Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Leather

Old 02-16-2013, 08:40 PM   #1
azn toyo is on a distinguished road
azn toyo's Tacoma Gallery
Leather

I have a 1st Gen Regular Cab and I'm thinking about a 2nd Gen Double Cab. I know I want a TRD off-road package. I've tried to search the forums but I haven't been able to find out when leather (or fake leather) seats became an option. I know the 2013's have the fake leather as an option with the limited package but I'm not sure if you can get it as a stand alone option.

I know lots of people have gone with Katskinz and have been happy with it, but if possible, I'd like to find a used Tacoma without cloth seats if possible.

I guess the main thing I'm trying to figure out is what years to keep an eye out for.

Thanks for the help
Old 02-17-2013, 05:52 AM   #2
scottw1 is a jewel in the roughscottw1 is a jewel in the roughscottw1 is a jewel in the roughscottw1 is a jewel in the rough
Army: 1BCT, 101 ABN DIV
Name: Scott
scottw1's Tacoma Gallery
I think 2013 is it. I think 2012s only offered "Premium Cloth Seats."
Old 02-17-2013, 06:26 AM   #3
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
Honestly you should just put aside $500 for some clazzio covers and find the best used truck you can and then install the covers yourself.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:01 AM   #4
Tacoma TSS
dalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dale
dalesrn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingston73 View Post
Honestly you should just put aside $500 for some clazzio covers and find the best used truck you can and then install the covers yourself.
What Kingston73 said. I love my Clazzio covers! See post #18 in this link ---> Clazzio Seat Covers
Old 02-17-2013, 01:51 PM   #6
Piratelawyer is just really nicePiratelawyer is just really nicePiratelawyer is just really nicePiratelawyer is just really nicePiratelawyer is just really nice
Name: Chris
Piratelawyer's Tacoma Gallery
Had mine installed as part of deal with dealership. Love my leather seats. Any vehicle I buy will have them or they will be installed shortly after purchase. My wife's Camry has heated seats. Wish I had negotiated that as part of my deal for my Tacoma.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:59 PM   #7
So in regards to the Clazzio covers, can you tell they are covers? Meaning, is there a lot of slack between the cover and the seat? I have Wet Okeles on my Regular Cab bench and you can tell there is slack in the middle of the seat and pack rest since there isn't anything in the middle to help apply tension to pull it towards the seat (which I'm assuming the Katskinz would).

Piratelawyer/Thomasmore66, I assume you negotiated the leather seats in a deal with a New truck, correct?
Old 02-17-2013, 05:44 PM   #8
ThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ThomasMore66's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by azn toyo View Post
So in regards to the Clazzio covers, can you tell they are covers? Meaning, is there a lot of slack between the cover and the seat? I have Wet Okeles on my Regular Cab bench and you can tell there is slack in the middle of the seat and pack rest since there isn't anything in the middle to help apply tension to pull it towards the seat (which I'm assuming the Katskinz would).

Piratelawyer/Thomasmore66, I assume you negotiated the leather seats in a deal with a New truck, correct?
Indeed I did. The cloth seats were pretty nice, but I just wanted leather. I got them for $1095 installed on my 4dr. I was happy with that price.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:48 PM   #9
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Search for the Clazzio and katskinz threads to see pics. Mine took a month or so to break in but now they look great, no sagging. Clazzios will cost around $400 and katskinz are around $600.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:31 PM   #10
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Hardscrabble's Tacoma Gallery
I have "dealer installed" leather seats in my '11 DCSB. It was part of the deal when I negotiated OTD price. "Factory leather wasn't an option in 2011.

Find a local auto upholstery shop and get a quote for leather seats. A co-worker did this on a Honda Accord he bought and it was $1,000. FWIW, they looked great.

Good luck.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:00 PM   #11
Osugoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedOsugoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedOsugoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedOsugoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedOsugoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedOsugoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedOsugoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedOsugoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedOsugoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedOsugoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedOsugoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
Osugoose's Tacoma Gallery
I have two tone katskinz in mine 2011, looks so much better than anything the factory puts out.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:47 AM   #12
Piratelawyer is just really nicePiratelawyer is just really nicePiratelawyer is just really nicePiratelawyer is just really nicePiratelawyer is just really nice
Name: Chris
Piratelawyer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Yes. I negotiated the price of the truck. When we got to a number that I was happy with I told them that I would take if for that price if they added leather seats. We ended up splitting the cost allegedly. I am not sure how much they actually cost the dealership, but they said about $1000.00 installed. I ended up paying $500.00.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:20 AM   #14
Thanks for the info guys. That's odd that factory leather/fake leather wasn't an option until this year. Guess I'll have to put aside some $$$ to cover Clazzio or Katskins.

At least that won't limit my search for a nice used DC.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:55 PM   #15
JCruiser is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCruiser is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCruiser is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCruiser is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCruiser is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCruiser is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCruiser is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCruiser is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCruiser is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCruiser is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCruiser is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Over your paygrade
Name: Master Chief (E-9) USN (Ret)
JCruiser's Tacoma Gallery
Clazzio!! Photo is the day I put them in. Now that they have had time to settle and stretch a bit, they are perfect. No sag, no wrinkles. Very happy with my purchase. Automotiveinteriors.com $270.00 with free delivery in the USA.

Old 02-25-2013, 06:12 PM   #16
TRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud of
TRD Toy85's Tacoma Gallery
I want leather so bad !

any one have pics of their katskinz?

Im sorry but the clazzio just look cheap as hell.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:07 PM   #17

Are yu looking at the same pick I am? How do you think they look cheap? Just search the forum for Clazzio threads, you'll find pictures in a few different threads. I should go take a picture of mine after having them a few months, they had a few wrinkles when I first installed the, but they are tight now.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:48 PM   #20
IKA fabrications
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks for the info guys. That's odd that factory leather/fake leather wasn't an option until this year. Guess I'll have to put aside some $$$ to cover Clazzio or Katskins.

At least that won't limit my search for a nice used DC.
Thats what kept me from buying a tacoma this whole time. Then I found out its fake leather and its not even an option!
It only comes on the ugly ass limited... (in hawaii anyway)
So i just got a '13 off road and put okoles on it.