Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tacoma's Are Beautiful!

Old 02-19-2013, 10:13 PM   #1
DannyTacoma4x4 is on a distinguished road

Name: Danny
DannyTacoma4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma's Are Beautiful!

The other day I was picking up my girlfriend at the dealership because her tire had several nails in it and was being plugged. During that time, I was offered a 2008 BMW 2 door coup 135 Twin Turbo 1 series. It was pushing 12lbs of boost and couldn't even fathom the Dyno sheets. A close friend of mine was the previous owner, and I watched him build the car, and spare no expense. They wanted an exchange for the truck to the BMW, and my payments would have stayed the same. After test driving the car, I realized how fast it was, and was interested. They offered me $32,000.00 for a truck that I payed less than $29,000... After a long and thoughtful process, I looked at my truck and said no. I love my Tacoma too much, and enjoy the beauty of it more. I turned the offer down not only because my truck was worth more financially, but because it was worth more to me personally. I have done some custom work to my truck, and it makes me respect it that much more, and ontop of that, I have so much more fun in my truck. So, I present a few pictures of my truck along with my motorcycle... Please post your beautiful Tacomas!

Old 02-19-2013, 10:45 PM   #2
Old Newbie
Chad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Chad7088's Tacoma Gallery
I like those DC wheels. I've contemplated those and at times wish I would have went with them.

Nice looking truck!
Old 02-19-2013, 10:50 PM   #3
VA6DCO
IgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
IgnorantlyAlberta's Tacoma Gallery
Nice

Good choice. I hate bmw's. Had to do work on a few, hate em.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:11 AM   #4
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Hardscrabble's Tacoma Gallery
You made the right choice Danny. Nice truck.

The bike looks unique. Your personal build?
Old 02-20-2013, 12:18 AM   #5
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
You have learned much Grasshoppa!
Old 02-20-2013, 12:39 AM   #6
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
lmao........ good call man.

shes a bute
Old 02-20-2013, 12:53 AM   #7
Xer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of light

Army: veterans affairs
Xer0 SiN's Tacoma Gallery
tacoma...but more so, toyota trucks (tacoma, tundra, 4runner, land cruiser) in general hold their value really well. you made a sound decision.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:59 AM   #8
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
You made the right choice to keep your Taco, I guy I work with just got rid of a 2007 3 series BMW he had a lot of problems with it.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:19 AM   #9
dtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant future

Name: Darrell
dtopgun515's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet ride! Shout out from Savannah. MGM FTW!
Old 02-20-2013, 06:20 AM   #10
Throbbing Member
B737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
B737's Tacoma Gallery
Really?
I would hardly call our pickup trucks automotive masterpieces. They are pickup trucks....
Not exactly going to sip a glass of wine w it in the garage or gaze longingly at it after I dump it off in its parking spot.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:32 AM   #11
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by B737 View Post
Really?
I would hardly call our pickup trucks automotive masterpieces. They are pickup trucks....
Not exactly going to sip a glass of wine w it in the garage or gaze longingly at it after I dump it off in its parking spot.
Yea really. Although the 1 series BMW looks goofy to me too so in this instance a Taco might be beautiful.

In other news I would consider trading my truck in (not on a BMW but on another truck) if someone offered me $32k for mine lol.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:37 AM   #12
Bazinga
ckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Really?
yeah, gotta realize this is a place where most people on here absolutely love their truck.
given some are here just to get info not really for the love of it. but most love it and that makes perfect sense to me.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:35 AM   #13
2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
2011TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
Got mine stuck back in December

Friend with a GMC came and pulled me out, glad he got there in time because 2 Jeeps showed up and the humiliation of being pulled out by a Jeep would suck haha.

Camping over labor day weekend last year.

Heavy wet snow from last spring.

And lastly, my personal favorite, just love the colors in this shot!
Old 02-20-2013, 11:32 AM   #14
Throbbing Member
B737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

B737's Tacoma Gallery
... also...
your truck is going to depreciate just as much as the BMW, its not a collectors piece, in the end they are just piles of metal.

i think you should have gotten the 1 series, they come with a free Coach handbag.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:37 AM   #15
T Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T Fades's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma's hold their value MUCH better than BMW's do.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:39 AM   #16
Throbbing Member

B737's Tacoma Gallery
apples and oranges my friend...

you're stating your opinion as a fact....
Old 02-20-2013, 12:06 PM   #17
DannyTacoma4x4 is on a distinguished road

Name: Danny
DannyTacoma4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardscrabble View Post
You made the right choice Danny. Nice truck.

The bike looks unique. Your personal build?
Actually yes. I bought the bike, stock, for 300.00 and dumped maybe that much into it. Just sold it to a good friend of mine, and I intend to buy another bike with the money from bobber.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:07 PM   #18
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyTacoma4x4 View Post
The other day I was picking up my girlfriend at the dealership because her tire had several nails in it and was being plugged. During that time, I was offered a 2008 BMW 2 door coup 135 Twin Turbo 1 series. It was pushing 12lbs of boost and couldn't even fathom the Dyno sheets. A close friend of mine was the previous owner, and I watched him build the car, and spare no expense. They wanted an exchange for the truck to the BMW, and my payments would have stayed the same. After test driving the car, I realized how fast it was, and was interested. They offered me $32,000.00 for a truck that I payed less than $29,000... After a long and thoughtful process, I looked at my truck and said no. I love my Tacoma too much, and enjoy the beauty of it more. I turned the offer down not only because my truck was worth more financially, but because it was worth more to me personally. I have done some custom work to my truck, and it makes me respect it that much more, and ontop of that, I have so much more fun in my truck. So, I present a few pictures of my truck along with my motorcycle... Please post your beautiful Tacomas!

great choice and nice ride!!
Old 02-20-2013, 12:17 PM   #19
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Girdwood Fire Department
Name: Anna
chipnoreo's Tacoma Gallery
dude. Tacomas are sexy
Old 02-20-2013, 12:19 PM   #20
T Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T Fades's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
apples and oranges my friend...

you're stating your opinion as a fact....
It IS a fact.

You can get a 5 year old BMW with 100k miles for cheaper than you can a 5 year old Tacoma DCLB with same mileage. We all know the BMW cost more new, so therefore the Tacoma holds it's value better, hence the Tacoma depreciates less.