LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Cabin Rattles!!!

Old 03-15-2013, 09:54 AM   #81
"I'd Rather Live, Than Live Forever"
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
I have the rattle in the seat as well.. just as you desribed. It does it when accelerating and stopping. I've fixed 90% of the other rattles in and on the truck between rtv,lithium grease, and ensolite foam. The seat one is still there and annoying I can't get to it.. I think I may know what it is.. when I removed the bwck plastic from behind the rear seats.. I noticed these little metal clip rings that hold the seat material to the seat frame. They were all loose and made a rattle noise so I clamped them tighter and added some silicone around them for cushion. I imagine the front seats have these as well. Mine makes the Boise when going and stopping as well as when I push my back into the seat. Its definitely inside the seat though
Old 03-15-2013, 10:27 AM   #82
...'cause I...am Shauncho
Shauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Shauncho's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose1988 View Post
I have the rattle in the seat as well.. just as you desribed. It does it when accelerating and stopping. I've fixed 90% of the other rattles in and on the truck between rtv,lithium grease, and ensolite foam. The seat one is still there and annoying I can't get to it.. I think I may know what it is.. when I removed the bwck plastic from behind the rear seats.. I noticed these little metal clip rings that hold the seat material to the seat frame. They were all loose and made a rattle noise so I clamped them tighter and added some silicone around them for cushion. I imagine the front seats have these as well. Mine makes the Boise when going and stopping as well as when I push my back into the seat. Its definitely inside the seat though
mine's not a rattler, per se...it's more of a single click. like when the truck starts to move, it swings back and hits a stopping point and clicks when it hits, then when I stop it swings forward and hits and clicks once...like the way some of the old seatbelt locks work with the pendulum.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:17 PM   #83
bucktales has a spectacular aura aboutbucktales has a spectacular aura about

bucktales's Tacoma Gallery
My '12 Access Cab has the passenger side access door squeaking going on.

Only happens when truck is sitting in the sun, and only squeaks for about the first half mile driven, then stops.
Checked everything. Sounds like rubber against plastic or metal. Haven't nailed it down yet.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:20 PM   #84
Six lugs of fury!
Performula is on a distinguished road
Name: Justinian the Gr3iht
Performula's Tacoma Gallery
Let the OCD go guys. I do the same thing, enjoy your trucks, if you bought something else you'd find flaws with that as well. I can find flaws with anything and I'll bet anyone I can find a manufacturing imperfection on a Bugatti.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:21 PM   #85
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. C
Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucktales View Post
My '12 Access Cab has the passenger side access door squeaking going on.

Only happens when truck is sitting in the sun, and only squeaks for about the first half mile driven, then stops.
Checked everything. Sounds like rubber against plastic or metal. Haven't nailed it down yet.
I've been bitching about this to the dealer since the day I got my truck. I've had it in 5 times for the same squeak. Never once did they make it better, only worse buy adjusting the striker in too much. I've tried EVERYTHING to fix this. To prove it to them, I finally ripped the rubber trim off my Mom's 05 and put it on mine, no squeak.. Then put mine back on, squeak. They still said 'its the door striker" as being the problem.

Needless to say, I didn't buy that crap and raised hell with Toyota Corp.

Due to this they are flying a Toyota tech from their HQ to look at this issue since I won't give up on it. I take my truck in Tuesday. I've subbed this form and I'll post what the say.

I do highly suggest using Raamat or some sound deadening material to reduce the rattles. I used insolite from Raamaudio to wrap around all my cables, and followed his directions to the 'T'. My truck is very, very quiet now other than that damn squeak and the head rest rattles. Other than that, no rattles at all. It's a lot of work, took about 20-25hrs to finish the truck but worth it if you like a quiet truck.

Some Pics:

Old 03-15-2013, 12:22 PM   #86
Space For Rent
Bloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: EN3 (SW/AW) 94-98
Name: Greg
Bloodhound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
I've been bitching about this to the dealer since the day I got my truck. I've had it in 5 times for the same squeak. Never once did they make it better, only worse buy adjusting the striker in too much. I've tried EVERYTHING to fix this. To prove it to them, I finally ripped the rubber trim off my Mom's 05 and put it on mine, no squeak.. Then put mine back on, squeak. They still said 'its the door striker" as being the problem.

Needless to say, I didn't buy that crap and raised hell with Toyota Corp.

Due to this they are flying a Toyota tech from their HQ to look at this issue since I won't give up on it. I take my truck in Tuesday. I've subbed this form and I'll post what the say.

Lube the door seal with silicone.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:28 PM   #87
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodhound View Post
Lube the door seal with silicone.
Did that, worked for about 1 day maybe 2. Dried up in the hot Az weather.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:34 PM   #88
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Did that, worked for about 1 day maybe 2. Dried up in the hot Az weather.
I use Aerospace 303 protectant
Old 03-15-2013, 12:49 PM   #89
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Thanks I'll give it a shot. Tried a few things, stuff helps for short period of time. It's way worse in the winter than the summer, but still happens year round.

Either way, it shouldn't be making this noise. My moms 05, never did bought new. Dad's 08 never did, bought it new. My 2011, does.. Loaner 2012 I had, did it as well. Moose1988's 08(maybe 09) doesn't make that noise either.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:59 PM   #90
bucktales has a spectacular aura aboutbucktales has a spectacular aura about

bucktales's Tacoma Gallery
I'll try that.
Funny thing, like I said, it only squeaks after the cabin heats up in the sun while I'm at work and goes away after a half mile or so. Like the trim and weather stripping "find themselves" after a few bumps.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:30 PM   #91
"I'd Rather Live, Than Live Forever"
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shauncho View Post
mine's not a rattler, per se...it's more of a single click. like when the truck starts to move, it swings back and hits a stopping point and clicks when it hits, then when I stop it swings forward and hits and clicks once...like the way some of the old seatbelt locks work with the pendulum.
Yeah. Thats what I mean. Trust me I know what your talking about.. it droves me crazy too. Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
This is what I use too. Great stuff.

Quote:
Thanks I'll give it a shot. Tried a few things, stuff helps for short period of time. It's way worse in the winter than the summer, but still happens year round.

Either way, it shouldn't be making this noise. My moms 05, never did bought new. Dad's 08 never did, bought it new. My 2011, does.. Loaner 2012 I had, did it as well. Moose1988's 08(maybe 09) doesn't make that noise either.
It works good man. I have a couple bottles Colby. Its what I use when I clean my truck. I get it from the marine shop on mcClintock and baseline I think it is.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:27 PM   #92
sde780 has a brilliant futuresde780 has a brilliant futuresde780 has a brilliant futuresde780 has a brilliant futuresde780 has a brilliant futuresde780 has a brilliant futuresde780 has a brilliant futuresde780 has a brilliant futuresde780 has a brilliant futuresde780 has a brilliant futuresde780 has a brilliant future
sde780's Tacoma Gallery
My driver side headrest started rattling after reading this thread
Old 03-16-2013, 09:06 AM   #93
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sde780 View Post
My driver side headrest started rattling after reading this thread
Lol!