Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Gas mileage up since new plugs

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-17-2013, 05:40 PM   #1
rhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Robert
rhowell's Tacoma Gallery
Gas mileage up since new plugs

I managed an extra 20 miles on my first tank with new plugs. I drove normal which for me is no-where near granny driving.

Changed the front and rear diffs with royal purple today. First time in 60,000 miles.

Going to be interesting to see if mileage goes up more.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:59 PM   #2
Supercharged Mileage Master
MikeyLikesIt will become famous soon enoughMikeyLikesIt will become famous soon enough
MikeyLikesIt's Tacoma Gallery
Cool. Which plugs did you end up going with?
Old 02-17-2013, 11:27 PM   #4
fireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud of
fireroad's Tacoma Gallery
What shape where your factory plugs in ie carbon build up, gap, etc? How many miles did they have on them?
Old 02-17-2013, 11:30 PM   #5
rhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rhowell's Tacoma Gallery
60,000 miles. Really brown but I would say normal. Gap was about .51 so they were beyond spec by a fair bit.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:05 AM   #6
Crème fraîche.
ScissorMeTimbers is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Staff Sergeant - Electronic Warfare
Name: Matt
ScissorMeTimbers's Tacoma Gallery
I need to do this, getting about 240 miles before my light comes on. Not the first owner and pretty sure my plugs haven't been changed for a very long time (@80k miles)
Old 02-18-2013, 07:34 AM   #7
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
Same here my plugs have 60k on them
Old 02-18-2013, 09:26 AM   #8
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
When I changed mine the stick plugs had a gap of .098
Old 02-18-2013, 10:53 AM   #9
Crème fraîche.

lol ordered OEM Denso plugs for $3.47 w/ free shipping from Amazon. Here is the link - other sites have them cheaper but charge more in s/h.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 02-23-2013, 07:08 PM   #10
Crème fraîche.

Changed my plugs today, old ones had .063-.065 gap so definitely needed to be replaced. Hope I see the same results
Old 02-24-2013, 12:07 PM   #11
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
I bought OEM plugs on Ebay for less than $20 from http://myworld.ebay.com/1toyotaparts/ . Doesn't look like they have any at the moment, though.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:19 PM   #12
Very Nice !
packfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud of

packfan88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post
I bought OEM plugs on Ebay for less than $20 from http://myworld.ebay.com/1toyotaparts/ . Doesn't look like they have any at the moment, though.

you have the part number for when they are in stock?
Old 02-24-2013, 08:41 PM   #13
rhowell's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScissorMeTimbers View Post
Changed my plugs today, old ones had .063-.065 gap so definitely needed to be replaced. Hope I see the same results
Keep us posted. This tank I am granny driving to see what I get. As soon as it is empty I am going to fill up with premium to see what happens.

Products Discussed in this Thread