Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Does anyone elses heater sound like a squirrel trapped in the dashboard?

Old 02-20-2013, 08:35 AM   #1
belone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
belone12's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone elses heater sound like a squirrel trapped in the dashboard?

I had the same problem in my VW, and now the Tacoma. When i turn the heater on, it makes a constant chirping sound, and intensifies when the heater fan is increased. I realize something is probably just dried out and needs to be replaced or lubed.
Anyone have this problem or any suggestions on repair?
Attached Thumbnails
Does anyone elses heater sound like a squirrel trapped in the dashboard?-sharkbear.jpg  
Old 02-20-2013, 08:38 AM   #2
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, its a common issue and there are a few threads on how to fix it and a cheaper replacement for the blower motor.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:39 AM   #3
KJaikaran will become famous soon enough
KJaikaran's Tacoma Gallery
Are you getting the noise from the blower behind the glove box? I heard mine for the first time the other night.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:39 AM   #4
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Short answer Yes that is normal

Long answer 200 pages of members trying and some sucessfully repairing it!

Old 02-20-2013, 08:40 AM   #5
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
try this link and threads.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sea...archid=8324441
Old 02-20-2013, 08:49 AM   #6
NYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant future
Name: Joe
NYNURSE's Tacoma Gallery
My 2011 chirped for about 6 months. Motor is always on, then one day noise just went away. Works fine now.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:51 AM   #7
belone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks guys, I will look into that thread and either attempt to fix or suck it up until spring.
Yes the noise is from the right side of the dash. I tuned it out for a while but anytime someone gets in they're like "is something dying in there?" haha.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:10 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiasdad11 View Post
an all-too-common problem. had mine replaced by the dealer nearly a year ago, free, and have enjoyed the silence since then (part #87103-04043). apparently it hasn't worked for everyone, however.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...p-low-fix.html
Was yours covered under warranty or was there a recall (fingers crossed) for it?
Old 02-20-2013, 09:15 AM   #10
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by belone12 View Post
Was yours covered under warranty or was there a recall (fingers crossed) for it?
no recall, that would be safety related. There is a TSB but you have to be under warranty. I just had mine replaced with the updated part last month and the chirping is gone. Hopefully it stays that way. If youre out of warranty the part is available on websites I believe about $100.
edit: here is the part# 87103-04043
Old 02-20-2013, 11:34 AM   #11

excellent, thanks for the input everyone!
Old 02-20-2013, 11:39 AM   #12
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Mine has been doing it forever. Only when the heater is on the medium settings. If I turn it off or all the way to the highest setting then it doesnt do it.