Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

4wd light flashing

Old 02-16-2013, 03:30 PM   #42
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreidTaco View Post
First one, yes.
That second one is some f'ed up s#!t.

Here are some more pics of how i did it. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-actuator.html
Hey, you're the one that lives on the high plains.

Glad you fixed it.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:19 PM   #43
romafern is just really niceromafern is just really niceromafern is just really niceromafern is just really niceromafern is just really nice
Army: 66H8A5K- 9a     so if you like visiting my page here, let me know what where you looking for.
Name: Rob
romafern's Tacoma Gallery
Is that second movie clip from brokeback mountain? I've never seen that movie. If that is it, then the company that financed that movie needs a kick in the ass. weird shit!
Old 02-17-2013, 09:41 PM   #44
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by romafern View Post
Is that second movie clip from brokeback mountain? I've never seen that movie. If that is it, then the company that financed that movie needs a kick in the ass. weird shit!
Look at Rob, acting coy.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:00 PM   #45
romafern is just really niceromafern is just really niceromafern is just really niceromafern is just really niceromafern is just really nice
Army: 66H8A5K- 9a     so if you like visiting my page here, let me know what where you looking for.
Name: Rob
romafern's Tacoma Gallery
Very funny dude!
Old 02-20-2013, 12:50 AM   #46
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
Def gana have to try this when I get home from deployment in st paul island.
cause this is my problem

I can shift into 4wd hi and I hear it click in but the light just keeps blinking. Then when I got to switch in into 4lo while I'm in neutral it doesn't shift and just keeps beeping. Then the only way I can get out of 4hi is to shut the truck off, then switch to 2wd then turn the truck back on and it will then click out.

Any ideas?
Old 05-09-2013, 02:10 PM   #47
GoldMember
tacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: VMAQ-1
Name: Josh
tacosunday's Tacoma Gallery
So, a big thanks to Blackhawk88. My 4wd light was flashing and not engaging. At first I thought it might have something to do with the locker mod I did. Welp, after finding this thread I remembered two weeks ago I drove through the Gila river and the water was about 3 feet deep. I took the actuator out and pulled it apart and it was full of water and the little motor had begun to rust. I cleaned it all up and soldered the two pairs of contacts, put it all back together and works like a champ. I probably won't be trying to drive through rivers after this debacle.

Old 05-09-2013, 02:49 PM   #48
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
^ Great news! If you want, lay a bead of silicone around the edge of the housing before putting it back in to make it more water tight.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:57 PM   #49
GoldMember
tacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
^ Great news! If you want, lay a bead of silicone around the edge of the housing before putting it back in to make it more water tight.
Dude I totally thought of doing that and now that you mentioned it, I think I will.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:45 PM   #50
Backdoor Commentator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacosunday View Post
Dude I totally thought of doing that and now that you mentioned it, I think I will.
Glad it worked out well for you.
Have you checked for contaminated gear lube yet?
Old 05-09-2013, 11:45 PM   #51
GoldMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
Glad it worked out well for you.
Have you checked for contaminated gear lube yet?
I thought about that too but doesn't the front diff extend the breather up in the engine bay next to the fuse box?
Old 05-10-2013, 12:11 PM   #52
Backdoor Commentator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacosunday View Post
I thought about that too but doesn't the front diff extend the breather up in the engine bay next to the fuse box?
I'm not sure about that (need to check it myself), but I know the OEM rear diff breather definitely would be under 3' of water.