Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Cigarette burn

Old 02-21-2013, 05:35 AM   #1
rc51ny is on a distinguished road

rc51ny's Tacoma Gallery
Cigarette burn

So I let a buddy use my 2010 and he put a cigarette burn in the drivers seat. I know he feels bad but I'm still pissed. Anyone have an idea of how to repair this? It's about the size of the end of a cigarette butt. Thanks
Old 02-21-2013, 05:59 AM   #2
dboz is on a distinguished road
dboz's Tacoma Gallery
Not much you can do other than a new cover. I hope you are a smoker also or that is absolutely rude and inconsiderate. This is also why I never let anyone borrow my trucks. They always would get damaged as they think it is just a truck. Sorry man.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:09 AM   #3
Assimilated
On An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
On An Island's Tacoma Gallery
Hopefully he's offering to pay for the repairs.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:43 AM   #4
I'll be your huckleberry!
Millertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Iraq vet
Name: David
Millertime187's Tacoma Gallery
if you watch the for sale side, you might find somebody that upgraded there seat covers to leather and be selling there old ones. that sucks tho!
Old 02-21-2013, 07:39 AM   #5
I don't know what to write here
12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

12DblCab's Tacoma Gallery
If you don't figure something out, you might talk to someone about cutting out a 1/2" section and sewing it together really well. It won't look new, but it will look better than a cigarette burn. A pitbull ripped my sleeve in half on my NorthFace jacket. My dad took it to a professional sewing place, and you could barely tell there was a tear.

That would really piss me off. My old Jeep had a few cigarette burns on the passenger side door from the previous owner's wife falling asleep on trips.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:10 AM   #6

rc51ny's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info--yea--my buddy is paying for this one. I know he feels really bad about it--but hey--now I've got a burn in MY seat! guess it might be time for some covers.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:15 AM   #7
friction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shed

friction's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12DblCab View Post
....A pitbull ripped my sleeve in half on my NorthFace jacket. My dad took it to a professional sewing place, and you could barely tell there was a tear...
Did your arm stay attached?

And OP, if you are a smoker you'll eventually add more burns; if you are not, that was inconsiderate to smoke in your truck.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:35 AM   #8
Canadiandad is on a distinguished road
Canadiandad's Tacoma Gallery
Easy solution.... www.clazzio.com for great Tacoma seat covers. Very high quality, reasonable price, easy to put on, lots of choices!
Old 02-21-2013, 11:07 AM   #9

rc51ny's Tacoma Gallery
Any suggestions for good seat covers--it's a 2010 with buckets--I'm thinking about $150-200?
Old 02-21-2013, 11:28 AM   #10
2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
2004TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
Sucks dude, my dad put one in my passenger seat too, and it is still showing it's ugly face at me. Only cheap way to fix it is put a seat cover on.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:36 AM   #11
SUPER MOD
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hottrodd7 View Post
Any suggestions for good seat covers--it's a 2010 with buckets--I'm thinking about $150-200?

its gonna cost more than that for ones that look good.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:33 PM   #12
Redeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Jeff
Redeemed's Tacoma Gallery
Talk to a used car dealer near you and ask who repairs upholstery for them or do an internet or yellow pages search. I'm certain it can be fixed.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:36 PM   #13
I don't know what to write here
12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

12DblCab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by friction View Post
Did your arm stay attached?

And OP, if you are a smoker you'll eventually add more burns; if you are not, that was inconsiderate to smoke in your truck.
I went over to a friend/coworker's house for the first time, and the pit bull was in a cage. She said the usual "Don't worry, he's friendly" as she let him out. I bent down and stuck my hand out as he approached so he could smell it, and he grabbed my forearm. My arm slipped out of his mouth as I pulled away, but he held onto the jacket and started ripping side to side like dogs do. I pinned him down, jacket in his mouth, until the owner grabbed him off of me. I only had a few scratches where he got my skin but it didn't catch.
I had a pocket knife on me that I actually considered using at the time if he came back again. Our friendship was pretty awkward after that.

I meet dogs pretty regularly at work now as a police officer, and they always love me. My coworkers call me the Dog Whisperer because I'm always coaxing stray dogs into my patrol car with treats when it's slow and driving them to the shelter. There's a picture of me with two rotweilers in the back of my patrol car after I received a call about them.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:31 PM   #14
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So I let a buddy use my 2010 and he put a cigarette burn in the drivers seat. I know he feels bad but I'm still pissed. Anyone have an idea of how to repair this? It's about the size of the end of a cigarette butt. Thanks
how disrespectful to smoke in someones truck.

he owes you a new OEM seat cover.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:35 PM   #16
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clayton
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
I've seen Stacey David use a razor to shave like colored fuzz off of other parts of the seat, and then use some type of glue mixed with the fuzz to fill in the hole.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:41 PM   #17
CASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
CASTRATE's Tacoma Gallery
Use a piece of his skin to patch the hole
Old 02-21-2013, 06:20 PM   #18

rc51ny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
Talk to a used car dealer near you and ask who repairs upholstery for them or do an internet or yellow pages search. I'm certain it can be fixed.
good idea--I'll have to give it a try--if not--then the dude owes me for a set of new seat covers!!!!!!
Old 02-21-2013, 07:01 PM   #19
Redeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Jeff
Redeemed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
good idea--I'll have to give it a try--if not--then the dude owes me for a set of new seat covers!!!!!!
Let us know how you make out. I had a friend who made a living going from dealer to dealer making repairs like yours needs. I never knew it could be done.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:15 PM   #20
Jimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MT1 (SS) retired
Jimmyh's Tacoma Gallery
Screw a repair. The truck is only a couple of years old. The dude would be replacing the seat cover with a new factory cover or installing a Set of new matching covers on all the seats.