Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

I want a 6" lift? Any suggestions??

Old 02-18-2013, 05:44 PM   #41
jacko is just really nicejacko is just really nicejacko is just really nicejacko is just really nicejacko is just really nice

Name: Jack
jacko's Tacoma Gallery
I only got 35's for the poontang
Old 02-18-2013, 05:45 PM   #42
Sje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Boatswains Mate
Name: Sean
Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
33's wouldn't make it
If have to agree. 35's are needed for that.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:45 PM   #43
blake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blake
blake5995's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
33's wouldn't make it
To me it looks like you need 40 inch tires may i intrest you in a SAS?
Old 02-18-2013, 05:48 PM   #44
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
35s shredded that powder nicely. Sorry to de-rail this thread. Yes I'll take an SAS. Absolutely!
Old 02-18-2013, 05:50 PM   #45
blake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Sorry to de-rail this thread. Yes I'll take an SAS. Absolutely!
yea a little far for you to drive down here lol
Old 02-18-2013, 06:30 PM   #47
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Frame work? Not really. Just cut a small section of the body mount. Look up the cab mount chop. It is not very major. Yes it is doable.

There's a few guys running 35s and 3" lift.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:31 PM   #48
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-18-2013, 06:32 PM   #49
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shay
ToyotaKTMracing's Tacoma Gallery
I have 3" with 33s. Not much rubbing for me. Only because I haven't really went offroading with the new tire size yet so I can't say about rubbing offroad. Barely rubbing on flat. Only in reverse when wheel is turned all the way. Go 3-4" with 33s. It looks nice. Or what Jamie did and go with 35s and chop the heck out of your frame.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:33 PM   #50
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
164K miles with my Pro Comp kit and 35's. Not a problem yet besides needing to replace my front struts after said 164K miles...gettin kinda bumpy
Old 02-18-2013, 06:36 PM   #51
BroBraBlahBlah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaKTMracing View Post
I have 3" with 33s. Not much rubbing for me. Only because I haven't really went offroading with the new tire size yet so I can't say about rubbing offroad. Barely rubbing on flat. Only in reverse when wheel is turned all the way. Go 3-4" with 33s. It looks nice. Or what Jamie did and go with 35s and chop the heck out of your frame.

I didnt have to go crazy on my cab mount. and ive never rubbed.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:38 PM   #52
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shay
ToyotaKTMracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I didnt have to go crazy on my cab mount. and ive never rubbed.
True. Some people have went crazy. The set up you have is too nice. OP, if you wanted to do the mount chop and get correctly backspaced wheels and/or wheels spacers and don't mind about mpg much, do what spoonman has done.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:21 PM   #53
3 inch lift with 35s has be done many times. just time and money.
-cab mount chop
-gears front and rear
-new rims with proper back spacing
-new tires
-lift kit
if you are not able to do the work in order to fit 35 it can defiantly become expensive having a shop do it for you. if i were you i would look into it more.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:24 PM   #54
"the soulless ginger"
PAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
PAlittlematty's Tacoma Gallery
Old Man Emu. That is all
Old 02-18-2013, 07:38 PM   #55
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
If you get a 6" lift might as well go SAS.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:04 PM   #56
BroBraBlahBlah

When I sas, I hope to be sitting the same height I'm at now, or lower. Sas doesn't mean height!
Old 02-19-2013, 02:16 AM   #57
Quote:
When I sas, I hope to be sitting the same height I'm at now, or lower. Sas doesn't mean height!
For me it does.... Lol
Old 02-19-2013, 03:05 AM   #58
BORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
BORNWILDGUY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07COMA801 View Post
...Listed 6" so peeps would look and post but i really want a 3"-4" lift and some bigger tires so i have some clearence and durablility, i just was looking for some brands and some info on what too get from people with experience
If you want a 4" go with rcd ,bds , zone (made by bds) both have a 4" lift as well. On the bds and zone you can always upgrade later to make it into a 6" if you decide to go that route but atleast you will have that option unlike sticking with a 3".
Old 02-19-2013, 08:42 AM   #59
TOYOTA.. Because barbie drives a jeep..
07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kris
07COMA801's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORNWILDGUY View Post
If you want a 4" go with rcd ,bds , zone (made by bds) both have a 4" lift as well. On the bds and zone you can always upgrade later to make it into a 6" if you decide to go that route but atleast you will have that option unlike sticking with a 3".
See i like the sound of that i am also looking intoo geting some 35s but well see.