Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Toyota Tacoma 2008 trailer frame mount type hitch and wiring harness.

Old 02-21-2013, 03:08 PM   #1
c E Neal is on a distinguished road
Name: gene
c E Neal's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota Tacoma 2008 trailer frame mount type hitch and wiring harness.

As you can see I have a 2008 Toyota tacoma ,2W/D 2 generation access cab SR5 2.7 4 Cly. auto. I want to install a frame type trailer hitch. There is on on e-Bay for about $200 with the wiring harness included.Has any one installed this package ? If so tell me about it ! O/M says with the frame type it would be rated at 6900 lbs. But I'm wandering if you might have to add a spring leaf. Thanking in advance for any info!
Old 02-21-2013, 05:40 PM   #2
It seemed like a good idea at the time...
RickG is one of the sharper tools in the shedRickG is one of the sharper tools in the shedRickG is one of the sharper tools in the shedRickG is one of the sharper tools in the shedRickG is one of the sharper tools in the shedRickG is one of the sharper tools in the shedRickG is one of the sharper tools in the shedRickG is one of the sharper tools in the shedRickG is one of the sharper tools in the shedRickG is one of the sharper tools in the shedRickG is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Retired
RickG's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to RickG
If it's the OEM hitch, it's a nice sturdy class IV that bolts up easily. I'd get it over an aftermarket one for that alone. I bought one on here a couple years ago and am pleased with it. That said, I'm not sure you'll be happy trying to tow anything even approaching the max rating with a 4 banger, and without the rest of the tow package.

There may be more guidance in the towing section here.