Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Leaning twards 3" lift and 33 tires input anyone?

Old 02-19-2013, 05:21 PM   #1
TOYOTA.. Because barbie drives a jeep..
07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kris
07COMA801's Tacoma Gallery
Question Leaning twards 3" lift and 33 tires input anyone?

So it looks like im leaning twards 3" lift and 33 tires
Any input peeps?
i want it too have alot of clearence, very durrable (Off road worthy), I do not want to drop my "under carrage" or what ever you wanna call it, And too look very mean ofcourse... lol.
Again i just wanna ask you peeps with experience

Thanks guys!
Old 02-19-2013, 05:22 PM   #2
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
price range?
Old 02-19-2013, 05:27 PM   #4
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

If you want to really off road go with a mid travel setup.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...bs-thread.html

check that thread out, very informative
Old 02-19-2013, 05:27 PM   #5
Taco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant future
Name: JohnnyHildo
Taco Libre's Tacoma Gallery
there are a ton of guys around here that have done exactly what your looking into. sometimes it isn't as cut and dry as just slapping big rubber under a lift and having the exact same quality of ride or maintaining the rub-free turning or acceleration you have now.
i spent quite a while learning before i settled on the 5100's set at 1.75 which i am completely happy with. never hurts to poke around the suspension section on the site.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:28 PM   #6
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...udes-pics.html

take a look at this OP

and take a look around the site. there's tons of info here, and you can really see the variety of parts by looking at people's builds
Old 02-19-2013, 08:21 PM   #8
Ggriffin4 is on a distinguished road
Name: graham
Ggriffin4's Tacoma Gallery
i have a 2nd gen extended cab with 3in lift on 33s. Heres a pic to see if you like it. i scrub a little with 0 offset with 11.50 wide
Old 02-19-2013, 08:39 PM   #9
Ggriffin4 is on a distinguished road
Name: graham
Ggriffin4's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-19-2013, 08:55 PM   #10
Fluffer
username is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: bullet sponge
username's Tacoma Gallery
I vote for long travel. I wasted money on coilovers and UCA's and deaver 10 packs when I should have been saving for LT.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:27 AM   #11
TOYOTA.. Because barbie drives a jeep..
07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kris
07COMA801's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
I vote for long travel. I wasted money on coilovers and UCA's and deaver 10 packs when I should have been saving for LT.
Can someone explane why LT are better?
and explane more in detail what they are lol..
sorry im a noob when it comes too lifts or suspention
Old 02-20-2013, 08:30 AM   #12

Unless you have $10,000 laying around and plan on dez mobbin you don't need long travel lol. But check the long travel threads and read the sticky "thinking of going LT, read here first"
Old 02-20-2013, 08:33 AM   #13
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Going LT is very expensive and for a very specific purpose. If you're not going to be using it for what its intended purpose is it would be over kill to say the least.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:35 AM   #14
doing my thing.
kcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to behold

Firefighter: Hotshot
Name: Marco
kcbmx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
x2
Old 02-20-2013, 08:39 AM   #15
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I really do disagree with this. I'm glad you like your long travel set up.

But long travel is a very expensive limited purpose setup built for a specific use: high speed desert running, whoops, and jumping. If you don't do that - no need for the money and expense. If you DO do that you pretty much need to LT a secondary rig and keep a primary rig as your DD because of the fair to high chance that you'll break it on Sunday and still need to get to work on Monday.

And most folks discover that's what they're going to be into by going out there again and again with a less built rig.

Here's the basic TacomaWorld lift info sticky: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...uide-read.html

Basically, in addition to deciding how much you wanna spend, you also wanna decide how you're gonna use your truck.

My personal overriding guiding principal was: "daily driver that I also sometimes take on some pretty tough mountain trails."

Hope this helps.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:41 AM   #16
Bro do you even 'Merica?
jdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
jdk52's Tacoma Gallery
signature pic 3in OME/ AAL, and duratracs
Old 02-20-2013, 09:29 AM   #17
veet skeet is a jewel in the roughveet skeet is a jewel in the roughveet skeet is a jewel in the roughveet skeet is a jewel in the rough

veet skeet's Tacoma Gallery
Many members on here run 3' lifts through spacers, coilovers, Bilstein 5100 adjustable struts, there are a lot of options out there. 33' tires IMO are the perfect tire size for a 3' lift. May require a cab mount chop and some plastic cutting, but that's nothing major.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:44 AM   #18
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
old man emu and 285/75/16 (33) tires. rides better than stock onroad, rides better than stock offroad. (at least for what I do.. cascade mountain trails with lots of rocks and going slow)

Untitled by beavis0076, on Flickr
Old 02-20-2013, 10:46 AM   #19
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Girdwood Fire Department
Name: Anna
chipnoreo's Tacoma Gallery
I have revtec spacers in front and an AAL in the back. I have 295/70/17 tires on it and it rubs at full lock.

The ride on the pavement is actually pretty nice. It sees off road use only occasionally and for the most of the trails around here it is fine. No desert jumping or rock crawling for me.

Unfortunately, I bought my truck with the lift already on it so it is not necessarily my first choice. That said, I am going to leave this set up on for a few more years until the shocks start to wear out. After doing some extensive research, I will probably be replacing it with an OME set up. Seems to be the option with the most pros and the fewest cons.

My truck looks super mean. But maybe that's because it's dark and scary looking
Old 02-20-2013, 04:34 PM   #20
Fluffer
username is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: bullet sponge
username's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07COMA801 View Post
Can someone explane why LT are better?
and explane more in detail what they are lol..
sorry im a noob when it comes too lifts or suspention
Explaining why a nice, tuned long travel set up is better is like describing getting laid to a virgin. Sure, rubbing one out to your mom's Home and Garden magazine might get you there, but the real deal is so much better. It's smooth and soft, firm yet supple, with legs that can go all day. The best advice I can give you is to go for a ride man, sure it might cost you a little more coin over coil spacers, but brother is it ever worth it. I always laugh when I hear guys who don't own one and have never rode in one say it's not worth it if you aren't running the Baja 1000. I drive mine to work every day, take my lady to dinner friday night in it, and beat on it all weekend. I've got over 50,000 miles on this LT setup. I'd drive it to the tip of South America tomorrow.