Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

WeatherTech Side Window deflectors?

Old 02-08-2009, 01:33 PM   #1
Grover will become famous soon enough

Grover's Tacoma Gallery
WeatherTech Side Window deflectors?

I'm thinking of getting a set of WeatherTech side Window deflectors - anyone have any experience with them?
Old 02-08-2009, 01:45 PM   #2
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Had them on my old durango -- bought them because I was a smoker back then... did the job.. .but I don't know how well they last as I only had them on for 6 months before I got rid of the truck.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:48 PM   #3
Gordon-Gekko is on a distinguished road

Gordon-Gekko's Tacoma Gallery
I've had mine for 11 months and they are still good as new. The mounting edge that gets inserted between the window seal and the window is machined down to about half of its original thickness and fits great. I highly recommend them. Installation takes 5 minutes.

GG
Old 02-08-2009, 01:49 PM   #4
UnderWater Monopoly Champion
TicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: F-15 Crew-Chief
Name: Anastatia Beaverhausen
TicTacOma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TicTacOma
I've had them on all vehicles I've owned and loved them. I had yet to pull the trigger on the Tacoma. There is more needed in life at the moment than these.

It's seems a bit cheaper on WeatherTech's site. The price plus shipping matches other site's prices without shipping. Most have free shipping over $150 so maybe you'll want to do a bit more shopping.

Easy Cheesy to install. On my Yaris they were in before the UPS guy pulled out of the driveway.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:11 PM   #5
Joe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to behold
Joe B's Tacoma Gallery
I've used WT visors and mats for many years.
Great products.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:13 PM   #6
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
have thenon my truck and the wife's great
Old 02-08-2009, 02:16 PM   #7
EnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EnolaGaia's Tacoma Gallery
I've used WeatherTech in-channel window visors on two vehicles (4.75 and 3.5 years in use), and I still recommend them.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:25 PM   #8
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
I'm considering them myself. I hated the way they looked on my Explorer as it was more street oriented but I'm thinking on the Tacoma it will look better. It's too damn hot down here not to have them.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:57 PM   #9
Grover will become famous soon enough

Grover's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Gents!
I'm going to order a set tonight (I've already got a set of the floor mats it's unbelievable how much crap is in them - and not in the rug - this winter).
Old 06-27-2012, 11:19 AM   #10
legion is on a distinguished road

Marines:
Name: Net
legion's Tacoma Gallery
I've heard that the in channel weather tech screws up your tint. Anyone have this issue???
Old 06-27-2012, 11:21 AM   #11
Grundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Grundletaint's Tacoma Gallery
Nope, they install on the outside of the window glass.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:29 AM   #12
canoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to behold

Name: Bill
canoeski's Tacoma Gallery
Love mine on a 2012! (5 months)

I prefer the more clear ones (light smoke tint); I find the darker ones increase your already too big blind spot.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:12 PM   #13
the logical one
fixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
fixer5000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by canoeski View Post
Love mine on a 2012! (5 months)

I prefer the more clear ones (light smoke tint); I find the darker ones increase your already too big blind spot.
this and the wt's are fine
Old 06-27-2012, 12:17 PM   #14
MTLTaco is on a distinguished road
MTLTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I have a set for a double cab still in the plastic. The in channels. I quit smoking so I have no use for them. I would let them go for $50.00. You pay the shipping
Old 07-01-2012, 06:42 PM   #16
JoeyBones is on a distinguished road
Name: Joe
JoeyBones's Tacoma Gallery
I get them for every vehicle, so I'm a customer now for maybe 15 years or so. Love 'em.
Old 07-01-2012, 06:50 PM   #17
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
ROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: EOD Tech
Name: Jake
ROGU3 PR3DATOR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by legion View Post
I've heard that the in channel weather tech screws up your tint. Anyone have this issue???
I had to take my in channels off when I had the tint applied because they caused it to wrinkle as it was being installed. But I left them off for about 24 hours and put them back in. No problems since. Had them for about 4 years now between two Tacomas, and about 9 months with the tint. Highly recommend them.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:33 PM   #19
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
ROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: EOD Tech
Name: Jake
ROGU3 PR3DATOR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick54 View Post
The fronts have been great, however one of the rears is so loose that if I crack the window it will eventually fall out - how do I know?? Had to chase it down once.
3m double sided tape. Solved the same problem on mine. Though I never had to chase one down.