Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Adding LED lights with DRL

Old 02-16-2013, 05:33 PM   #1
Jun is on a distinguished road
Jun's Tacoma Gallery
Adding LED lights with DRL

Hello,

I would like to add an LED light with the DRL mods. I saw a LED strip about 24 inches (cuttable) long at Discount Autoparts and I was wondering if anyone has done this mod with the DRL. I've seen this on other cars and thinking why not have this in the truck. The LED is available in Cats eye which cold be mounted outside with the fog lights but I am not sure about the heat and drilling a hole for the wire. I am planning to buy the kit but at the same time I am wondering if this can be done. The LEd has a 3M adhesive on it so I could mount this just underneath the headlight outside. I am not sure if I would disassemble a headlight for this. I search the forum with no success. Any help is greatly appreciated guys. Wiring diagrams?
Old 02-17-2013, 06:28 AM   #2
Cain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant future

Cain's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.usa.philips.com/c/car-lam...wledx1/prd/en/

I'm happy with these.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:39 AM   #3
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
^ pics? How much were they?
Old 02-17-2013, 06:41 AM   #4
Cain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant future

Cain's Tacoma Gallery
Search my name for posts with pics, I posted in a thread I made or posted in for pictures

For price. http://www.philipsautolighting.com/d...FQjhQgodaHYAmA

https://www.google.com/search?q=phil...w=1024&bih=672

I used the 8 led not the 4
Old 02-17-2013, 06:48 AM   #5
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, I found your posts. I like the way they look.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:31 AM   #6
Jun is on a distinguished road
Jun's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Cain, Thanks for the link. I knew someone must have done this. If you don't mind, Did you incorporate the LED with DRL or you have it on a switch so could turn it on and off. I like to have the LED with DRL mods so I don't have to remind myself of turning it on. You mind showing me the steps or any link of how you installed it? Appreciate any help.