Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Fully fabricated 4x4 spindles

Old 02-21-2013, 09:46 PM   #1
Joels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to behold

Name: joel
Joels98taco's Tacoma Gallery
Fully fabricated 4x4 spindles

I see there is alot of interest in a fabricated spindle for you 4wd guys and have been talking to my buddy that does garage fab and he says he is willing to try to make a few sets. Just wanna see how many people are really interested and if someone has a spare set of straight ungusseted spindles to get this ball rolling.he is a real nice guy and does very nice work and is very knowledgable and knows what hes doing and talking about when it comes to trucks, fabrication, and suspension. Let me know if your up for a set. These will fit on stock suspension components so they would work with any uca or long travel kit would work with stock spindles. Lets start a list to see whos interested and see who has a spare set laying around to make a jig.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:00 PM   #2
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
I'm interested for a 2nd gen set
Old 02-21-2013, 10:02 PM   #3
Hiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hiatt
Hiatt1991's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Hiatt1991
Pics of his work?
Old 02-21-2013, 10:09 PM   #4
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
a couple other companies/folks have shown interest in tackling this aswell. if prices are competitive and the quality is there.
sure, why not.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:17 AM   #5
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
PICS? I may be intrested
Old 02-22-2013, 09:24 AM   #6
Joels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to behold

Name: joel
Joels98taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiatt1991 View Post
Pics of his work?
Ill post some up in a while. He did a custom lt for his 1st gen recently. 5" over its pretty damn sweet.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:17 PM   #8
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Whats the difference between a 2wd and 4wd spindles? Im surprised they dont exist already if it's an option... major noob on all the ins and outs of suspension stuff even though I did all of mine. What benefit would they provide?
Old 02-22-2013, 12:22 PM   #9
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
Whats the difference between a 2wd and 4wd spindles? Im surprised they dont exist already if it's an option... major noob on all the ins and outs of suspension stuff even though I did all of mine. What benefit would they provide?
2wd spindles have no hole for the axle
Old 02-22-2013, 12:24 PM   #10
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
And that's the only issue? Really surprised these dont exist already to help 4wd people lift their trucks. I need to go look at mine here so that I know what im talking about. That being said I might be interested in these
Old 02-22-2013, 12:31 PM   #11
Never take the bait
Jasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stop giving me nicknames
Jasmine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
And that's the only issue? Really surprised these dont exist already to help 4wd people lift their trucks. I need to go look at mine here so that I know what im talking about. That being said I might be interested in these
Not sure he is talking about a 4wd lift spindle.. Just a stronger, fully fabricated for those who, even with gussets, are bending their spindles (like us).
Old 02-22-2013, 12:32 PM   #12
Vivid Illumination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
Not sure he is talking about a 4wd lift spindle.. Just a stronger, fully fabricated for those who, even with gussets, are bending their spindles (like us).
Aah! Now it's making sense.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:34 PM   #13
Never take the bait
Jasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stop giving me nicknames
Jasmine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Aah! Now it's making sense.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:35 PM   #14
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
There is no such thing as a 4WD lift spindle.

2WD it is possible since there is no axle to push through the spindle, it's just relocating where the hub attaches the spindle.

The only way to do a lift spindle on a 4WD would be with portal axles (google it). They're expensive and heavy, though. Found on some land rovers and HMMWVs.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:36 PM   #15
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Yes they do..there is a pressed in cap that can be easily knocked off..for the 2nd Gen at least
Old 02-22-2013, 12:39 PM   #16
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Designing and building a fully fabbed 4wd is a huge undertaking to make work correctly with the ABS/speed sensors. Its why I imagine that nobody has one available for the market to this day
Old 02-22-2013, 12:43 PM   #17
SnowmanFX is on a distinguished road
SnowmanFX's Tacoma Gallery
I have the spindles from the Procomp Drop bracket lift laying in my garage. They appear and feel solid cast steel. Very heavy duty. I would imagine something similar would be ideal.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:55 PM   #18
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowmanFX View Post
I have the spindles from the Procomp Drop bracket lift laying in my garage. They appear and feel solid cast steel. Very heavy duty. I would imagine something similar would be ideal.
lol
Old 02-22-2013, 01:53 PM   #19
a name known to all
luka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud of
Air Force: Jet Mech / Metals Tech
Name: Mike
luka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxpatriot View Post
There is no such thing as a 4WD lift spindle.

2WD it is possible since there is no axle to push through the spindle, it's just relocating where the hub attaches the spindle.

The only way to do a lift spindle on a 4WD would be with portal axles (google it). They're expensive and heavy, though. Found on some land rovers and HMMWVs.

I'd think making 4wd lift spindles would only be slightly different than the 2wd ones that are out. The way the Maxtrac spindles are designed, there is probably not enough clearence in the assembly for the axle to have the required play/positioning.

the oem spindles themselves are identical. I'll try and dig up pics when I converted mine.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:04 PM   #20
drinking whats on sale
92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92dlxman's Tacoma Gallery
does he have a machine shop in his garage? not to be a negative nancy but im pretty sure hes gunna need a mill. 4 axis mill