Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2013 Sr5 LB,TRD Sport LB,or TRD OR short bed?

Old 02-26-2013, 12:11 PM   #1
SSG665 has a spectacular aura aboutSSG665 has a spectacular aura aboutSSG665 has a spectacular aura about
SSG665's Tacoma Gallery
2013 Sr5 LB,TRD Sport LB,or TRD OR short bed?

Will the 2013 SR5 LB have the smoothest On road ride of the three?How about the sport LB?Can those that have driven both give me an idea?How much difference in ride comfort?
Old 02-26-2013, 03:46 PM   #2
TruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant future

Name: Tru
TruKnight's Tacoma Gallery
your question is borderline incomprehensible, but I doubt there is much of any difference in ride quality between them. id guess the sports or offroads have a marginally better ride tho. not sure what the bed length has to do with it.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:47 PM   #3
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Sport has better shocks, get a double cab long bed trd sport. You will not be disappointed.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:52 PM   #4
BBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
BBtacosurfer's Tacoma Gallery
You should get a TRD off road...more capable than the TRD sport in stock form!
Old 02-26-2013, 03:52 PM   #5
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Until you go to upgrade the e-locker
Old 02-26-2013, 03:54 PM   #6
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Once I pay off my Tacoma I have now, I plan to get a DCLB TRD Sport. If you want the long bed your only option is the TRD Sport. For some reason Toyota decided not to offer the TRD Off Road for the long bed...
Old 02-26-2013, 03:57 PM   #8
Purveyor of Fun

^this. Look how many posts he has. You know his input is reliable.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:58 PM   #9
Greenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Greenbergler's Tacoma Gallery
get a dclb sport! if you get an OR you will get all that ugly chrome on your truck
Old 02-26-2013, 04:01 PM   #10
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
In all fairness , if they made a DCLB Offroad , I would probably get that but the 5' short box is a deal breaker for me
Old 02-26-2013, 04:02 PM   #11
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
In all fairness , if they made a DCLB Offroad , I would probably get that but the 5' short box is a deal breaker for me
Agreed.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:14 PM   #12
SSG665 has a spectacular aura aboutSSG665 has a spectacular aura aboutSSG665 has a spectacular aura about
SSG665's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruKnight View Post
your question is borderline incomprehensible, but I doubt there is much of any difference in ride quality between them. id guess the sports or offroads have a marginally better ride tho. not sure what the bed length has to do with it.
Was in a hurry when I made original post but I guess my question was is there much difference in ride quality between the different 2013 trim models?Long bed versus short ?
Old 02-26-2013, 05:47 PM   #13
dboz is on a distinguished road
dboz's Tacoma Gallery
No.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:49 PM   #14
BBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The short bed sucks for hauling stuff. It really depends on if you are going to be hauling a bunch of gear (bikes, camping gear, etc) and your needs for the bed. So Cal parking sucks so a short bed is what I wanted, plus i like it when my big ass surfboard hangs way out the back of my 5' box!
Old 02-26-2013, 06:02 PM   #15
Greenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Greenbergler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBtacosurfer View Post
The short bed sucks for hauling stuff. It really depends on if you are going to be hauling a bunch of gear (bikes, camping gear, etc) and your needs for the bed. So Cal parking sucks so a short bed is what I wanted, plus i like it when my big ass surfboard hangs way out the back of my 5' box!
parking isnt bad here! and i doubt 1' would make a big enough difference to notice haha
Old 02-26-2013, 06:22 PM   #16
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
My wife has no issue parking my DCLB and it has a canopy and you pretty much can't see out the back

Just sayin
Old 02-26-2013, 06:42 PM   #17

You guys got more trees than people in BC, OZ! of course you don't have trouble parking!
Old 02-26-2013, 06:45 PM   #18

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBtacosurfer View Post
You guys got more trees than people in BC, OZ! of course you don't have trouble parking!
Parking spots are the same size
Old 02-26-2013, 06:51 PM   #19
TruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant future

Name: Tru
TruKnight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSG665 View Post
Was in a hurry when I made original post but I guess my question was is there much difference in ride quality between the different 2013 trim models?Long bed versus short ?
I cant immagine that that 1ft longer would make any difference at all sir. its just your personal preference there.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:20 PM   #20
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
I suggest you drive all 3 models and see what you like best. I drove a few trucks in all 3 configurations before deciding on the DC TRD OR w/ SB.
My last tacoma was a 2006 DC SR5 SB. It held plenty of cargo for camping, kayaking, snowmobiling, mtn biking.
In between the two tacomas, I had a tundra.
Now there was a bed but it drove like a bus.
Coming back to a taco, I thought a wanted a LB but after the test drives (even including an Access Cab) I choose the SB.
It really comes down to your needs & wants. Either choice is a great truck.