Notices

DRL selection does nothing

Old 02-14-2013, 08:51 AM   #21
OVERALL is on a distinguished road

Name: Tim
OVERALL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Yes thsoe are the DRLs, they are also your blinker lamps.
Ok. That's what I thought. They aren't on with the switch at DRL. just at the second position.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:53 AM   #23
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVERALL View Post
So you're thinking the switch positions in order should be:
ALL on
DRL on
DRL off
ALL off
No, I think it's: (from bottom to top)
OFF
DRL (forgot the off word? Idk..)
Parking lights
Head lights

Now that I think about it, that wouldn't make sense to have a DRL setting when the DRLs already come on when the truck is running, unless for some reason you got a package without DRLs.. because they do add extra charges for DRLs IIRC
Old 02-14-2013, 08:53 AM   #24
Agro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud of
Agro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So you're thinking the switch positions in order should be:
ALL on
DRL on
DRL off
ALL off
That was my experience the other days. Bottom two result in the same as far as I can tell, so why even have "DRL" if it is the same as "OFF".

Yet today, it looks like just the DRL come on. It was so cold outside, I will go do a test again in an hour with some shoes on and take a video with my iPhone IF it does it again.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:53 AM   #26
Agro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud of
Agro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sorry for kind of taking over your thread Argo...Got caught up wanting to know what was going on.
Same issue, i dont think any de-railing has gone on [yet].
Old 02-14-2013, 08:55 AM   #27
GhostDog86 will become famous soon enough

Name: Max
GhostDog86's Tacoma Gallery
I was noticing the other day that drls by themselves are more intense then when the lights or fogs are on I did not verify but maybe someone can confirm? If so maybe the bulbs are bad or bad electrical connection?
Old 02-14-2013, 08:56 AM   #28
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailtaco View Post
I was noticing the other day that drls by themselves are more intense then when the lights or fogs are on I did not verify but maybe someone can confirm? If so maybe the bulbs are bad or bad electrical connection?
There should only be 1 filament in the lamp so unless your alternator is bad it should be the same color unless they changed to dual filament lamps on newer tacos which I doubt
Old 02-14-2013, 09:00 AM   #30
OVERALL is on a distinguished road

Name: Tim
OVERALL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadToy View Post
You mentioned you tried it with the truck running and the parking brake on/off doesn't make a difference. Have you tried it out of park with the transmission in the "D" position?
A little hard to accomplish with only me and the truck running and in Drive. I have played with the switch behind other cars while driving watching the reflection of the lights and it seemed to do the same thing.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:16 AM   #31
Monkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud of
Marines:
Monkeyboy's Tacoma Gallery
On my 2012, the DRL are off when I start the truck - but once I release the emergency brake, or step on the brake, the come on. Then, they remain on until the truck is turned off.

There might be a similar mechanism at work here, too.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:23 AM   #33
Agro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyboy View Post
On my 2012, the DRL are off when I start the truck - but once I release the emergency brake, or step on the brake, the come on. Then, they remain on until the truck is turned off.

There might be a similar mechanism at work here, too.
Bingo!

If the parking brake is on, then you start the truck, switch DRL on. There will be no DRL on. You then dis-engage the parking brake, the DRL come on. If you re-engage the parking brake, they stay on, until you turn the truck off.

If you start the truck with DRL on, and no parking brake, the DRL are on.

It must have been that when I was testing, I had the parking brake on, got out, looked at the truck, got back in, switched DRL on/off, and never saw anything.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:45 AM   #34
pretzel has much to be proud ofpretzel has much to be proud ofpretzel has much to be proud ofpretzel has much to be proud ofpretzel has much to be proud ofpretzel has much to be proud ofpretzel has much to be proud ofpretzel has much to be proud ofpretzel has much to be proud of
pretzel's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agro View Post
That was my experience the other days. Bottom two result in the same as far as I can tell, so why even have "DRL" if it is the same as "OFF".

Yet today, it looks like just the DRL come on. It was so cold outside, I will go do a test again in an hour with some shoes on and take a video with my iPhone IF it does it again.
I think it was just that you had your shoes on this time that it worked!

Old 02-14-2013, 09:52 AM   #35
Agro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretzel View Post
I think it was just that you had your shoes on this time that it worked!

Yeah that may be true. It was so damn cold before, I was rushing the test just so I could get my ass back in.

Sad though "cold" to me in Sunny San Diego, is probably bikini weather to some of the guys on here in places that are truly cold.
:EDIT: Why did I say "bikini weather" and "guy" in the same sentence? What dude wears a bikini?
Old 02-14-2013, 10:50 AM   #38
Agro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by senojeelnodnarb View Post
I did the fog light anytime mod on my 2013 and the drls come on when they want lol
Thought about it. Mind if you link me to the HowTo for 2013?
Ok for me to go off-topic a bit. I am the OP!
Old 02-14-2013, 01:51 PM   #39
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agro View Post
Bingo!

If the parking brake is on, then you start the truck, switch DRL on. There will be no DRL on. You then dis-engage the parking brake, the DRL come on. If you re-engage the parking brake, they stay on, until you turn the truck off.

If you start the truck with DRL on, and no parking brake, the DRL are on.

It must have been that when I was testing, I had the parking brake on, got out, looked at the truck, got back in, switched DRL on/off, and never saw anything.
I thought somebody mentioned the parking brake earlier
Old 02-14-2013, 02:04 PM   #40
Agro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I thought somebody mentioned the parking brake earlier
Yep, and I think when I went out, I somehow must have fubar'd up the test. It was so dang cold and with no shoes on I think I just rushed and didnt think. Once I got clothes on and some shoes and could be level headed about it, it seems this is as was mentioned earlier.