Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Extended Warranties

Old 02-19-2013, 06:15 AM   #21
Lwolf777 is on a distinguished road
Name: Pj
Lwolf777's Tacoma Gallery
If you do plan on getting one from Toyota shop around, my dealer almostbgot me with this one a 7 yr 100k for 2300 bucks almost did it.told me it was 3100 bucks but being I bought a new truck they gave me a "discount", Last minute I opted out they were obviously pissed, long story short got the same warranty for 890 bucks from a Toyota dealer in Massachusetts. I went back to my dealer and showed them they said it's impossible. Had the paperwork, etc
Old 02-19-2013, 06:31 AM   #22
mike h is on a distinguished road
Name: mike
mike h's Tacoma Gallery
I bought the comprehensive extended warranty from Toyota (not third party) on my Taco. It was about $1200 if I recall correctly, it was a 2008 taco with 8,000 miles (Certified Used Toyota) I bought in 2012. Goes out 5 years and 100k miles. I hope I never need it, certainly. I wasn't too concerned about the extra money.

I had a Subaru that was plagued with expensive AC issues, and that was what sort of pushed me towards it. I had a similar warranty on a Nissan that was not thru Nissan, it was third party, and it never covered anything that failed, so I am skeptical of these. The Nissan dealer screwed me on that one. Hoping that I never need the Toyota warranty, but fairly confident that if I do, being a Toyota Certified Extended Warranty, it will cover whatever oddities may occur.

If money is tight I'd say don't get it. If you flip your vehicle every few years don't get it. I'll take the Taco past 100k miles/5 years so I figured I'd go for it.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:14 PM   #23
City Slickin' Redneck, I wear a suit with a mullet
ChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ChiveOn's Tacoma Gallery
I bought the 6 year 160Km warranty from Toyota just for the peice of mind. I think in total it was only $1,500.

My Dad put the same warranty on his Fj Cruiser when he bought it and it saved him as both front wheel bearings went last year.

Essentially when you buy a warranty you are betting something will go wrong and Toyota (manufacturer) is saying nothing will go wrong in the selected time or mileage.

Undercoat on the other hand is a total rip off IMO.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:48 PM   #24
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
http://youtu.be/qLp_20cIq_s
Old 02-20-2013, 08:41 AM   #25
Lwolf777 is on a distinguished road
Name: Pj
Lwolf777's Tacoma Gallery
So effing true, they did it to me as well, with the warranty. Back n forth wait sir "me" it's usually 3100 bucks, let me speakmto my boss... 5 minutes later ok he usually don't do this but he knocked off 700 bucks. If u decide to get it after sale, will be 3100.