Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Body Armor Sport Rack??

Old 02-25-2013, 09:44 AM   #1
09DBLCAB09 is on a distinguished road
09DBLCAB09's Tacoma Gallery
Body Armor Sport Rack??

Does anyone have this for their truck? It's only $350... I just wanted some reviews before pulling the trigger

Old 02-25-2013, 09:50 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I kinda like it.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:51 AM   #3
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
Meh. It mounts to the bed rail system, not much strength there.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:56 AM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by THExBUSxDRIVER View Post
Meh. It mounts to the bed rail system, not much strength there.
From their website:
The Sport Rack mounts to the OEM track system on the Tacoma plus two legs bolt to the bed at with the two body bolts this adds the needed strength to the bed.

The back bolts are only helping to offset the cantilever so they don't need to be overly strong. You'd have to pull the track system straight up for it to fail.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:59 AM   #5
Lone Star Club
whahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jimbob
whahahajr's Tacoma Gallery
How much is the cab basket? It says requires PN 5129 Cab Basket.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:59 AM   #6
logcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
logcabinwc's Tacoma Gallery
I think there was a thread on it a while back when it first came out...
I think it looks pretty good. I think the tube diameter is a littler larger than I would personally prefer (although, who really gives a shit).
I think the main concern is about its weight capacity. Because it mounts to the bed rail system, you can't really use it for much. The bed rail system is only meant to hold so much, and because the weight and center of gravity is distributed over the cab, you cant use it much more than for lights. However, if looks is what you are going for, they why not?! Like you said, it is only $350..
If you do get it make sure to put up a review!
Old 02-25-2013, 10:02 AM   #7
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
I'd like to see it mounted onto the cab personally. I think it would look a lot better if it was all the way forward. You could use it as a spare tire basket among other things. Maybe we should have someone built that prototype..
Old 02-25-2013, 10:08 AM   #8
thelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant future
Coast Guard: Marine Science Tech
Name: paul
thelivestone's Tacoma Gallery
I think it looks pretty good. just would be concerned with the weight over the cab, other than that.... I approve.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:13 AM   #9
DILIGAF
06sr5prerunner is a glorious beacon of light06sr5prerunner is a glorious beacon of light06sr5prerunner is a glorious beacon of light06sr5prerunner is a glorious beacon of light06sr5prerunner is a glorious beacon of light

Name: luis
06sr5prerunner's Tacoma Gallery
i have my bed rack off of my bed rails and definitely you can put some weight. i dont know about bed rail specs and all that but i have easily put about 350 lbs or more on my bed rack thats off my bed rails. have my hi lift and used to have my spare 285/75r16 strapped to it.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:20 AM   #10
MIAtaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
MIAtaco's Tacoma Gallery
where did you find this?
Old 05-07-2013, 05:41 PM   #11
abnranger is on a distinguished road
Name: Curtis
abnranger's Tacoma Gallery
just mounted it (Body Armor Sports Rack) tonight after work...heavier than I thought and stronger. The design is well thought out, the two parts that mount to the side rails pull back on the basket and the straight up mount behind the cab helps with stability, support and balance. The weight is 250 max as per Body Armor guidance, I would feel no worries putting 3-350. The only thing that surfaced that was unexpected was the floor bed mounts...I had to cut/ "customize" the raised portion near holes to set flat on bed. Next project is adding the Body Armor front bumper after I get a set of new tires... anybody mount the bumper ?
Old 05-07-2013, 06:05 PM   #12
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
^ I have a body armor bumper on my wife's fj and we like it. Haven't seen many Tacoma ones.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:17 PM   #13
UG legend wannabe
snowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
snowgod06's Tacoma Gallery
built my own Are you satisfied with the rack? get some pics up!!

Old 05-07-2013, 06:33 PM   #14
Old 05-07-2013, 06:36 PM   #15
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
I would like it to mount to the cab mounts personally.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:39 PM   #16
UG legend wannabe
snowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
snowgod06's Tacoma Gallery
mines bolted through the bed rail caps, through the bed, with backing plates. 4 bolts per side, had about 450# on her so far.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:39 PM   #17
I like the Body Armor rack and the way it looks, yours is cool batman, nice job...did Alfred help you ?
Old 05-07-2013, 11:17 PM   #18
schleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to behold

Name: Daniel
schleygo's Tacoma Gallery
I'm interested. Do you think a ARB tent would fit up there and handle 350lbs of body weight plus tent weight?