Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What is missing here?

Old 02-20-2013, 06:51 AM   #1
SCConstable is on a distinguished road

SCConstable's Tacoma Gallery
What is missing here?

My "new to me" 2010 DCSB 4x4 TRD off road has a bracket on the passenger side fender well under the hood with nothing attached to it. Any ideas what is missing here?
Attached Thumbnails
What is missing here?-image.jpg  
Old 02-20-2013, 07:01 AM   #2
boxxed is on a distinguished road
boxxed's Tacoma Gallery
Flux capacitor is missing
Old 02-20-2013, 07:07 AM   #3
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxxed View Post
Flux capacitor is missing
Wrong, actually what he is looking at is the back side of the bracket. The flux capacitor is mounted on the underside of the wheel well, this is the bracket that holds it there.

Everything is perfect working order, including the flux capacitor.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:27 AM   #4
Sconnie
mudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
mudthedoor's Tacoma Gallery
I think it is something for the abs? Not sure though, I know I have a aluminum block with a bunch of steel lines running out of it there.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:36 AM   #5
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCConstable View Post
My "new to me" 2010 DCSB 4x4TRD has a bracket on the passenger side fender well under the hood with nothing attached to it. Any ideas what is missing here?
TRD what?

maybe its something offroad or sport specific
Old 02-20-2013, 07:36 AM   #6
trooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Spencer
trooper12's Tacoma Gallery
That looks where your ABS pump should be... its an important part, not only is it a major component for the ABS system, it also pumps cool headlight fluid to your headlights so the lenses dont melt!
Old 02-20-2013, 07:38 AM   #7
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-20-2013, 07:47 AM   #8

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
brake actuator?

maybe different for VSC and non VSC?
Old 02-20-2013, 07:48 AM   #9
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
So the guy asks a legit question and this is the best you guys have to offer??

The metal lines/magic box is a hydraulic control unit for models w/out VSC/TRAC etc. I'm going to guess your rig is equipped w/ some of the electronic traction control stuff and therefore has an integrated unit over on the other side of the engine bay.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:00 AM   #10
faststang90 is on a distinguished road

Name: dwayne
faststang90's Tacoma Gallery
lol blinker fluid. i was on the phone one day talking to my job and i told my x girlfriend my blinkers are blinking very slow it must need some blinker fluid. i pulled into a auto parts place and told her to run in and get me some because im on the phone with my job. she ran in the store then she ran out and do u know what color it is. i told her i think its blue. she ran back in and told the guy it was blue. he told her that it was a chevy and they dont use blue it should be red and that is y they are slow he told her i needed to change it out for it to work right. she said ok and ran out and told me. i told her i'll do it later. a few days went by and we was in my truck and she said u must have changed your blinker fluid because they seem to be blinking fast again. lol

i would check to see if your brakes are working right.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:06 AM   #11
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
I agree with Brunes, because I don't have what is in this picture either. I haven't been under the hood for a few weeks, I'll have to go look to be sure nothing is there at all.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:31 AM   #12
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
SCConstable, welcome to TW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
So the guy asks a legit question and this is the best you guys have to offer??

The metal lines/magic box is a hydraulic control unit for models w/out VSC/TRAC etc. I'm going to guess your rig is equipped w/ some of the electronic traction control stuff and therefore has an integrated unit over on the other side of the engine bay.
OP, don't worry about it. Brunes is right.

My Off-Road has the same empty bracket. There are probably a few other brackets, holes, grommets, etc. that Toyota installs in every engine bay to standardize production, but are only used depending on the engine and trim level.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:25 PM   #13
Special Edition Member
Gincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gincoma's Tacoma Gallery
Brunes is correct, I have an Offroad and its built into the hydraulic booster on the other side of the truck.

BTW the whole flux capacitor joke is played out and not funny and also I heard the blinker fluid thing when I was in the 3rd grade not cool
Old 02-20-2013, 01:33 PM   #14
EndlessSummer is just really niceEndlessSummer is just really niceEndlessSummer is just really niceEndlessSummer is just really nice

Name: Jason
EndlessSummer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gincoma View Post
BTW the whole flux capacitor joke is played out and not funny and also I heard the blinker fluid thing when I was in the 3rd grade not cool
didn't the 2010 come with a continuim transfunctioner?
Old 02-20-2013, 01:36 PM   #15
Special Edition Member
Gincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gincoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessSummer View Post
didn't the 2010 come with a continuim transfunctioner?
not sure
Old 02-20-2013, 01:37 PM   #16
SCConstable is on a distinguished road

SCConstable's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for intelligent posts that answered my question.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:10 PM   #17
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Well, I looked at mine and I gave the box pictured above. I saw your pic and I thought that mine nothing there either. Shows how in tuned I am with my vehicle.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:11 PM   #18
Captain Taco
tacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Volunteer Firefighter
Name: Matt
tacofire38's Tacoma Gallery
My ARB compressor is mounted there
Old 02-20-2013, 03:23 PM   #19
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
brake actuator?

maybe different for VSC and non VSC?

there are 2x VSC systems, one is part of the master brake system on the off-roads with DAC and the other, which mounted on the passenger side is non DAC.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:24 PM   #20
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofire38 View Post
My ARB compressor is mounted there

same, it was a perfect mount point.