Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

SR5 & Magnaflow 16625 Cat Back System

Old 02-15-2013, 07:04 PM   #1
AZ Sun Lover is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZ Sun Lover is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZ Sun Lover is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZ Sun Lover is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZ Sun Lover is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZ Sun Lover is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZ Sun Lover is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZ Sun Lover is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZ Sun Lover is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZ Sun Lover is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZ Sun Lover is one of the sharper tools in the shed
AZ Sun Lover's Tacoma Gallery
SR5 & Magnaflow 16625 Cat Back System

Deleted
Old 02-18-2013, 06:53 AM   #2
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
I think their data is not updated. I believe that all 6lug Tacomas will have the same catback systems. Only difference is long vs. short bed.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:19 PM   #3
drewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Drew
drewskie's Tacoma Gallery
The sr5 is just an interior and exterior dress up pkg., so I don't see why the exhaust should be any different. Are you saying they are different from the standard pkg? Or the trd? The trd package may be different exhaust though. I have the magnaflow on my 08 2.7 prerunner, and I know that the exhaust shop did have to change something out in order for it to fit.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:00 PM   #4
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Sun Lover View Post
Sorry but I have looked and they are different. The NON SR5's have the same design as the header to Y pipe or mid-pipe on the 4-I. Look for yourself. The SR5 has two flanges that have use about 3mm thick crush washer / gasket. The non SR5 has more of a donut gasket.

AZ
Interesting, so a Prerunner nonSR5 v6 has a different flange then an SR5 or TRD? Doesnt make sense to me, but I will take your word for it.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:54 AM   #5
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
What about cutting the flange from the stock catback and welding it to the new catback.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:05 AM   #6
disk_55FL is on a distinguished road

Name: disk
disk_55FL's Tacoma Gallery
I have the MagnaFlow 16625.

My Taco : 2010 AC - SR5 - 2.7L

There is a difference. Went to put it on ...... held the unit up under the truck and it looked perfect...... except for the middle hanger bracket. Looks like it needs to move about 6 inches.

As soon as it warms up I'll fire up the TIG machine and make that happen.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:32 PM   #7
drewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Drew
drewskie's Tacoma Gallery
^ Prerunner correct?
Also, I believe your (our) exhaust is different from the v6, but the same as the other 2.7s.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:57 PM   #8
disk_55FL is on a distinguished road

Name: disk
disk_55FL's Tacoma Gallery
drewskie

If you're asking me .....mine's a 4 X 4