which may be more than the cost to refinish
Old 02-14-2013, 02:38 AM   #16
Epic Member
tvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
tvbd56's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewartx View Post
Hey, could be worse. Someone seriously bashed the corner of my truck's rear bumper (only 3-months old at the time) as they were pulling in or out of a parking space, leaving a half dozen very visible six to seven-inch long gouges deep in the chrome. My only choices to restore like-new (and prevent possible rust) are to re-chrome or replace the bumper, neither or which is cheap.

I have full coverage insurance, but I'd hate to see the rates potentially go up over something like this. Anyone know what the likelihood of my rates going up are?
How much is your deductible? If you have a good history then I'd like to think that your rate wouldn't go up.

and OP, that's why I park FAR FAR away from where everybody parks. (which is usually closest to the front door, because it's too difficult for human beings to walk 100 feet more)
Old 02-14-2013, 02:44 AM   #17
saf023 is just really nicesaf023 is just really nicesaf023 is just really nicesaf023 is just really nice
Marines:
saf023's Tacoma Gallery
Not some people...most people have no respect for other peoples vehicles. Sorry to see your truck get clocked.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:27 AM   #18
stewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stewartx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff C View Post
(snip) You will have to pay the deductible which may be more than the cost to refinish
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbd56 View Post
How much is your deductible? (snip)
Of course, I'll eventually call the insurance company. The question was just posed here in passing.

Anyway, I have a zero deductable. A company I once worked for originally purchased the insurance. I just picked it up after leaving (with the insurance company's knowledge), replacing vehicles covered as new vehicles came along. I've never had an accident of any kind (many years of driving), nor ever filed a claim such as this.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:43 AM   #19
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry for the bad luck OP. Thats a bummer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
time for sliders...............people do suck

Ive seen 3 people smack their doors right into my sliders.....Ive been able to look over, laugh, and see their faces.

3 seconds with a rattle can and they look like new.
^^ Brocks back!
Old 02-14-2013, 03:44 AM   #20
2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
2011TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
Sucks OP, college parking lots are like that, I got a few dings in mine already. At least they aren't all too noticeable, silver hides lots of sin from a distance. Some of the kids here got heads so full of hot air it is unreal some of the park jobs I've seen. One time a truck pulled into a space and parked sideways, and all the cars that parked to the right of him did the same thing! I usually park as far away from the congested lots as I can, I don't mind walking a little further, it's good for me.