Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Cabin Rattles!!!

Old 02-20-2013, 03:44 PM   #41
victorramse3 is just really nicevictorramse3 is just really nicevictorramse3 is just really nicevictorramse3 is just really nicevictorramse3 is just really nice
Name: Victor
victorramse3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EG555 View Post
I've noticed my weather stripping between the doors rattles. I can hear it squish when I tug on the door while its closed and it just gets louder when I'm driving. At 1,100 miles too.
I have the same issue with my 2013. It barely has 700 miles and the weather stripping on the doors sounds like it shifts while i'm driving. It isn't too loud but I can definitely tell when it happens.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:05 PM   #42
CASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
CASTRATE's Tacoma Gallery
My '12 makes a strange clunk, pop kinda sound sometimes. It happens if I turn the wheels fairly sharp at a stop and then take off.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:58 AM   #43
unstpible is on a distinguished road

Marines: terminal lance
Name: Derek
unstpible's Tacoma Gallery
My 01 dash rattles so I stuffed a racket ball between the windshield and dash. No more rattle
Old 03-13-2013, 11:05 AM   #44
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Alex did you get your rattle fixed?
Old 03-13-2013, 11:16 AM   #45
TeamBlue
alegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
alegav's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to alegav Send a message via Yahoo to alegav
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaltaco65 View Post
Alex did you get your rattle fixed?
No I am going to have to make an appointment and have them look at everything again or just fix it myself
Old 03-13-2013, 11:19 AM   #46
Mapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Mapcinq's Tacoma Gallery
Only noise that bothers me is the passenger seatbelt hitting the plastic.. but I always have my music so loud that I cant hear anything else. Good luck!
Old 03-13-2013, 11:21 AM   #47
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
alex,
I thought my center consol was ratteling as well, but it turned out the be the glove box clasp rubbing on the latch.. if I open my glove box or press on it it stops.. might want to try that.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:22 AM   #48
TROKITA is a glorious beacon of lightTROKITA is a glorious beacon of lightTROKITA is a glorious beacon of lightTROKITA is a glorious beacon of lightTROKITA is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Arty
TROKITA's Tacoma Gallery
ITS A RATTLE SNAKE O_O
Old 03-13-2013, 11:24 AM   #49
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I ask as I have the same issue with my Shifter Bezel, this weekend im going to ad Teflon clip sleeves and see if that helps.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:25 AM   #50
TeamBlue
alegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shed

alegav's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
alex,
I thought my center consol was ratteling as well, but it turned out the be the glove box clasp rubbing on the latch.. if I open my glove box or press on it it stops.. might want to try that.
Ill look into that also

Quote:
I ask as I have the same issue with my Shifter Bezel, this weekend im going to ad Teflon clip sleeves and see if that helps.
oh snap!!! let me know if that works, I'll do the same
Old 03-13-2013, 11:28 AM   #51
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by alegav View Post
Ill look into that also

oh snap!!! let me know if that works, I'll do the same

I made some actually, if it works I'll make a few sets.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:33 AM   #52
veet skeet is a jewel in the roughveet skeet is a jewel in the roughveet skeet is a jewel in the roughveet skeet is a jewel in the rough

veet skeet's Tacoma Gallery
I hear rattling noises all the time when I am driving. I think a lot of it is my tailgate wobbling around, even though it seems as though it's all the way closed, it still seems like it makes sounds and rattles around a lot and IDK how to fix it.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:41 AM   #53
Banned
Alex that bezel pops off, pop it off, take a drive and see if it goes away?
Old 03-13-2013, 11:47 AM   #54
TeamBlue

alegav's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Alex that bezel pops off, pop it off, take a drive and see if it goes away?
I know if I hold the bezel the rattles go away. I have another issue now with the passenger and driver side doors BLEH. Sounds like the weather stripping being squished around. I think now I am just nit picking haha
Old 03-13-2013, 12:27 PM   #55
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by alegav View Post
I know if I hold the bezel the rattles go away. I have another issue now with the passenger and driver side doors BLEH. Sounds like the weather stripping being squished around. I think now I am just nit picking haha

No comment...
Old 03-13-2013, 12:51 PM   #56
sde780 has a brilliant futuresde780 has a brilliant futuresde780 has a brilliant futuresde780 has a brilliant futuresde780 has a brilliant futuresde780 has a brilliant futuresde780 has a brilliant futuresde780 has a brilliant futuresde780 has a brilliant futuresde780 has a brilliant futuresde780 has a brilliant future
sde780's Tacoma Gallery
Have a rattle from the center of the dash as well, door panels/windows rattle on the interstate

Passenger seat shakes really bad at 75mph

6k miles on the truck, been pretty much babied so far
Old 03-13-2013, 12:57 PM   #57
...'cause I...am Shauncho
Shauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Shauncho's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2013 and has some rattles but mostly with lots of bass or going over harsh bumps or some speed bumps. bass rattles mostly come from the front passenger door...seems to be the plastic speaker grill section of the door panel. Placing my hand on it stops the rattle. The other bass rattle comes from what sounds like above the rear window...and mostly only when I listen to Muse - Madness.

The other rattles I get seem to come from the rear seats... I'm just going to go to every piece of plastic and line the edges that meet other hard surfaces with thin weather stripping.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:18 PM   #58
TruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TruckyTruck's Tacoma Gallery
yep, got a 2012. it rattles, vibrates, pings, dings and every other thing you can think of... i will be buying used next time... at least i wont expect it not to rattle.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:26 PM   #59
TeamBlue

alegav's Tacoma Gallery
Kinda disappointing huh....
Old 03-14-2013, 05:40 AM   #60
willee51 is on a distinguished road

Navy: 2nd Class PO
willee51's Tacoma Gallery
Angry Me too.................

rattle somewhere either in the driver of rear driver side door. Cannot locate it, no matter how hard I try! It's a random clunk sound