Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

I want a 6" lift? Any suggestions??

Old 02-19-2013, 11:23 AM   #61
TRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TRD 09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORNWILDGUY View Post
If you want a 4" go with rcd ,bds , zone (made by bds) both have a 4" lift as well. On the bds and zone you can always upgrade later to make it into a 6" if you decide to go that route but atleast you will have that option unlike sticking with a 3".
Made by BDS? Where do you get your information, looks the same because the guys that started Zone worked for other lift manufacturers and decided to go out on their own, i might be mistaken but I believe they manufacture there own product, regardless they sell a great product and provide great customer service, I have installed a few of there lifts
Old 02-19-2013, 11:53 AM   #62
fj40taz is on a distinguished road

Name: Carl
fj40taz's Tacoma Gallery
going thru the same exact decision process now..

leaning ore towards the 4" lift..
Old 02-19-2013, 12:20 PM   #63
blake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blake
blake5995's Tacoma Gallery
Correct me if i am wrong but doesnt a 4 inch lift have a drop bracket and new spindles?
sounds like a better idea would be to do a 3 inch suspension and 1 inch body and get away for far cheaper
Old 02-19-2013, 01:29 PM   #64
BORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
BORNWILDGUY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD 09 View Post
Made by BDS? Where do you get your information, looks the same because the guys that started Zone worked for other lift manufacturers and decided to go out on their own, i might be mistaken but I believe they manufacture there own product, regardless they sell a great product and provide great customer service, I have installed a few of there lifts
Yes bds and zone are basically the same lift with only a few minor differences. Zone is owned by bds and yes both are a great product
Old 02-19-2013, 01:35 PM   #65
BORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
BORNWILDGUY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake5995 View Post
Correct me if i am wrong but doesnt a 4 inch lift have a drop bracket and new spindles?
sounds like a better idea would be to do a 3 inch suspension and 1 inch body and get away for far cheaper

Yes a 4" comes with longer spindles to make up the difference in lowering the centersection of the truck down. The advantage is that your tierod angles, cv angles stay within factory specs. With a 3" lift that doesn't happen and that why you see people changing uca's etc. Just depends on what your going to use your truck for. Both have pros and cons but me personally I have never had any problems with any drop bracket lift but then again I also installed them myself
Old 02-19-2013, 01:37 PM   #66
blake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORNWILDGUY View Post
Yes a 4" comes with longer spindles to make up the difference in lowering the centersection of the truck down. The advantage is that your tierod angles, cv angles stay within factory specs. With a 3" lift that doesn't happen and that why you see people changing uca's etc. Just depends on what your going to use your truck for. Both have pros and cons but me personally I have never had any problems with any drop bracket lift but then again I also installed them myself
Yea i have installed many myself the only thing i dont like is you dont gain any clearance so for a mall crawler they are bomb but if you do any serious off roading you are back with the stock guys.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:48 PM   #67
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGrom32 View Post
Ive always had this question. . . .I hate how the tacoma looks like the fenders are so close to the wheel and will rub. . .Whenever I see even stock GMC or Ford they at least have a bunch of clearance. . .Is there a way that I can get that clearance look without shit parts? The 3" doesn't seem like it would give much clearance
are you talking above the tire or in front of and behind?
Old 02-19-2013, 02:28 PM   #68
TRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TRD 09's Tacoma Gallery
The new Chevy/gm has the worst fender clearance of all, too much clearance of top and no where enough front and rear of the tire, the square fender shape make it a horrible truck for larger tires, where the round shape of the super duty will allow 35's with no lift, personally I like the taco fender, it adds to the trucks attitude
Old 02-19-2013, 02:44 PM   #69
3 7 Mafia
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Blacktacoma23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yea i have installed many myself the only thing i dont like is you dont gain any clearance so for a mall crawler they are bomb but if you do any serious off roading you are back with the stock guys.
rightt...
Old 02-19-2013, 02:49 PM   #71
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
old man emu. 3 inch lift.. add 33's for another inch ..
Old 02-19-2013, 03:02 PM   #72
Specalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Specalt's Tacoma Gallery
Don't listen to all the DB kit haters. The truth is you get more clearance with a DB and 35's than any 3 inch lift with 33's. The DB kits are no less durable than any 3 inch lift kit. I have an RCD lift on mine and I am siting at about 5 inches over stock with Old man 886 springs in the front and a set of alcan leafs in the back.

The performance off road there the same. However in the snow and mud the DB acts as a plow.. That's the down side to any DB kit. The upside, my CV angles are way better than on a 3 inch.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:29 PM   #73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Specalt View Post
Don't listen to all the DB kit haters. The truth is you get more clearance with a DB and 35's than any 3 inch lift with 33's. The DB kits are no less durable than any 3 inch lift kit. I have an RCD lift on mine and I am siting at about 5 inches over stock with Old man 886 springs in the front and a set of alcan leafs in the back.

The performance off road there the same. However in the snow and mud the DB acts as a plow.. That's the down side to any DB kit. The upside, my CV angles are way better than on a 3 inch.
But let me ask this do you get more clearance with db and 35's of 3 inch and 35's.
you got to compare apples to apples it is like me saying db with 35's has less clearance than sas with 40's of course it does we talking two different suspensions setup and different tires. you have to keep one variable the same.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:29 PM   #74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktacoma23 View Post
rightt...
Whats the problem?
Old 02-19-2013, 03:35 PM   #75
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07COMA801 View Post
I want CLEARENCE i dont want to have to drop the "under carrage" or anything of that sort..
My opinion is going to be different than others so you will have to decide.
But i would do a 3 inch lift kit with coilovers in the front and a new leaf pack in the rear. put 35 inch tires under there if that is what you want. you will have to regear front and rear. do your cab mount chop and cut all the shit under neath that you will need to cut in order to get the 35 under there. going 4 inch wouldnt change the amount of cutting drastically. many people on here are running 35 with 3 inch so look how they did it. this will give you max clearance with 35's and IFS
Old 02-19-2013, 03:43 PM   #76
TOYOTA.. Because barbie drives a jeep..
07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kris
07COMA801's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My opinion is going to be different than others so you will have to decide.
But i would do a 3 inch lift kit with coilovers in the front and a new leaf pack in the rear. put 35 inch tires under there if that is what you want. you will have to regear front and rear. do your cab mount chop and cut all the shit under neath that you will need to cut in order to get the 35 under there. going 4 inch wouldnt change the amount of cutting drastically. many people on here are running 35 with 3 inch so look how they did it. this will give you max clearance with 35's and IFS

but going 4inch and up your going to have to drop the under carrage and inch or soo?
Old 02-19-2013, 05:35 PM   #77
3 7 Mafia
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
I want CLEARENCE i dont want to have to drop the "under carrage" or anything of that sort..
Sounds like a 3" lift is for you

Quote:
Whats the problem?

But let me ask this do you get more clearance with db and 35's of 3 inch and 35's.

I would say there is a handful of tacos with DB lifts who wheel.

coming from a 3" lift to a DB with the same size tires you will lose a bit of clearance but its worth it to have some downtravel/no stress on cv's/extra room in the wheel wells.
ill get my clarance back with new coils and some larger tires.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:05 PM   #78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktacoma23 View Post
Sounds like a 3" lift is for you

I would say there is a handful of tacos with DB lifts who wheel.

coming from a 3" lift to a DB with the same size tires you will lose a bit of clearance but its worth it to have some downtravel/no stress on cv's/extra room in the wheel wells.
ill get my clarance back with new coils and some larger tires.
I was talking about 6 inch DB lifts. they will have cv angle if not worse than with a 3inch
Old 02-19-2013, 06:06 PM   #79
Quote:
but going 4inch and up your going to have to drop the under carrage and inch or soo?
yes 4 inch and up you will need to have a drop bracket. you can do a 4 inch with one inch body and 3 inch suspension but i dont recommend body lifts
Old 02-19-2013, 06:34 PM   #80
3 7 Mafia
Quote:
yes 4 inch and up you will need to have a drop bracket. you can do a 4 inch with one inch body and 3 inch suspension but i dont recommend body lifts
I agree with this^

Quote:
I was talking about 6 inch DB lifts. they will have cv angle if not worse than with a 3inch
What
Ive had both 3" and now have a 6" lift