Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Newbie saying Hey and thanks!!

Old 02-16-2013, 10:57 AM   #1
fla taco is on a distinguished road

fla taco's Tacoma Gallery
Newbie saying Hey and thanks!!

Long time reader of TW. I have a 05 prerunner silver streak dblcb trd off rd. I've learned a lot here and have used the stickies to do the anytime foglight MOD and have also recently changed my plugs and did my own rear diff service. All painless and easy thanks to the thorough guides posted here.

I recently checked my VIN and found the spiral cable recall had not been done to my 05. I purchased this truck last year with 21k original on the clock. Love the truck. Anyway while at the dealer for the recall I asked about the leaf spring tsb. The writer said he had never heard of it but would check. Just before they finished up the writer came out and said he had found the tsb. I said great. Luckily I was sitting down.....$2480. to complete the tsb. That would replace all shocks, the rear leafs and a couple of other components. Needless to say I passed on it.

Well thanks again for all the info and help and glad to be a member.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:59 AM   #2
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!
Old 02-16-2013, 11:12 AM   #3
baseballfan5566 is a splendid one to beholdbaseballfan5566 is a splendid one to beholdbaseballfan5566 is a splendid one to beholdbaseballfan5566 is a splendid one to beholdbaseballfan5566 is a splendid one to beholdbaseballfan5566 is a splendid one to beholdbaseballfan5566 is a splendid one to behold

baseballfan5566's Tacoma Gallery
What fog light mod did you do? Link?
Old 02-16-2013, 11:43 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballfan5566 View Post
What fog light mod did you do? Link?

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...html#post45430

This was an easy mod that requires maybe 45minutes. It is well written and includes a detailed material list. Good luck!!
Old 02-16-2013, 11:49 AM   #5
baseballfan5566 is a splendid one to beholdbaseballfan5566 is a splendid one to beholdbaseballfan5566 is a splendid one to beholdbaseballfan5566 is a splendid one to beholdbaseballfan5566 is a splendid one to beholdbaseballfan5566 is a splendid one to beholdbaseballfan5566 is a splendid one to behold

baseballfan5566's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks!
Old 02-16-2013, 01:41 PM   #6
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Lurk no more. Welcome into the light!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fla taco View Post
Long time reader of TW. I have a 05 prerunner silver streak dblcb trd off rd. I've learned a lot here and have used the stickies to do the anytime foglight MOD and have also recently changed my plugs and did my own rear diff service. All painless and easy thanks to the thorough guides posted here.

I recently checked my VIN and found the spiral cable recall had not been done to my 05. I purchased this truck last year with 21k original on the clock. Love the truck. Anyway while at the dealer for the recall I asked about the leaf spring tsb. The writer said he had never heard of it but would check. Just before they finished up the writer came out and said he had found the tsb. I said great. Luckily I was sitting down.....$2480. to complete the tsb. That would replace all shocks, the rear leafs and a couple of other components. Needless to say I passed on it.

Well thanks again for all the info and help and glad to be a member.
I'm not spending much more than that for a real suspension upgrade. I'm really surprised Toyota hasn't smartened up and put together some lift packages worth that kind of money. I think they'd sell well.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:37 PM   #7

I'm not spending much more than that for a real suspension upgrade. I'm really surprised Toyota hasn't smartened up and put together some lift packages worth that kind of money. I think they'd sell well.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I guess Toyota figures they currently have the the "mid-sized" pick up market basically to themselves so there is no need to change anything they are doing. I like the Tacoma. This is my third and it is vastly different from my first two, an 1984 4x4 SR5 with the small shelf behind the front seats and a 1988 4x4 SR5 same set up. Both were 4 banger/5spd and tough little trucks. I like what direction Toyo took with the 2nd generations. I look forward to what the 3rd generation will bring to the table......