1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Manual Clutch Assembly Broken Piece

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Hairy Taco, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Feb 15, 2013 at 8:45 AM
    Hairy Taco

Hairy Taco [OP] Jungle of Love

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    North of Hell
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD
    I have been having an issue with a particular bolt on my Manual Clutch Assembly. I first noticed it when the nut and washer came off and landed on my floor mat. At this point the pedal was super-loose and wiggly. After locating their point of origin near the base of the assembly, I managed, with great difficulty to push the bolt back all the way through the pedal pieces and the nut and washer back on tight.

Unfortunately a little piece of green plastic came down in the process. Since this, my Cruise Control has not worked. The dash light comes on, but the device does not operate.

Can anyone tell me wtf this piece of plastic is about? :confused:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Feb 15, 2013 at 8:49 AM
    nat

nat Well-Known Member

Member:
    South San Francisco Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    2007 DC SB Tacoma
    Bestop, MP3 Aux Input
    sounds like whatever switch is used to cut out the cruise control is being actuated in some way. The plastic piece has that indentation like it was resting against a stop of some kind.

3. Feb 15, 2013 at 8:54 AM
    Hairy Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    North of Hell
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD
    Thanks for responding. I think so too. I am hoping someone has seen this green piece before, and can confirm definitively that it is the problem.

4. Feb 15, 2013 at 10:47 AM
    Hairy Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    North of Hell
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD
    anyone? Bueller?

5. Feb 15, 2013 at 11:01 AM
    holyfield19

holyfield19 GO TIGERS!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD Sport 4X4
    Busted CV boots and lots of squeaks.
    Is that green cap thingy the clutch pedal stop? There is a mod on here somewhere to shorten the travel of the clutch pedal (with a penny, or something similar in size). I have done it to my truck, and I think that looks like the cover/cap the penny or whatever gets glued/taped to. I'll have to look later, but I think that may be what it is. As far as the cruise con. goes I'm not sure this would have anything to do with it, may just be collateral damage.

6. Feb 15, 2013 at 11:13 AM
    Hairy Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    North of Hell
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD
    ok, thanks. I am gonna stick my head back under there later and look for this.

7. Feb 15, 2013 at 11:15 AM
    holyfield19

holyfield19 GO TIGERS!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD Sport 4X4
    Busted CV boots and lots of squeaks.
    Short Throw Clutch
    Thanks Demoncleaner!

Quote:
    This was originally posted by Sonny on TN back 3-4 yrs ago. His link is dead. So here's basically what he did and I followed 2 yrs ago to shorten the relatively long throw.

The upper part of the clutch pedal assembly has a little green disc that hits a white button (for clutch start/cruise kill) when the pedal is not being pressed. What your doing is replacing the little green pop disc with something a little thicker (stock disc is about 3.5 mm thick), which shortens the pedal travel. Some guys have machined theirs, some epoxied coins on top of the existing green pop disc, I used a knurled knob I had sitting around and filed it down to 6 or 7 mm. Screwed into a nut and locks into place perfect.

Get a 2 ft stick to hold your clutch pedal down engaged (wedge against seat frame). Upper part of pedal arm you'll see the green pop disc. Needle nose plyers take it out.

Basically by doubling the thickness of this stopper, it translates to filling that empty dead travel of 5/8" or so (at least was on my 05'). Install and check, install and check. Don't have it too thick or it'll ride the clutch.

There'

s another part was about turning the plunger to lower the engagement point, but w/ the travel cut down I was happy w/ the engagement so I didn't touch it.
    truck_040a_933e9b23ceeac10933bb32a6691e412bb42ae389.jpg

Bam found it! I think that is what you are looking for. Also explains the cruise problem. I found a few other threads on it as well use the google/tw search and some will come up.

8. Feb 15, 2013 at 11:17 AM
    P9HST2

P9HST2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Iowa
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM AC TRD OR
    WeatherTech floor liners, tailgate hoseclamp, Famous Fab sliders, Brute Force Fab rear bumper, Icon "3T" suspension.
    I bet that is supposed to sit on top of the clutch pedal assembly and press against the cruise switch. You can see it in this pic. The arrow points to the switch, just below the switch on the stamped metal is what I think we're talking about.

clutch-cruise-sw_zps34435bb2_2e551d557ec1e2a15e71d4e5e693c77e33b06871.jpg

9. Feb 15, 2013 at 12:42 PM
    Hairy Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    North of Hell
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD
    ++ Thanks guys. That is the info I was needing.

Products Discussed in

To Top