1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

lights in a topper

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by autoloader, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Feb 25, 2013 at 10:01 PM
    krob32

krob32 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Sierra Vista, AZ / Asheville, NC
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM TRD Sport DCLB
    WeatherTec Digi Liners, AVS Bugflector II, TRD FJ SE Anthracite Rims, BF Goodrich AT KO2 265/75/16, AVS In-Channel Wind Deflectors, Extang Solid Fold, Pop & Lock, Color Match Grill Emblem (Anthracite), Plasti Dip Emblems, Tacoma Bed Mat, Tacoma Door Sill Protectors, ToyTec Ultimate Lift Kit, ICON UCAs, Wheeler's Progressive AAL, Wet Okoles, Sockmonkey 3rd Brake Light Cover, LED Hood/Bed Lighting w/ OTRATTW Switches, Famous Fabrication Sliders, Sockmonkey TRD Bed Decal, Proven Design 4x4 Mudflaps, BenWA's Rear Power Sliding Window, Jasper Off Road 6" Reverse LED Pod, ImMrYo Rear View Mirror Bracket, GrillCraft w/ Black Mesh and color matched Land Cruiser Emblem, LED Tail Lights, Badge Removal and Vinyl TRD/Tacoma Stickers, Bullaculla Trailer Harness Relocation.
    LED strips in the bed and OTRATTW switch when on. Seems like it may be more functional than in the top itself depending on your needs.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Mar 16, 2013 at 8:40 PM
    autoloader

autoloader [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rodney
    Jamestown,OH & Morhead,KY
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD OFF ROAD 4x4
    carbon filter removed,fog light mod,tailgate lock,ARE cap 5100's at 1.75 firestone ride rites Wheelers 2" aal
    I found a cheap solution. I borrowed a set of led rope lights for decks since I have the 110v outlet in my bed. I just laid them on the topper rail and they really light things up. I bought a 16' set at wally world for $12. Hope to put them in soon and post a pic.

3. Mar 16, 2013 at 9:35 PM
    Bajatacoma

Bajatacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Off-Road, SR5, 6 speed
    I put one of those in my VW bus- It works well but I replaced it with one of these since I could direct the light better:
    http://www.sylvaniaonlinestore.com/p-32-dot-it-linear-swivel-silver.aspx

I also put one in my camper shell. I stuck some of the adhesive backed Velcro (hook part) on the back of the light then just stuck it to the carpet in the shell. It's to the left when I open the rear window and you just tap the two metal contacts to turn it on/off. I have some other LEDs I was going to put in the back (one is actually mounted but not hooked up) but the Sylvania works well enough that I haven't gotten around to it.

Mine all have black housings and I got them at Wally World for under $10/each.

I also keep a Petzl head lamp in the truck that I use as well as a Black Diamond Orbit lantern. I'd really like to try one of the newer Goal Zero lights too.

Products Discussed in

To Top