1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Leaning twards 3" lift and 33 tires input anyone?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by WTFaulkner, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Feb 20, 2013 at 5:42 PM
    Snjd

Snjd Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC
    I am also interested in the OME lift and tire setup. Are those tires on stock rims? Truck looks great. Have a recommended place to get the work done in the Bellevue area?

2. Feb 20, 2013 at 5:49 PM
    dlooney

dlooney Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Wilmington NC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport PreRunner
    Satoshi w/ hella 500s mounted behind, 20% tint, 6K HID retro headlights, 4300k HID fog lights, DTRLs, plastidipped front valence, cb mount
    :D:D:D I love this response but you gotta admit, full LT is simply not a cost effective way to go about adding 3 inches and some bigger tires to a truck. That said, your truck is sexy, and if I wasn't so busy being an unemployed student, I'd probably join ya :D

3. Feb 20, 2013 at 5:52 PM
    jtav2002

jtav2002 Kenny Fuckin Powers

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reading, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DBL Cab TRD OR
    All this time here I thought my lift was good enough to gain some height for looks and the occasional light trail. Stupid me for not selling my boat and a few other toys so I could go full on LT. :rolleyes:

4. Feb 20, 2013 at 7:14 PM
    username

username Fluffer

Member:
    Pendleton, Or
    Vehicle:
    05 Taco with some crap welded to it
    mostly stock
    Hey man, no need to get bitter about it. I'm not rich. I built this truck on enlisted Army pay. I scrounged the forums for every single part, I entered All-Pro's give-a-way and won a set of baja leaves. I built the roll cage and bumpers with a battery powered readywelder I bought off ebay that was broken. I sacrificed a lot. I didn't blow money at bars and strip clubs like the rest of the guys in my unit, I spent nights and weekends listening to the sizzle of the welder and sucked grinder dust. I built it entirely outdoors in the snow and wind and rain and sun and dust over the course of SEVEN years. I don't have a lot of money into it, but I do have a lot of time into it. No mechanic or offroad shop has ever touched it. Where there is a will, there is a way. I'm telling you, and every other LT guy will tell you, that it is worth every hard earned penny and will transform your average taco into a machine capable of some amazing feats of offroad nirvana, and it will still get you to work on monday.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  5. Feb 20, 2013 at 7:43 PM
    jtav2002

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reading, PA
    Vehicle:
    I'm not bitter. I'm merely pointing out for the occasional trail and mostly highway driving and occasional boat towing my truck does there is zero point to going long travel and doing cages and all that jazz. I would make no use of that setup. I don't need a truck capable of off road nirvana lol. And neither do a lot of other people. For me my truck isn't a long term project. I wanted a couple inches of lift for appearance purposes and I'm more than happy with my truck as it sits and I'm pretty much done throwing money at it. Roll cages and LT and bumpers at this point would be for solely the sake of 'because I can" and not because it would actually get used.

I respect the hard work and time you LT guys have in your trucks, just not the direction I've ever wanted to go.

6. Feb 20, 2013 at 7:49 PM
    650H1

650H1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2020 (Cement) TRD O/R
    i guess i get what youre saying... but if you love it so much, why do you have a 60k dollar DD, and why were you looking to sell that truck not too long ago? :notsure:

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  7. Feb 20, 2013 at 7:54 PM
    jtav2002

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reading, PA
    Vehicle:
    Also, neutral repper whomever you are, you forgot the "a" on the end of vagina.

8. Feb 20, 2013 at 8:05 PM
    username

username Fluffer

Member:
    Pendleton, Or
    Vehicle:
    mostly stock
    That was me, it was a borat quote lol.

9. Feb 20, 2013 at 8:08 PM
    jtav2002

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reading, PA
    Vehicle:
    That makes more sense then haha

10. Feb 20, 2013 at 8:10 PM
    username

username Fluffer

Member:
    Pendleton, Or
    Vehicle:
    mostly stock
    I want to build another one, but take all the stuff I learned from building this one and make something even better. I think I can build a go fast solid axle 4runner with bomb proof components and the ability to do more long range expedition type stuff. I have been around the world in this one, but by the time you load up two people a dog and gear it just doesn't have the room. I have made some mods to my gear since it was for sale to make it more expo friendly, and it works for what I do, but I wish I would have got one with four doors. Eh, single guys have zero foresight. lol

11. Feb 20, 2013 at 8:26 PM
    650H1

650H1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2020 (Cement) TRD O/R
    Ha, ain't that the truth..

Products Discussed in

To Top