Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Scanguage 2

Old 02-24-2013, 12:44 AM   #1
cleveland48 is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
cleveland48's Tacoma Gallery
Scanguage 2

I've noticed a lot of u are running these. How do u like them? Thinking about pulling the trigger on one. But will it disable the seatbelt warning on my 2012? I always wear my seatbelt on the road but checking my land at 5 mph I won't wear it cause I get I and out a lot. Any help would be appreciated guys
Old 02-24-2013, 12:57 AM   #2
Well, let's play chess.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleveland48 View Post
I've noticed a lot of u are running these. How do u like them? Thinking about pulling the trigger on one. But will it disable the seatbelt warning on my 2012? I always wear my seatbelt on the road but checking my land at 5 mph I won't wear it cause I get I and out a lot. Any help would be appreciated guys
The ScanGauge products are all pretty much passive scantools. Other than clearing DTCs, they don't affect the ECU. A dealership may be able to disable the seatbelt chime using techstream, the Toyota scantool. Whether they will of not seems to depend on the dealership.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:15 AM   #3

Ok thanks. They read mpg and trans temp and other things like that right? It seems like it would be a good investment though. Doesn't most people really enjoy there's
Old 02-24-2013, 01:20 AM   #4
Well, let's play chess.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleveland48 View Post
Ok thanks. They read mpg and trans temp and other things like that right? It seems like it would be a good investment though. Doesn't most people really enjoy there's
I think it's a handy tool, and I keep it in the truck. The SGs can read many different sensor outputs, and can calculate real time fuel economy. UltraGauge is another option, but I don't think it has as many functions.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:46 AM   #5
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
ROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: EOD Tech
Name: Jake
ROGU3 PR3DATOR's Tacoma Gallery
I like mine. Use it mostly for real time fuel readings like MPG and estimated distance to empty. Haven't needed it for any engine codes, but I believe it will read and clear them as well.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:44 AM   #6
CantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FTR
CantSitStill's Tacoma Gallery
Got mine used. Love it. Mostly for mpg. Has definitely adjusted my driving habits by knowing this.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:23 AM   #7
m32 has a spectacular aura aboutm32 has a spectacular aura aboutm32 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Edwin
m32's Tacoma Gallery
Another alternative is the ultragauge. Just got my ultragauge this weekend and like it so,far. I have to calibrate the mpg but its def worth the money IMO.

Edwin
Old 02-24-2013, 06:57 AM   #8

Ok guys thanks for all the info
Old 02-24-2013, 08:40 AM   #9
"... Intercepting The Localizer"
File IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
File IFR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m32 View Post
Another alternative is the ultragauge.
+1

I think they look better too... they do the same as a scangauge and are priced way better.

I'm pleased with mine.

FYI, both units will not cancel out the seatbelt chime in a 2012+.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:49 AM   #10
Well, let's play chess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by File IFR View Post
+1

I think they look better too... they do the same as a scangauge and are priced way better.

I'm pleased with mine.

FYI, both units will not cancel out the seatbelt chime in a 2012+.
I agree that the UG looks nicer, but I believe the SG can monitor some sensors that the UG can't, such as ATF temp.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:59 AM   #11
"... Intercepting The Localizer"
File IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
File IFR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
I agree that the UG looks nicer, but I believe the SG can monitor some sensors that the UG can't, such as ATF temp.

Yup, tranny temp and hybrid batt status.

Here's a interesting thread.
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...uge-17500.html

http://www.cleanmpg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34321

** I'm not starting a shit throwing contest on either units, just posting the differences.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:45 PM   #12
Well, let's play chess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by File IFR View Post
Yup, tranny temp and hybrid batt status.

Here's a interesting thread.
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...uge-17500.html

http://www.cleanmpg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34321

** I'm not starting a shit throwing contest on either units, just posting the differences.
Thanks for the links, and same here.

I have no connection to SG and purchased mine long before the UG was available. I suspect SG will be forced to update their interface to remain competitive with the UG. The main point to remember is that if you want a specific readout, don't assume either one will provide it. Some vehicles may not have a sensor monitoring what you're after, or one gauge may not read an existing sensor's data. I'm just glad that these two products are on the market. I've had a DTC on a long trip and I really appreciated how easy it was to determine how serious the problem was, and to clear the CEL.