Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tightening inside door handle

Old 02-20-2013, 05:51 PM   #1
Matrix
12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Space Command
Name: Steve
12Tac's Tacoma Gallery
Tightening inside door handle

Tacoma World Folks,

I've got a 2012 that the drivers side door handle has become loose. Dealer won't mess with it without charing me up the <cough>. Is taking the door panel off worth the hassle or would I risk screwing up something else in the process?

12Tac
Old 02-20-2013, 05:55 PM   #2
Toyota Technician
Ryanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ryan
Ryanv's Tacoma Gallery
Unless you have screwed with it, it is a defect and should be repaired free to you under warranty
Old 02-20-2013, 05:57 PM   #3
New guy
Ryan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic/ff reserve
Ryan DCFS's Tacoma Gallery
The door panel is pretty easy to take off, i think 2 screws and a little fastener, plus the other clips that just pull out... Also, there lock switch and window switches need to come out.

There's a few threads on here that show the process, for things like speaker installs and such.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanv View Post
Unless you have screwed with it, it is a defect and should be repaired free to you under warranty

Also, this. This should absolutely be covered.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:27 PM   #4
Matrix
12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Space Command
Name: Steve
12Tac's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks all...I'll take it up with a different dealer. The one I purchased it from has been less than useful since delivery.

12Tac
Old 02-20-2013, 07:48 PM   #5
Toyota Technician
Ryanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Ryanv's Tacoma Gallery
Call Toyota USA or your zone office. They absolutely cannot charge your for warrantable work. Your door handle will not get loose from normal use therefore you did something(not much you could do) or its a defect(reason for warranty)
Old 02-20-2013, 08:20 PM   #6
"... Intercepting The Localizer"
File IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
File IFR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Tac View Post
Dealer won't mess with it without charing me up the <cough>.

Really? Did they say they'll charge you to repair it?
Old 02-20-2013, 08:24 PM   #7
Jimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MT1 (SS) retired
Jimmyh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Tac View Post
Tacoma World Folks,

Snip
Dealer won't mess with it without charing me up the <cough>.

Snip
What does "Charing me up" mean in english?

Srsly

It should be free under warranty for 36K miles or 36 months.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:30 PM   #8
Toyota Technician
Ryanv's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyh View Post
What does "Charing me up" mean in english?

Srsly

It should be free under warranty for 36K miles or 36 months.
Unless its been modified or abused
Old 02-21-2013, 08:11 PM   #9
New guy
Ryan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic/ff reserve
Ryan DCFS's Tacoma Gallery
He would have to have modified/abused the door handle itself for it to void the warranty... I don't know how that would be possible short of using the handle for pull-ups or dips...