1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rostra Bluetooth for OEM non-JBL

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by T@co_Pr3runn3r, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Feb 14, 2013 at 4:22 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r [OP] XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Scored a rostra bluetooth setup for the factory non-JBL stereos from a member here.
    hubyguny_0228a2487e7775899390cb62bcd35f80eeb932aa.jpg
    Very cool additional feature since I plan on staying with my factory stereo 6 disc with GROM usb/aux/ipod setup. This will allow phone calls over the factory stereo speakers. Been using bluetooth earpiece when driving but this will be nice update to the vehicle. Got the stuff yesterday and have been test fitting mic and switch to see where I will be mounting them. I know the switch fits the center panel but I tried it on the left of steering wheel and got it to wedge into a slot there with just a bit of opening above and below the switch. I like it there better because it's easier to use than having it in center panel in front of shifter and out of sight because of the way the switches are there. Seems easier to reach left of steering wheel too. Still contemplating that tho but the mic is not going in the gauge bezel like instructions suggest. I think I'm gonna stick it to a piece of velcro and velcro it to the headliner right above the rr view mirror so it'll be centered in the cab since I has reg cab and there is no console up there. I'll see how good the velcro sticks to headliner. There is always the option of just sticking the double sided tape to the headliner or even using gray rtv but would prefer not to resort to that. It is all plugnplay other than just running mic cable & switch cable from wherever you put them and plugging into control box. I will be doing install tommorrow and will shoot a few pics and list part numbers and such.

2. Feb 18, 2013 at 3:59 PM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Went ahead and mounted switch in left of dash. Easier to reach and visible. Mic velcro'd to headliner above rr view mirror. Plenty of wire for both to reach center of dash.

dash
    [​IMG]
    mic
    [​IMG]
    dash
    [​IMG]

Works great. Instruction quick ref decal fit perfect over the airbag sticker on inside of visor too.

The kit part number for 2008 Tacoma = 00012-01069-07

Kit had good instructions with pics and was completely plugnplay. I used a coathanger to fiche the wires thru the dash to get them to stereo area without having to take apart any other part of the dash besides pulling the stereo. The drvr side pillar cover had to come off to get mic wiring to center of headliner but that is just 2 simple screws. Very welcome addition to the truck.

3. Jan 22, 2014 at 10:10 PM
    Shawster

Shawster Member

Member:
    looks like a sweet set up. Where did you find that kit?

4. Jan 23, 2014 at 3:28 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Dude was selling it in the FS section here on the forum. Or get new stuff from here......

http://www.rostra.com/

Products Discussed in

To Top