LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

St Louis Snowstorm - Tacoma was AMAZING

Old 02-21-2013, 05:03 PM   #1
tacoma4 has much to be proud oftacoma4 has much to be proud oftacoma4 has much to be proud oftacoma4 has much to be proud oftacoma4 has much to be proud oftacoma4 has much to be proud oftacoma4 has much to be proud oftacoma4 has much to be proud oftacoma4 has much to be proud of
tacoma4's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up St Louis Snowstorm - Tacoma was AMAZING

For anyone else in the midwest this storm has been pretty rough, St Louis decided that they weren't going to clear the roads with 5+ inches of snow, sleet, and ice so it was dog-eat-dog on the drive home from work. My normal 30 minute drive took over 2.5 hours. Good news is the tacoma performed amazingly. I was scared with all the bashing of the Dunlop tires I see on the forum that I was in trouble. I have a stock 4x4 reg cab manual 4cyl. Stock dunlop tires with 31k on them, 4/32" remaining which, according to my dealership is the minimum before needing to be replaced.

I didn't slip or slide at all on the drive home. I was in 4wd the entire trip and the tires felt absolutely glued to the ground. I saw between 60-80 cars off the road or stuck on hills and didn't have a problem once. At one point I was heading down a two lane road with a divided planter box in between, so you were stuck on it. Ahead was a short but steep uphill where a few cops were stopped digging out cars and pushing each car up individually. Waited in line for almost an hour (50+ cars ahead of me) before it was my turn to try and get up and the Taco motored up it no problem. There was even a point where the guy in front of me spun out and stopped on a steep uphill. I had to stop behind him and had no trouble getting going again. Hardest part of the drive was getting into the garage because it's a sharp turn in reverse, had to take it out of 4wd to prevent binding and that's the only time I spun the tires.

Anyway, just wanted to put some positive feedback out there on the Tacoma, and the stock tires are not all bad, but I am going to replace them this summer! So happy with the trucks performance.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:12 PM   #2
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:19 PM   #3
peiscooter is on a distinguished road

peiscooter's Tacoma Gallery
Actually the dunlops aren't bad on dry or hardpacked snow, but on slush that is where they go to s**t.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:03 PM   #4
Tony. is on a distinguished road
Name: Tony
Tony.'s Tacoma Gallery
I just purchased mine Monday. This snowstorm was a great way to test out the four wheel drive. I'm glad I didn't purchase my second vehicle choice!
Old 02-21-2013, 06:20 PM   #5
SPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant future

Air Force: HQ AMC Port Dawg
Name: Jason
SPENCAF's Tacoma Gallery
Lol I was home by 10:30 am so I didn't really need 4x4 an i didn't have to deal with all the idiots. I don't think we got it as bad over here by Scott AFB as you did in STL.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:25 PM   #6
Merchantmarine is on a distinguished road

Name: Tim
Merchantmarine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPENCAF View Post
Lol I was home by 10:30 am so I didn't really need 4x4 an i didn't have to deal with all the idiots. I don't think we got it as bad over here by Scott AFB as you did in STL.
You guys, get a couple inches and all hell breaks out!!! LOL no my brother said they got it bad in Colorado Springs. We got it coming here in NH this weekend can't wait to try out my new tires. The blizzard we got here in New England made me get new tires!!
Old 02-21-2013, 06:27 PM   #7
The Ayatollah of Asshollah
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Great story!