Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Leaning twards 3" lift and 33 tires input anyone?

Old 02-20-2013, 05:28 PM   #21
DR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to behold

DR Da_da's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
old man emu and 285/75/16 (33) tires. rides better than stock onroad, rides better than stock offroad. (at least for what I do.. cascade mountain trails with lots of rocks and going slow)
Great looking truck! Perfect lift height/tire size combo w/out being overkill. I also love how everything else looks relatively close to stock (I like the "sleeper" look - keeping it looking factory, yet enhancing things through good mods).

Did you have to run wheel spacers or do some trimming/cutting/cab mount chop to fit the tires? Did that size tire kill your MPG? Lastly, what tire are you running and do you like it?
Old 02-20-2013, 05:42 PM   #22
Snjd is on a distinguished road
Snjd's Tacoma Gallery
I am also interested in the OME lift and tire setup. Are those tires on stock rims? Truck looks great. Have a recommended place to get the work done in the Bellevue area?
Old 02-20-2013, 05:44 PM   #23
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR Da_da View Post
Great looking truck! Perfect lift height/tire size combo w/out being overkill. I also love how everything else looks relatively close to stock (I like the "sleeper" look - keeping it looking factory, yet enhancing things through good mods).

Did you have to run wheel spacers or do some trimming/cutting/cab mount chop to fit the tires? Did that size tire kill your MPG? Lastly, what tire are you running and do you like it?
I am rubbin a little at full lock on the uca. So i got some spidertracs in the mail today. It seems that will solve that issue. No cutting at all, just had to take the mudflap off the front including the little ones in front of the front tire. Running the duratrac and love it, although it does hum some. Bfg at ko were my 2nd choice, and they are a little quieter.. However these tires are great. No noticable mpg or power loss.. I commute over 50 mi a day. But i dont really keep tabs on mpg's.. But nothing out of the ordinary.
Thanks for the compliments!
Old 02-20-2013, 05:46 PM   #24
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snjd View Post
I am also interested in the OME lift and tire setup. Are those tires on stock rims? Truck looks great. Have a recommended place to get the work done in the Bellevue area?
Yes, stock rims. Michaels Toyota installed and ordered the lift.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:49 PM   #25
dlooney has a spectacular aura aboutdlooney has a spectacular aura about

Name: Dennis
dlooney's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
Explaining why a nice, tuned long travel set up is better is like describing getting laid to a virgin. Sure, rubbing one out to your mom's Home and Garden magazine might get you there, but the real deal is so much better. It's smooth and soft, firm yet supple, with legs that can go all day. The best advice I can give you is to go for a ride man, sure it might cost you a little more coin over coil spacers, but brother is it ever worth it. I always laugh when I hear guys who don't own one and have never rode in one say it's not worth it if you aren't running the Baja 1000. I drive mine to work every day, take my lady to dinner friday night in it, and beat on it all weekend. I've got over 50,000 miles on this LT setup. I'd drive it to the tip of South America tomorrow.
I love this response but you gotta admit, full LT is simply not a cost effective way to go about adding 3 inches and some bigger tires to a truck. That said, your truck is sexy, and if I wasn't so busy being an unemployed student, I'd probably join ya
Old 02-20-2013, 05:52 PM   #26
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
All this time here I thought my lift was good enough to gain some height for looks and the occasional light trail. Stupid me for not selling my boat and a few other toys so I could go full on LT.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:14 PM   #27
Fluffer
username is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: bullet sponge
username's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
All this time here I thought my lift was good enough to gain some height for looks and the occasional light trail. Stupid me for not selling my boat and a few other toys so I could go full on LT.
Hey man, no need to get bitter about it. I'm not rich. I built this truck on enlisted Army pay. I scrounged the forums for every single part, I entered All-Pro's give-a-way and won a set of baja leaves. I built the roll cage and bumpers with a battery powered readywelder I bought off ebay that was broken. I sacrificed a lot. I didn't blow money at bars and strip clubs like the rest of the guys in my unit, I spent nights and weekends listening to the sizzle of the welder and sucked grinder dust. I built it entirely outdoors in the snow and wind and rain and sun and dust over the course of SEVEN years. I don't have a lot of money into it, but I do have a lot of time into it. No mechanic or offroad shop has ever touched it. Where there is a will, there is a way. I'm telling you, and every other LT guy will tell you, that it is worth every hard earned penny and will transform your average taco into a machine capable of some amazing feats of offroad nirvana, and it will still get you to work on monday.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:43 PM   #28
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'm not bitter. I'm merely pointing out for the occasional trail and mostly highway driving and occasional boat towing my truck does there is zero point to going long travel and doing cages and all that jazz. I would make no use of that setup. I don't need a truck capable of off road nirvana lol. And neither do a lot of other people. For me my truck isn't a long term project. I wanted a couple inches of lift for appearance purposes and I'm more than happy with my truck as it sits and I'm pretty much done throwing money at it. Roll cages and LT and bumpers at this point would be for solely the sake of 'because I can" and not because it would actually get used.

I respect the hard work and time you LT guys have in your trucks, just not the direction I've ever wanted to go.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:49 PM   #29
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Explaining why a nice, tuned long travel set up is better is like describing getting laid to a virgin. Sure, rubbing one out to your mom's Home and Garden magazine might get you there, but the real deal is so much better. It's smooth and soft, firm yet supple, with legs that can go all day. The best advice I can give you is to go for a ride man, sure it might cost you a little more coin over coil spacers, but brother is it ever worth it. I always laugh when I hear guys who don't own one and have never rode in one say it's not worth it if you aren't running the Baja 1000. I drive mine to work every day, take my lady to dinner friday night in it, and beat on it all weekend. I've got over 50,000 miles on this LT setup. I'd drive it to the tip of South America tomorrow.
Quote:
Hey man, no need to get bitter about it. I'm not rich. I built this truck on enlisted Army pay. I scrounged the forums for every single part, I entered All-Pro's give-a-way and won a set of baja leaves. I built the roll cage and bumpers with a battery powered readywelder I bought off ebay that was broken. I sacrificed a lot. I didn't blow money at bars and strip clubs like the rest of the guys in my unit, I spent nights and weekends listening to the sizzle of the welder and sucked grinder dust. I built it entirely outdoors in the snow and wind and rain and sun and dust over the course of SEVEN years. I don't have a lot of money into it, but I do have a lot of time into it. No mechanic or offroad shop has ever touched it. Where there is a will, there is a way. I'm telling you, and every other LT guy will tell you, that it is worth every hard earned penny and will transform your average taco into a machine capable of some amazing feats of offroad nirvana, and it will still get you to work on monday.
i guess i get what youre saying... but if you love it so much, why do you have a 60k dollar DD, and why were you looking to sell that truck not too long ago?
Old 02-20-2013, 07:54 PM   #30
Kenny Fuckin Powers

Also, neutral repper whomever you are, you forgot the "a" on the end of vagina.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:05 PM   #31
Fluffer
username is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
Also, neutral repper whomever you are, you forgot the "a" on the end of vagina.
That was me, it was a borat quote lol.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:08 PM   #32
Kenny Fuckin Powers

That makes more sense then haha
Old 02-20-2013, 08:10 PM   #33
Fluffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
i guess i get what youre saying... but if you love it so much, why do you have a 60k dollar DD, and why were you looking to sell that truck not too long ago?
I want to build another one, but take all the stuff I learned from building this one and make something even better. I think I can build a go fast solid axle 4runner with bomb proof components and the ability to do more long range expedition type stuff. I have been around the world in this one, but by the time you load up two people a dog and gear it just doesn't have the room. I have made some mods to my gear since it was for sale to make it more expo friendly, and it works for what I do, but I wish I would have got one with four doors. Eh, single guys have zero foresight. lol
Old 02-20-2013, 08:26 PM   #34
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I want to build another one, but take all the stuff I learned from building this one and make something even better. I think I can build a go fast solid axle 4runner with bomb proof components and the ability to do more long range expedition type stuff. I have been around the world in this one, but by the time you load up two people a dog and gear it just doesn't have the room. I have made some mods to my gear since it was for sale to make it more expo friendly, and it works for what I do, but I wish I would have got one with four doors. Eh, single guys have zero foresight. lol
Ha, ain't that the truth..