1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear Quarter Panel

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by scooby3202, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Feb 22, 2013 at 8:25 AM
    scooby3202

scooby3202 [OP] Member

Member:
    Montgomery, AL
    Vehicle:
    2022 Tacoma TRD Sport
    I have a 2006 Silver Mica. On the rear quarter panel on both sides, just behind the wheel well, it looks like there is a protective sticker that runs about 10 inches long and 5 inches wide. The "sticker" is getting pretty beat up and has some spots on it. (Now, bear in mind, I am an IT guy and know pretty much nothing about body work.) Can I peel this off? Replace it?

2. Feb 22, 2013 at 8:27 AM
    neonlazer

neonlazer Mechanically Goofy

Member:
    Lafayette, LA
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCSB 4x4 SR5
    Ah..I never got around to posting about this..I even took a pic..I was wondering the same thing..dirt and crap is getting stuck on the edges of it and almost look like rust..I was curious if it could come off too..as my sliders now take most of the hits from rocks now.(I am an IT guy too..not sure either :D )

3. Feb 22, 2013 at 11:05 AM
    packfan88

packfan88 Very Nice !

Member:
    Acworth, GA
    Billy Lift, Cooper STT Pro, Westin Step bars, tinted, rain gaurds, EBC rotors hawk pads
    i saw that and figure it was some kinda protection. like a tank pad on a motorcycle (keeps your zipper from scratching the paint).

4. Feb 22, 2013 at 2:11 PM
    penguins_cc

penguins_cc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Bellevue, WA
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Mica Limo!
    Perkins Performance Sliders, Warn 9000, Brute Force Fab front & rear bumper, OME/Dakar lift, full ATO skids and hi-lift mount, satoshi, Wet Okoles, illuminated 4x4 switch, Diff Breather.
    That is basically a paint protectant film. It's thicker than most - almost the thickness of film used on some rotor blades. It can be removed with a heat gun.

5. Feb 28, 2013 at 10:59 AM
    scooby3202

scooby3202 [OP] Member

Member:
    Montgomery, AL
    Vehicle:
    2022 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Thanks! The question now is... Should I? What are the consequences?

6. Feb 28, 2013 at 12:51 PM
    luka

luka Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner -> 4WD Converted
    Pelfreybilt, Warn, BAMF, DTRL toggle on/off, FJ OEM Fog/Aux Light switches, 2012 lower center console swap, wired in auto-dimming rear view mirror, Wet-Okole inside, Weathertech , Rigid, Tint, Roto-Pax, Bestop, OME, Extended SS brake lines, TRD TX Pro/Baja Graphite 16" Rims
    removing it will run the risk of rocks flying up from the front wheel and scratching the paint.

using a heat gun to take it off shouldn't hurt anything though, as long as you don't "over-heat" the area.

Products Discussed in

To Top