Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Back up camera protection

Old 03-02-2013, 03:30 PM   #61
Instagram: stormtrooptaco
HighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud of

Name: Hank
HighTQCummins's Tacoma Gallery
i think the basics of aerodynamics behind the truck will always cause dirt and liquid to build up on there in other than ideal driving conditions. I will agree w/ the above post, when all else fails, I turn my head...did it before I got this 2012 9 months ago, why can't I keep doing it. on a side note (and yes its my own doing) looking out at night through 5% put over factory tint makes things a little tricky, comes w/ the territory, you get better at it
Old 03-02-2013, 03:45 PM   #62
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmo7 View Post
Makes me wonder how I manage w/o a backup camera.

;-)
Your truck also lacks stability control, brake assist and side curtain airbags. Rolling deathtrap and you don't even know it.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:02 PM   #63
AKA ::1
127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 12th TIS
127.0.0.1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmo7 View Post
Makes me wonder how I manage w/o a backup camera.

;-)
are you a wizard ?
Old 03-02-2013, 04:52 PM   #64
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I find it tough to look through my cap , especially when the windows on the cap are covered in rain , I think I'm going to try to fashion a little cover over the top of the camera in the handle

Anybody with half a brain can back up using their mirrors , this thread is about being able to use the camera which is of great value when backing up close to a wall or to a trailer

Deal with it
Old 03-02-2013, 05:05 PM   #65
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Anybody with half a brain can back up using their mirrors , this thread is about being able to use the camera which is of great value when backing up close to a wall or to a trailer

Deal with it
Never ceases to amaze me how many people equate a back up camera with being to lazy to look over your shoulder or use mirrors to back up and forget the practical uses you mentioned or making sure a little kid or something didn't wander behind you etc.

I couldn't imagine backing up to my boat trailer without the camera and would never buy a truck that didn't have one.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:10 PM   #66
Negative Ghostrider
JdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Josh
JdevTac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
Never ceases to amaze me how many people equate a back up camera with being to lazy to look over your shoulder or use mirrors to back up and forget the practical uses you mentioned or making sure a little kid or something didn't wander behind you etc.

I couldn't imagine backing up to my boat trailer without the camera and would never buy a truck that didn't have one.
Probably because some people only rely on a backup camera for backing up. I have seen some family friends do it and other people I have ridden with.

BUT that doesn't negate its usefulness for sure! I love my backup camera for reversing in as much as possible after having reversed myself into a spot, of course without it I would normally just wait until I felt the concrete tire bumper thing.

It also comes in handy when you need to back down a crazy snaking driveway on a steeper incline.

I backed my dads 04 up to a trailer pretty good just by guessing, but I bet a rear camera would eliminate the guess work
Old 03-02-2013, 06:30 PM   #67
akhermit is on a distinguished road

Army: Prior Service
Name: Steve
akhermit's Tacoma Gallery
For those of you that say just look out of the back window, that is fine. The back up camera is in addition to looking out of the windows, checking mirrors, etc. I use all three methods at the same time. The back up camera is nice for judging clearance in conjunction with mirrors and windows.

The back up camera is also a safety device, because through it you can see what you can't see through the windows and mirrors, especially 1 to 5 year old kids, family pets, etc. Put a 2 year old kid directly behind your truck, sit in the drivers seat, and tell me if you can see the kid through your windows and mirrors. This is why there is an industry push for back up cameras. In my area of town, within a six month period, two different families backed up over their toddlers and killed them. Would a back up camera have helped in that situation, I don't know, but I definitely use it for convenience and safety. I usually look like an idiot backing out of my driveway, because I look both ways, and check my mirrors and back up camera several times, while backing up slowly.

I think back up cameras are an asset to the Tacoma, YMMV.