LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Baja parts list

Old 02-16-2013, 09:28 AM   #1
Toyotacerttech is a splendid one to beholdToyotacerttech is a splendid one to beholdToyotacerttech is a splendid one to beholdToyotacerttech is a splendid one to beholdToyotacerttech is a splendid one to beholdToyotacerttech is a splendid one to beholdToyotacerttech is a splendid one to behold
Name: Michael
Toyotacerttech's Tacoma Gallery
Baja parts list

Im trying to find the parts list and part numbers for the baja truck, saw it here on the forum and searched for it but couldn't find it.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:39 AM   #2
Brandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Brandon###'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyotacerttech View Post
Im trying to find the parts list and part numbers for the baja truck, saw it here on the forum and searched for it but couldn't find it.

The front shocks are not available at this time, not even in the aftermarket. (I already called the dealer, TRD, and Bilstein)

Rear Bilstein 5160's can easily be found anywhere.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:27 AM   #3
Toyotacerttech is a splendid one to beholdToyotacerttech is a splendid one to beholdToyotacerttech is a splendid one to beholdToyotacerttech is a splendid one to beholdToyotacerttech is a splendid one to beholdToyotacerttech is a splendid one to beholdToyotacerttech is a splendid one to behold
Im Just curious to how much the stuff cost, since I'm at work right now.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:34 AM   #4
Brandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyotacerttech View Post
Im Just curious to how much the stuff cost, since I'm at work right now.

Rear shocks=$400
Wheels= $900 (closest thing you can buy is the black or bronze versions)
Extended Rear brake lines=$75
TRD Cold air intake=$400
Tires=$900
TRD Exhaust=$400
Front Shocks=not available to the public
Front springs=$150

I'm sure there is more I'm forgetting
Old 02-16-2013, 11:44 AM   #5
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
Wildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
Wildlandtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon### View Post
Rear shocks=$400
Wheels= $900 (closest thing you can buy is the black or bronze versions)
Extended Rear brake lines=$75
TRD Cold air intake=$400
Tires=$900
TRD Exhaust=$400
Front Shocks=not available to the public
Front springs=$150

I'm sure there is more I'm forgetting
Sounds about right and arnt the front shocks 5100s
Old 02-16-2013, 12:16 PM   #6
Rust Framed Tacoma :)
lj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lj973gm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post
You are going to hell , there will be a baja nut swinger in here shortly to tell you how they are not 5100's and are specially tailored to TRD specs for the tacoma and 49 years of research.

They are only available to those who bought baja editions, they will not sell them to use pheasants.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:19 PM   #7
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
With all the very good aftermarket parts available out there I'm not sure why there's a fascination of replicating what's on the Baja.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:21 PM   #8
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
Wildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
Wildlandtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lj973gm View Post
You are going to hell , there will be a baja nut swinger in here shortly to tell you how they are not 5100's and are specially tailored to TRD specs for the tacoma and 49 years of research.

They are only available to those who bought baja editions, they will not sell them to use pheasants.

Haha okay because the rear they use the 5160 and put a Trd sticker on it that's probably what they did to the front so in theory if you put Trd sticker on a 5100 you got Baja shocks.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:21 PM   #9
Rust Framed Tacoma :)
lj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lj973gm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
With all the very good aftermarket parts available out there I'm not sure why there's a fascination of replicating what's on the Baja.

The baja owners will be coming as a armada to come find you, run for cover while you can. You have been warned.

Baja gives you a warranty and a truck that can run the baja coming in first place everytime. If there are multiple baja's entered they all tie for first.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:27 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post

No, they're not 5100's They're Bilstein 9100's.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars...-drive-7455307
Old 02-16-2013, 12:52 PM   #12
I found all the part numbers and the only thing that are not in any of the warehouses are the shocks. I just haven't had time to see how much the stuff cost not msrp.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:39 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post

Some people would rather rely on the engineers at Toyota to put together a nice suspension package rather than throw parts at a truck and hope everything works well together.

No one has compared the Bajas to a Raptor, and I haven't seen anyone signing their Baja up for the Baja 1000.

But the fact is, this is the best suspension that a Tacoma has ever left the factory with ( this may not be saying much). It's definitely not the ultimate, end all be all suspension.

I will go out on a limb and say it is better than 90% of TacomaWorld members' suspensions, mine included. It doesn't compare to most Icon, Fox, etc... setups, but it is by far better than anyone's 5100 setup and that includes Toytec's stuff.

<flame suit on>
Old 02-16-2013, 02:54 PM   #14
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Some people would rather rely on the engineers at Toyota to put together a nice suspension package rather than throw parts at a truck and hope everything works well together.

No one has compared the Bajas to a Raptor, and I haven't seen anyone signing their Baja up for the Baja 1000.

But the fact is, this is the best suspension that a Tacoma has ever left the factory with ( this may not be saying much). It's definitely not the ultimate, end all be all suspension.

I will go out on a limb and say it is better than 90% of TacomaWorld members' suspensions, mine included. It doesn't compare to most Icon, Fox, etc... setups, but it is by far better than anyone's 5100 setup and that includes Toytec's stuff.

<flame suit on>
ehhh idk about being better than toytec, icon and all the other top notch brands of course are better, TRD isnt gonna custom valve your shocks for each customer, i know the rear suspension isnt anything special, and while the front is beefed up A LITTLE, putting red paint on coils that give an extra inch or so of lift doesnt mean it can carry the weight of a plate bumper or do anything a full OME equipped truck can do. /rant
Old 02-16-2013, 03:20 PM   #15
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

<flame suit on>
You said its not the end all be all suspension and that was my point. I wouldn't worry about putting together these parts separately that may not be available when they're not even the best components one could get for these trucks.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:21 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Yoda View Post
ehhh idk about being better than toytec, icon and all the other top notch brands of course are better, TRD isnt gonna custom valve your shocks for each customer, i know the rear suspension isnt anything special, and while the front is beefed up A LITTLE, putting red paint on coils that give an extra inch or so of lift doesnt mean it can carry the weight of a plate bumper or do anything a full OME equipped truck can do. /rant

Can you tell me why the Baja suspension wouldn't be any better than Toytec's "Ultimate" lift kit? Try to compare the parts...

I never said it was better than Icon and "all the other top brands". I will say it is better than an OME suspension though.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:34 PM   #17
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
I've seen it compared to a Raptor? and you are going to say its the same as a Toytec ULK but the OME is worse??? To me that doesnt make any sense.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:09 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
I've seen it compared to a Raptor? and you are going to say its the same as a Toytec ULK but the OME is worse??? To me that doesnt make any sense.

Where did I say it was the same as a Toytec ULK?

Maybe if I write it like this, it will make more sense to you:

Icon, Fox, King > Bilstein 9100s + 5160's (Baja) > Toytec ULK, OME, Iron Man, etc...

If anyone disagrees, feel free to explain why.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:43 PM   #19
Kenny Fuckin Powers

Its a pointless argument since I doubt anyone in here has actually tried out all these various setups to really know what performs best in what application.