Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

lights in a topper

Old 03-16-2013, 08:40 PM   #22
autoloader is on a distinguished road
Name: Rodney
autoloader's Tacoma Gallery
I found a cheap solution. I borrowed a set of led rope lights for decks since I have the 110v outlet in my bed. I just laid them on the topper rail and they really light things up. I bought a 16' set at wally world for $12. Hope to put them in soon and post a pic.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:35 PM   #23
Bajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS: Remote Duty Paramedic
Bajatacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kn61408 View Post
Someone previously mentioned mounting battery LED Puck lights from WalMart or similar. Throw off a lot of light, last a long time, turn on/off with a tap.
I put one of those in my VW bus- It works well but I replaced it with one of these since I could direct the light better:
http://www.sylvaniaonlinestore.com/p...el-silver.aspx

I also put one in my camper shell. I stuck some of the adhesive backed Velcro (hook part) on the back of the light then just stuck it to the carpet in the shell. It's to the left when I open the rear window and you just tap the two metal contacts to turn it on/off. I have some other LEDs I was going to put in the back (one is actually mounted but not hooked up) but the Sylvania works well enough that I haven't gotten around to it.

Mine all have black housings and I got them at Wally World for under $10/each.

I also keep a Petzl head lamp in the truck that I use as well as a Black Diamond Orbit lantern. I'd really like to try one of the newer Goal Zero lights too.