Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

DRL selection does nothing

Old 02-14-2013, 07:59 PM   #41
Jimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MT1 (SS) retired
Jimmyh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyboy View Post
On my 2012, the DRL are off when I start the truck - but once I release the emergency brake, or step on the brake, the come on. Then, they remain on until the truck is turned off.

There might be a similar mechanism at work here, too.
Same here. 2012 of course...
Old 02-14-2013, 09:24 PM   #42
dboz is on a distinguished road
dboz's Tacoma Gallery
I tested this tonight. Pulled right up in front of the garage door. The DRL only make them much brighter. When you turn on the lights it dims the DRLs slightly or maybe even turns them off. Too cold for me to run out there.

Sorry about the confusion on the placement. I was still thinking they were the same as my Gen 1.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:29 PM   #43
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dboz View Post
I tested this tonight. Pulled right up in front of the garage door. The DRL only make them much brighter. When you turn on the lights it dims the DRLs slightly or maybe even turns them off. Too cold for me to run out there.

Sorry about the confusion on the placement. I was still thinking they were the same as my Gen 1.
The DRL's aren't on with the headlights
Old 02-15-2013, 12:14 AM   #44
Island Cruiser is on a distinguished road
Island Cruiser's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
The DRL's aren't on with the headlights
From what I've discovered, they are (with the 2012+ at least). I checked it on my 2012 and the DRLs are on when I have the headlights on. You can see it in OVERALL's 2nd pic. It's just not as bright as when the DRLs are on by themselves. Maybe the headlights draw some power away from the DRLs?
Old 02-15-2013, 06:42 AM   #45
1ToughTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1ToughTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1ToughTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1ToughTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1ToughTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1ToughTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1ToughTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1ToughTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1ToughTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1ToughTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1ToughTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: SSgt. USMC
Name: Chad
1ToughTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
There should only be 1 filament in the lamp so unless your alternator is bad it should be the same color unless they changed to dual filament lamps on newer tacos which I doubt
The DRL/blinkers are dual filament, that's how you get the two different intensities. And yes the DRLs turn off when the headlights are turned on, but the parking lights remain on. Thats why it is dimmer.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:44 AM   #46
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ToughTRD View Post
The DRL/blinkers are dual filament, that's how you get the two different intensities. And yes the DRLs turn off when the headlights are turned on, but the parking lights remain on. Thats why it is dimmer.
They changed it up on the newer tacos then, not sure why you brought up parking lights though
Old 02-16-2013, 10:26 AM   #47
1ToughTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1ToughTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1ToughTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1ToughTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1ToughTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1ToughTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1ToughTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1ToughTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1ToughTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1ToughTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1ToughTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: SSgt. USMC
Name: Chad
1ToughTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
They changed it up on the newer tacos then, not sure why you brought up parking lights though
Because they are the same bulb as the drls