LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Performance and fuel

Old 02-17-2013, 07:43 AM   #1
Kyzer76 is on a distinguished road
Kyzer76's Tacoma Gallery
Performance and fuel

I have 20000kms on my new 2013 Tacoma and I feel it is under powered and my fuel economy at best is 16.8 miles per gallon. Does anyone have this problem if so what have you done to improve it.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:53 AM   #2
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Hi! Welcome to TW! I'm Also from Alberta. You seem to be past the break in period, milage usually improves around the 10,000km mark if its going to. There could be a number of factors, Lift kits and Larger tires take their tolls on these trucks as far as mileage is concerned. What all do you have modified on your truck?
Old 02-17-2013, 07:55 AM   #3
Kyzer76's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post
Hi! Welcome to TW! I'm Also from Alberta. You seem to be past the break in period, milage usually improves around the 10,000km mark if its going to. There could be a number of factors, Lift kits and Larger tires take their tolls on these trucks as far as mileage is concerned. What all do you have modified on your truck?
I have a 3"lift is all
Old 02-17-2013, 07:59 AM   #4
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyzer76 View Post
I have a 3"lift is all
Your profile also says you have a double cab. So I'm assuming a 4x4 system & a V6 engine?
Old 02-17-2013, 08:04 AM   #5
Kyzer76's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post
Your profile also says you have a double cab. So I'm assuming a 4x4 system & a V6 engine?
Yes that's right it's a trd
Old 02-17-2013, 08:06 AM   #6

Quote:
Yes that's right it's a trd
16.8 MPG's seems average, maybe a little on the low side of average but still average. My suggestion is check your air filter, Alberta can be one hell of a dusty place if you're in the north section of it. And these trucks fuel economy drops like a rock above 110.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:18 AM   #7
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
16.8 MPG with a lift is pretty good..
Old 02-17-2013, 08:21 AM   #8
Kyzer76's Tacoma Gallery
Air filter is new and all I drive is hi way miles very conservative driver but I drive at 120km all the time
Old 02-17-2013, 08:21 AM   #9

Yup, Also you need to realize that if your using a softer type of shock, there is a lot more dampening of movement, meaning it works against you for fuel mileage on the hiway.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:25 AM   #10
Kyzer76's Tacoma Gallery
It's pretty bad my wife drives a 2012 chev Tahoe way more horse power way bigger unit and averages 23to24
Old 02-17-2013, 08:32 AM   #11

Quote:
It's pretty bad my wife drives a 2012 chev Tahoe way more horse power way bigger unit and averages 23to24
Yea, unfortunately the current engine in the Tacoma is very outdated, Pioneered and hit the market in 2004 I believe, which means it was in development and design at least 2-3 years prior ot that. It's old and innefficient by todays standards.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:48 AM   #12
B11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
B11's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure the elevation you're at but that will have an effect too. Also, winter months always produce lower MPG's.

Not sure what part of AB you're in but we were in Banff/Norquay/Lake Louise for 10 days during Thanksgiving and that part of Alberta is one of the most beautiful areas I've ever been too. Can't wait to go back next year.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:50 AM   #13

♥ Alberta