LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Baja parts list

Old 02-16-2013, 10:00 PM   #21
jackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to behold
Name: Jack
jackrules's Tacoma Gallery
An extra inch of shock travel doesn't sound like 4 grand to me... I know theres other features... It seems to me that if Toyota wanted to create a new trim level, they should have gone a bit more extreme.. and maybe not put the huge Baja sticker on it..

The most interesting part of the article linked above is that Bajas are hand modified after TRD OR's roll off the assembly line..
Old 02-16-2013, 10:24 PM   #22
kevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant future

kevinthefawker's Tacoma Gallery
That was a pretty good artical to read, it kinda shines some more light on the smaller overlooked details on the baja package.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:07 AM   #23
Brandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Brandon###'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackrules View Post
An extra inch of shock travel doesn't sound like 4 grand to me... I know theres other features... It seems to me that if Toyota wanted to create a new trim level, they should have gone a bit more extreme.. and maybe not put the huge Baja sticker on it..

The most interesting part of the article linked above is that Bajas are hand modified after TRD OR's roll off the assembly line..
It's not meant to be a long travel suspension. As the article states you could swap out the uca's and get even more travel up front. Give the guys at toyota a little credit for trying to put a nice suspension package out there. How many other trucks besides the raptor come with remote reservoir shocks? And a shock package that easily cost over $1000? The answer is none.

Add up the parts that come on the baja and you will see every penny of the $4k. It's not all suspension. (No im not talking about the cost of the bro sticker too)
Old 02-17-2013, 02:44 PM   #24
mynameistory has a spectacular aura aboutmynameistory has a spectacular aura about
Name: Tory
mynameistory's Tacoma Gallery
So what I gather is that all of the parts are available off of the shelf except for the front shocks. Is there a running parts list for everything else? Also, what about the rear springs? Are they the OR 3-leaf pack, or something else?

Also, couldn't give a crap about the cold-air or the cat-back. Those are irrelevant performance-wise.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:19 PM   #25
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Why would you use 9100s in the front and only 5160s in the rear? Why not 7100s for the rear?
Old 02-17-2013, 08:49 PM   #26
jackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to behold
Name: Jack
jackrules's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon### View Post
It's not meant to be a long travel suspension. As the article states you could swap out the uca's and get even more travel up front. Give the guys at toyota a little credit for trying to put a nice suspension package out there. How many other trucks besides the raptor come with remote reservoir shocks? And a shock package that easily cost over $1000? The answer is none.

Add up the parts that come on the baja and you will see every penny of the $4k. It's not all suspension. (No im not talking about the cost of the bro sticker too)
I am happy that the TRD guys are trying to put together a better stock truck. And I'm sure they would go even farther if they didn't have to deal with corporate toyota. I am also very happy to see that that truck comes with BFG TA/KO's. I think all TRD's should come with those!

I would be interested to see how much better it would preform off road out in the desert than a standard TRD truck.

I can't imagine that the BAJA could hit whoopties ( repetitive bumps ) without screwing things up or "pogo sticking." I'm sure it would be a little better on washboard surfaces, but I can't imagine that it's that much better.

Overall, I'd have to say that I'm glad TRD is working on upgrading the trucks, and you do get 4k worth of parts added on to the truck. I just don't see that those 4K in parts will get you much better performance off road.

People buying this truck are going to think that they can hit bumps at 50 mph and they are going to think that they can jump it off dunes, and correct me if I'm wrong, but the BAJA simply can't do those things. It's built to gain an extra 5-10 mph on washes out in the desert.

NOTE TO OP: This thread has interested me more than another TW thread in a long time. Thanks for starting it!
Old 02-17-2013, 09:02 PM   #27
Fluffer
username is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: bullet sponge
username's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
People buying this truck are going to think that they can hit bumps at 50 mph and they are going to think that they can jump it off dunes, and correct me if I'm wrong, but the BAJA simply can't do those things. It's built to gain an extra 5-10 mph on washes out in the desert.
The raptor has the same problem. People think it's a trophy truck. It makes for some awesome videos though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKQdlXvbWSU
Old 02-17-2013, 09:02 PM   #28
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
why buy the baja package parts? waste of money for not much in return. the TRD exhaust is worth it, and the wheels look nice. other than those, GTFO and buy nicer shit meant to be hammered on and withstand said beatings. ICON, fox, camburg, TC, King, etc.. all make nicer, better performing parts that will give you more lift, better articulation, a much nicer ride, and last way longer than the "custom" Bilstein shit thats on the broja. the baja is a nice truck, dont get me wrong, if i was in the market for a new tacoma i would be buying one if i could find it, but i WOULD NOT buy the bajas overpriced parts to put in my current truck... just my 0.02.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:25 AM   #29
mynameistory has a spectacular aura aboutmynameistory has a spectacular aura about
Name: Tory
mynameistory's Tacoma Gallery
Spoken like a man who has missed the point entirely.

To me, the TRD exhaust is NOT worth it. It doesn't make any power, just extra noise and drone. Same with the cold air. No one has dyno slips to show me anything different. Wheels are easily sourced and changed, as are preferred tires.

But to me, there's value in a suspension package that has been approved, tuned, and assembled by the factory. There's a thousand different build threads with a thousand different lists of components used. You mentioned a bunch of big name suspension manufacturers. They're making components to appease EVERY vehicle and build type- they can't possibly research every single piece matched to every single vehicle. Which ones do I use? Can I mix and match? Will the pieces complement one another, or will they be disharmonious? Can you guarantee I won't get driveline vibrations? Can I use stock alignment specifications? Will the on-road manners be compromised? My point is that you don't know.

TRD does know, and they researched and tuned a set of parts that complement the truck without compromising everyday driveability. If I was looking for a mild upgrade over the OR package (especially a factory-approved one), why wouldn't I consider it?
Old 02-18-2013, 11:27 AM   #30
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Baja is a great tacoma package . Slightly overpriced sure but still great
Old 02-18-2013, 01:45 PM   #31
Rust Framed Tacoma :)
lj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lj973gm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
why buy the baja package parts? waste of money for not much in return. the TRD exhaust is worth it, and the wheels look nice. other than those, GTFO and buy nicer shit meant to be hammered on and withstand said beatings. ICON, fox, camburg, TC, King, etc.. all make nicer, better performing parts that will give you more lift, better articulation, a much nicer ride, and last way longer than the "custom" Bilstein shit thats on the broja. the baja is a nice truck, dont get me wrong, if i was in the market for a new tacoma i would be buying one if i could find it, but i WOULD NOT buy the bajas overpriced parts to put in my current truck... just my 0.02.
The exhaust is pointless as well. Just noise and not even good sounding, it is a V6
Old 02-18-2013, 05:18 PM   #32
Brandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Brandon###'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
Your post makes no sense at all. So if you were in the market for a new truck you would spend the extra 4k for the Baka package, but you wouldn't spend $1000 on your current truck to upgrade to "Baja" shocks....

I'm not sure why you consider the baja parts overpriced, because the only suspension parts that even have a price listed are the rear shocks...

I want someone to post up a better setup that you can buy for less than $1200. This should be interesting.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:53 AM   #33
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Baja parts list

Quote:
Your post makes no sense at all. So if you were in the market for a new truck you would spend the extra 4k for the Baka package, but you wouldn't spend $1000 on your current truck to upgrade to "Baja" shocks....

I'm not sure why you consider the baja parts overpriced, because the only suspension parts that even have a price listed are the rear shocks...

I want someone to post up a better setup that you can buy for less than $1200. This should be interesting.
Its gonna cost you more than 1200 bucks dude. The wheels alone are 1000, tires are another 1000, rear shocks are 360, and the list goes on. I like the baja and would buy one, but I would not spend the money on their parts to put into my truck, when you could get better parts, more lift, and much better performance for your buck. get pissy all you want but it's the truth. Tha baja is only like 1.5" taller than a regular Tacoma in the front, stock UCA's, eibach coils, shocks in the rear are OE replacements and not meant for any lift, leafs are the same....

And to answer your question, full OME kit is under 1200 and much better.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:09 AM   #34
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameistory View Post
Spoken like a man who has missed the point entirely.

To me, the TRD exhaust is NOT worth it. It doesn't make any power, just extra noise and drone. Same with the cold air. No one has dyno slips to show me anything different. Wheels are easily sourced and changed, as are preferred tires.

But to me, there's value in a suspension package that has been approved, tuned, and assembled by the factory. There's a thousand different build threads with a thousand different lists of components used. You mentioned a bunch of big name suspension manufacturers. They're making components to appease EVERY vehicle and build type- they can't possibly research every single piece matched to every single vehicle. Which ones do I use? Can I mix and match? Will the pieces complement one another, or will they be disharmonious? Can you guarantee I won't get driveline vibrations? Can I use stock alignment specifications? Will the on-road manners be compromised? My point is that you don't know.

TRD does know, and they researched and tuned a set of parts that complement the truck without compromising everyday driveability. If I was looking for a mild upgrade over the OR package (especially a factory-approved one), why wouldn't I consider it?
If you were to add the TRD Baja parts to a stock Tacoma, you couldn't guarantee no vibrations or alignment issues. You could very likely develop driveline vibrations with a stock TRD Baja.

If the idea is to buy a fully warrantied truck that has upgraded components then I would agree that the Baja is a decent choice. This thread was created to ask about a list of parts one would have to buy to upgrade a non-Baja Tacoma to a Baja package and, it's just not worth it. The added parts won't be warrantied and you will have spent an ass load of money on sub-par parts for that price range. If you already own a Tacoma and want to upgrade, it's not worth it to buy the Baja components, you're better off looking into Icon, Fox or King. There are some other companies making less expensive extended travel parts also, not sure if they're still in business though.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:27 AM   #35

650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
If you were to add the TRD Baja parts to a stock Tacoma, you couldn't guarantee no vibrations or alignment issues. You could very likely develop driveline vibrations with a stock TRD Baja.

If the idea is to buy a fully warrantied truck that has upgraded components then I would agree that the Baja is a decent choice. This thread was created to ask about a list of parts one would have to buy to upgrade a non-Baja Tacoma to a Baja package and, it's just not worth it. The added parts won't be warrantied and you will have spent an ass load of money on sub-par parts for that price range. If you already own a Tacoma and want to upgrade, it's not worth it to buy the Baja components, you're better off looking into Icon, Fox or King. There are some other companies making less expensive extended travel parts also, not sure if they're still in business though.
x2... and baja owners do have vibes. the baja tacoma is not magical.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:00 AM   #36
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Can you tell me why the Baja suspension wouldn't be any better than Toytec's "Ultimate" lift kit? Try to compare the parts...

I never said it was better than Icon and "all the other top brands". I will say it is better than an OME suspension though.
broski theres no way that those TRD coilovers can handle a 160lb ARB bumper and a 60 pound winch, without drooping and still perform off road, if they did everyone would recommend switching to TRD coils, not OME 886x's...a full OME set up with LR UCA's is about 1300-1400, so put that on a TRD OR and youve got a more capable truck than the Baja, and you also cant even begin to compare the Dakar leaf pack to the OEM 4 leaf...once again, no one would upgrade to it if it wasnt better...

also have you ever used any OME components?
Old 02-19-2013, 11:09 AM   #37
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
But the Baja has special TRD valving engineered by God.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:14 AM   #38

650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Yoda View Post
broski theres no way that those TRD coilovers can handle a 160lb ARB bumper and a 60 pound winch, without drooping and still perform off road, if they did everyone would recommend switching to TRD coils, not OME 886x's...a full OME set up with LR UCA's is about 1300-1400, so put that on a TRD OR and youve got a more capable truck than the Baja, and you also cant even begin to compare the Dakar leaf pack to the OEM 4 leaf...once again, no one would upgrade to it if it wasnt better...

also have you ever used any OME components?
there is a mechanic in my area that does just off road set ups on jeeps and trucks. (owns a pretty nice JK, even though it is a jeep), and he said the OME Dakar leafs were the most progresive leafs he has seen on a truck. there is absolutely NO way you can compare them to toyotas shitty 4 leaf pack (if the baja even has the TSB).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
But the Baja has special TRD valving engineered by God.

TRD = God, God's baja tacoma...

OP, look at RJALLDAY's truck, then look at the TRD baja, and tell me that the TRD parts are better engineered for our trucks...
Old 02-19-2013, 11:33 AM   #39
TeamBlue
alegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
alegav's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to alegav Send a message via Yahoo to alegav
Maybe they left a part of of my package You don't get the TRD CAI as part of the baja package unless that's something new for 2013....

Alex
Old 02-19-2013, 11:34 AM   #40
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
they also say in the artical that all OR tacomas with the tow package get the 3 pack with overload leaf.. I have tow package and only got the 3 leaf.. no overload.