Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Floor mat trouble:

Old 02-19-2013, 02:48 PM   #1
2goldenz is on a distinguished road
Name: jrs
2goldenz's Tacoma Gallery
Angry Floor mat trouble:

Just received my third set of weather tech mats for a 2013 DC, driver side fits good, rear mat fits good, but the passenger side will not line up. When the twist posts are in the holes the mat rides up on the plastic scuff plate about 1/2 inch.Not good! When the posts are not lined up the mat will lay along side the scuff plate like they should. The reps at Weather Tech say these are the right ones even though the part # on the mats are different than on the P/O . The posts in the truck measure the same on both sides from the scuff plate. The holes measure 1/2 off on the passenger mat. 3 sets the same problem. They now want pictures, oh well. Anybody else have any issues with the passenger mat?
Old 02-19-2013, 02:50 PM   #2
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
yup.. i just lived with it.. I had the same problem.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:30 PM   #3
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
it's a carpet adjustment issue.

the older hold downs moved side to side and allowed for any misalignment between weathertechs and carpet.

new hold downs are fixed to the carpet.

I had a slight issue and fixed it by loosening the seat bolts and adjusting the carpet.

but...it's all moot for me at theis point, as I sold my weathertechs and replaced them with factory rubber mats. I did not much like the plastic feel of the weathertechs under foot. my 2010 weathertechs seemed to have more of a rubbber, not plastic feel. (they also were tan not black...not sure if there is any differance...or weathertech changed their materials??)
Old 02-22-2013, 04:08 AM   #4
2goldenz is on a distinguished road
Name: jrs
2goldenz's Tacoma Gallery
The techs at Weather Tech admitted that there is a problem with fitting. they offered me a $20 rebate but I told them to keep it I would make them work. I used a heat gun to reshape the passenger side for a passing grade fit. I tried 3 sets all with the same issue. The drivers side is the most important for me anyway since it is a work truck.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:33 AM   #5
AstroReutz is on a distinguished road
AstroReutz's Tacoma Gallery
I'm waiting for my 2013 DC to come in and was planning on ordering Weather Techs before I saw this thread...did the techs say that the issue would be fixed, or are they just saying "deal with it", here's a discount?
Old 02-22-2013, 10:57 AM   #6
hutch96r is on a distinguished road
Army: NCO
Name: Chris
hutch96r's Tacoma Gallery
I just got mine in last week ish. I had no issues what so ever. Did the digi style mats along with the full back floor mat.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:04 AM   #7
dtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant future

Name: Darrell
dtopgun515's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroReutz View Post
I'm waiting for my 2013 DC to come in and was planning on ordering Weather Techs before I saw this thread...did the techs say that the issue would be fixed, or are they just saying "deal with it", here's a discount?
Order these http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...ta-tacoma.html from Steve. I've got them in my truck $130 bucks shipped and I don't have any complaints. I can probably take some pictures of them in my truck if you need them but they are just like the weather techs but obviously cost less money. Got mine in two days when I ordered them.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:12 AM   #8
TAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
TAOScott's Tacoma Gallery
See post #15 Weathertech