Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Battery booster pack

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-16-2013, 06:02 PM   #21
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Blah
AND.....if using it thru the cig lighter, or whatever, it wont deliver more than 5 amps.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:04 PM   #22
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
AND.....if using it thru the cig lighter, or whatever, it wont deliver more than 5 amps.
I used it at the battery
Old 02-16-2013, 06:04 PM   #23
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I used it at the battery
so you got a 100 amp boost on a weak battery. It beats getting a jump start.......barley.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:05 PM   #24
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
so you got a 100 amp boost on a weak battery. It beats getting a jump start.......barley.
Like I said , worked great both times
Old 02-16-2013, 06:06 PM   #25

Quote:
Like I said , worked great both times
I rather have a decent battery, and not have to worry about it at all.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:07 PM   #26

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I rather have a decent battery, and not have to worry about it at all.
I was jumping other people and trying to answer the OP's question
Old 02-16-2013, 06:08 PM   #27

Quote:
I was jumping other people and trying to answer the OP's question
I really dont need to hear about your homosexual antics.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:09 PM   #29

Quote:
Reported
Received, and deleted.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:01 PM   #30
Jimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MT1 (SS) retired
Jimmyh's Tacoma Gallery
OP as an emergency device they work very well. and it is extra good if it has an inverter as you could use it to charge the cell phone also.

It is not a substitute for a defective battery.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:05 PM   #31
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyh View Post
This. If you feel that your battery might be getting weaker, just replace it. Although having a booster is handy, too.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:30 PM   #32

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyh View Post
OP as an emergency device they work very well. and it is extra good if it has an inverter as you could use it to charge the cell phone also.

OZ agrees with Jimmy's dismissal of Chris' nonsense
Old 02-16-2013, 09:45 PM   #34
Utard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
Utard's Tacoma Gallery
I guarantee this will start anything you need to start. Its a beast in every way.

My last job I had to use one of these all the time. Thing lasted for years. It would even start an old 310B back hoe that had two huge 6 volts wired for 12 volts.

http://www.amazon.com/Truck-ES6000-3...I39AZ9T48SNYJ7

and they make this smaller one that should work just find for our trucks.

Old 04-04-2013, 03:15 PM   #35
808 Zombie Outbreak Tactical Response Team K9 Unit
DJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to all

Name: Sean
DJSPEC's Tacoma Gallery
We use the boosterpac 2500 at work to start dead vehicles. It starts everything that comes into the shop with a dead battery. I just bought the boosterpac 5000 for personal use from Napa auto parts

http://www.amazon.com/Booster-ES5000.../dp/B000JFHNQA
Old 04-06-2013, 05:57 AM   #36
Shadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Computer Repair STRATCOM
Name: BiLL
Shadetree's Tacoma Gallery
A tip........

Most major auto parts and battery dealers will test your battery and charging system for free, but the battery needs to be externally charged before the test to achieve a more accurate measurement of it's health. A healthy battery, charging system and starter are co-dependent on each other. Terminal corrosion is one of the most common causes of starting problems.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:11 PM   #38
Utard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
Utard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJSPEC View Post
We use the boosterpac 2500 at work to start dead vehicles. It starts everything that comes into the shop with a dead battery. I just bought the boosterpac 5000 for personal use from Napa auto parts

http://www.amazon.com/Booster-ES5000.../dp/B000JFHNQA
Nice. I use those for my last job. They are a great brand for just a straight up battery jumper. They worked great for years with weekly use.

If you ever need a beast of a one that will start anything check out the Truck PAC ES6000. I used to use that one to start an old John Deere 310B. It had two huge 6 volts.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:21 PM   #40
lpfm1990 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
lpfm1990's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to lpfm1990
easy people, dont get in an uproar over a question!!!! anyways, how much did the oddessey set you back, and what store sells them, sounds like one strong ass battery, and one i will consider in about a year or two for when my battery is 2-3 years old

Products Discussed in this Thread