Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Help me on exhaust

Old 02-15-2013, 11:44 PM   #1
tacoma08brandon87 is on a distinguished road
Name: brandon
tacoma08brandon87's Tacoma Gallery
Help me on exhaust

Want to buy jba cat back exhaust for my 2008 Tacoma will it give me a lot power? Is that good brand to buy. Need help getting it from auto anything
Old 02-16-2013, 07:25 AM   #2
BARTRD has much to be proud ofBARTRD has much to be proud ofBARTRD has much to be proud ofBARTRD has much to be proud ofBARTRD has much to be proud ofBARTRD has much to be proud ofBARTRD has much to be proud ofBARTRD has much to be proud ofBARTRD has much to be proud of

Name: Brian
BARTRD's Tacoma Gallery
1st: this is in the wrong section, need to have a moderator move the post. 2nd: you won't see any power gains from exhaust. You'll get more/better sound, but that's about it. You most economical option would be to have a muffler shop just cut out your existing muffler and weld in a performance one. Waaaaaay cheaper and you'll get the same results. Personally I don't know anything about jba. I'm running magnaflow
Old 02-16-2013, 04:00 PM   #3
davidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
davidjmay's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BARTRD View Post
1st: this is in the wrong section, need to have a moderator move the post. 2nd: you won't see any power gains from exhaust. You'll get more/better sound, but that's about it. You most economical option would be to have a muffler shop just cut out your existing muffler and weld in a performance one. Waaaaaay cheaper and you'll get the same results. Personally I don't know anything about jba. I'm running magnaflow
Unless he gets some headers... some performance gains there. But otherwise yeah, IMO catback systems aren't much different from just welding on a new muffler.