Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Weathertech not fitting on passenger side

Old 02-20-2013, 06:52 PM   #1
B11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
B11's Tacoma Gallery
Weathertech not fitting on passenger side

Bought a set of Weathertech Digifit for my 2013 Dbl cab and the drivers side fit like a glove. Went to put the passenger side in and the fit was off a good 1/2 inch on the door side. The edge sat up on top of the plastic molding and when I tried to move the floor mat over, then the holes wouldn't line up. I'm sure I could open up the holes and make it work but I'm just going to send them back and get another set. Hopefully the next set fits well on both sides.....

Anyone else have any fit issues with their 2013 Dbl cab and their Weathertech Digifit floor mats?????
Old 02-20-2013, 06:59 PM   #2
Agro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud of
Agro's Tacoma Gallery
I read of some fitment issues on I *believe* prior 2009's due to the floor mounts not being secured, they can move and not line up with the weathertec. However, I do have a 2013 and they fit perfectly, so I think you may want to take a few pictures of it, email them to weathertech and get them replaced. Just in case the NEXT set dont fit either. Possibly even take a few measurements. These are things you cant do once you send them back, may want to get that info now..
Old 02-20-2013, 07:03 PM   #3
Loco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Loco38SUP's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2011 and they both fit just fine, maybe a pic would help.

RJM
Old 02-20-2013, 07:36 PM   #4
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post6465788
Old 02-20-2013, 08:38 PM   #5
Jimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MT1 (SS) retired
Jimmyh's Tacoma Gallery
That is why I bought a set of Husky Liners. They cover more floor space ( up behind the pedals and the entire dead pedal ) and have no holes for liquid or mud to get through.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:19 PM   #6
Azjohn is a splendid one to beholdAzjohn is a splendid one to beholdAzjohn is a splendid one to beholdAzjohn is a splendid one to beholdAzjohn is a splendid one to beholdAzjohn is a splendid one to behold
Marines: 4th force recon.
Name: John
Azjohn's Tacoma Gallery
I had the same problem..... solved by heating the liner with a hair dryer shaped to fit.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:11 PM   #7
B11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
B11's Tacoma Gallery
Larry. thanks for the link. The link Larry posted is EXACTLY the same problem I am having.

Like I said before, I'm sure I can make these work with some massaging but should I have to??? From the sounds of things a new set probably won't fix the problem.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:34 PM   #8
Rocknroll is on a distinguished road

Name: Devin
Rocknroll's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azjohn View Post
I had the same problem..... solved by heating the liner with a hair dryer shaped to fit.
Mine were off about a 1/2 inch as well. Did the same thing and it closed the gap some. It does seem like fitment is all over the map on these things - but I still think they're awesome and well worth it.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:12 AM   #9
2goldenz is on a distinguished road
Name: jrs
2goldenz's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...t-trouble.html
Old 02-21-2013, 03:22 AM   #10
car78412 is a splendid one to beholdcar78412 is a splendid one to beholdcar78412 is a splendid one to beholdcar78412 is a splendid one to beholdcar78412 is a splendid one to beholdcar78412 is a splendid one to behold

car78412's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyh View Post
That is why I bought a set of Husky Liners. They cover more floor space ( up behind the pedals and the entire dead pedal ) and have no holes for liquid or mud to get through.

X2
Old 02-21-2013, 08:57 AM   #11
Lwolf777 is on a distinguished road
Name: Pj
Lwolf777's Tacoma Gallery
I had same issue, filled gallon bottle with hot water and put it on the mat over night next morning a lot better, same thing two night fit 100 times better
Old 02-21-2013, 10:10 AM   #12
hutch96r is on a distinguished road
Army: NCO
Name: Chris
hutch96r's Tacoma Gallery
Got my weathertech's last week for my 13 DBLCB and had no issues. Both fit perfect. I agree with above, take a pic and contact them to let them know.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:30 AM   #13
AKA ::1
127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 12th TIS
127.0.0.1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyh View Post

this ^^^^

14+ years of Husky in the 4runner, no issues.

got weathertechs for the Yaris in 2010, they are OK but do
not cover the dead pedal or under the throttle enough.
and the holes...I mean I track snow and slush constantly...

In real use...turns out weathertechs allow more crap to hit the carpet than Husky does,
despite the fact weathertechs claim 'digital fit' and all...

looked into weathertechs for the 2013 Taco, saw the same issues
I have in the Yaris...nice mat, but less coverage than a husky mat
has under the throttle and dead pedal area

decided to go with Huskies on the Taco and...they do the job perfectly
---
Huskies also lay down and will form a bit into non-perfect fit situations whereas
Weathertechs do not deviate from their molded shape whatsoever...weathertech
either fits, or it won't...this can leave large gaps

---------------
I'd say WeatherTech owes you a new passenger-side mat
Old 02-21-2013, 03:10 PM   #14
TAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
TAOScott's Tacoma Gallery
Returning the mats will not solve the issue. The mold is the same, thus the holes don't move. The problem lies within the carpet of your truck. There is another thread here somewhere where the member had the same issue. He posted info about how he corrected it. I tried to search the thread because I thought I had replied to it, but I may not have, sorry.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:48 PM   #15
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAOScott View Post
Returning the mats will not solve the issue. The mold is the same, thus the holes don't move. The problem lies within the carpet of your truck. There is another thread here somewhere where the member had the same issue. He posted info about how he corrected it. I tried to search the thread because I thought I had replied to it, but I may not have, sorry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
^^^
Old 02-22-2013, 08:40 PM   #16
dirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to behold
dirtfondler's Tacoma Gallery
Add me to the list of not fitting on the passenger side (2013 double cab). Off by 1/2 side to side and the one toward the center of the truck is off front to back by just a little. Actually, I think the front to back just looks off because when the mat is slid to the side to interface with the clips, it is actually rotating since the front cannot move. The side to side causes the mat to ride really high over the sill plastic though. I havent seen any good pics, so I just threw some up to show the difference.

Super bummed because I had weathertechs in my 06 and loved them. I don't think I will be keeping these unless there is a mold change and replacement in the near future. Guess I will find out Monday when I call.

BTW, rear and driver's side fit perfectly.
Attached Thumbnails
Weathertech not fitting on passenger side-img_1953.jpg   Weathertech not fitting on passenger side-img_1955.jpg   Weathertech not fitting on passenger side-img_1956.jpg  
Old 02-22-2013, 10:26 PM   #17
Jimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MT1 (SS) retired
Jimmyh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtfondler View Post
I don't think I will be keeping these unless there is a mold change and replacement in the near future. Guess I will find out Monday when I call.

BTW, rear and driver's side fit perfectly.
Looking at your pictures, they fit like crap. I did consider Weathertech Liners but decided for better coverage instead and bought Husky Liners.

http://www.huskyliners.com/?gclid=CI...Fa9aMgodwSgAIw

I'm glad I did.

If you would like to get a good liner check out the Husky Liners. I have a set for my 2012 and they fit perfectly on both sides. No holes in them for leakage either.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:49 PM   #18
dirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to behold
dirtfondler's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=Jimmyh;6485417]Looking at your pictures, they fit like crap./[QUOTE]

Agreed. I had great luck with a previous set or Weathertechs and I am hoping that they welcome the opportunity to correct this. If they are not going to modify their mold then I will have to return them and try the Husky Liners.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:53 AM   #19
B11's Tacoma Gallery
Those pictures are almost as if they were taken from my Taco when I tried to install my new Weathertech mats. The pass. side rides up on the scuff plate just like it does in those pictures.

If this is a Toyota carpet fitting issue why do soooooooo many Tacoma DBL Cab's have the exact same fitting problem on the passenger side??? I'm beginning to think this is a Weathertech issue.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:06 AM   #20
TAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
TAOScott's Tacoma Gallery
I found the thread, see post #15 Weathertech