1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2013 Baja's, thought they were only 2012, guess I was wrong

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ZachMX, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Mar 19, 2013 at 4:59 PM
    MikeyMcFly

MikeyMcFly This is heavy, Doc.

Member:
    I'm a Masshole
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Off-Road 6MT / 1999 Corvette 6MT
    Building a Broja
    Sorry, I wasn't clear. The dealers will not order you those wheels unless you can provide them with a Baja VIN. Maybe you could fake it, but even if you could, Toyota restricts the order process to one wheel at a time. A member on here got a set because he has a friend who works at a dealer and was able to order him one wheel at a time over a period of many months.

Maybe if you were convincing you could find a local Baja with a VIN to use, but otherwise, good luck getting a set. I spent a great deal of time after them. Even the dealers who were able to order the black TX wheels (again, same VIN restrictions, but for whatever reason they figured out how to get ahold of them) were unable to get the gunmetal set for me.

I have the black Tacoma TX / 2010 FJ Trail Team wheels.

I got my first 4 at TRDParts4U. I supposedly got their last stock (2) and they managed to custom order me another pair (2). Maybe they can still get them for you, but I'm not sure. My spare came from ShopTRD, but I had read (after I gave a few members my info) that they weren't able to get them anymore either.

2. Mar 19, 2013 at 5:23 PM
    Brandon###

Brandon### Well-Known Member

Member:
    You need more than a vin to get specialty parts. Vin #s are easy to get. Basically your truck has to be at the dealer and you have to have some sort of manager approval before they sell it to you.

I have tried the vin # route:eek:

3. Mar 19, 2013 at 5:29 PM
    MikeyMcFly

MikeyMcFly This is heavy, Doc.

Member:
    I'm a Masshole
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Off-Road 6MT / 1999 Corvette 6MT
    Building a Broja
    Yeah...I couldn't in good conscience make that up on the spot (even if I found someone willing to do it) but it's good to hear that I would have hit walls trying.

I do like the gunmetal more, but I'm content with the black wheels. Still kinda fun knowing I have a set of wheels that aren't the easiest to source on the truck. It's also why I bought a 5th just to be safe.

4. Mar 19, 2013 at 5:31 PM
    taco terror

taco terror 1st gen = best gen

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    1996 Black Tacoma, 3.4L
    4.56 ECGS regear, Wheelers 6 leaf pack, Eibach coils, Bilstein 5100s, AR Baja wheels, 33 BFG ATs, Line-x

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  5. Mar 19, 2013 at 5:35 PM
    Brandon###

Brandon### Well-Known Member

Member:
    I was able to obtain a set of the black wheels too, but i really wanted to try and get some of the baja suspension parts...:cool:

Oh well, i will just save up some more and buy some kings or icons.

Products Discussed in

To Top