Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

HAC? DAC?

Old 02-26-2013, 09:07 PM   #1
doperdee is on a distinguished road
Name: Danielsaaan
doperdee's Tacoma Gallery
HAC? DAC?

can anyone explain the application of hill assist control (HAC) and downhill assist control (DAC) in addition to the rear locker? For example...
When/Where to use DAC or HAC?
Do I engage 4L or 4H when using either of the assist?
How does the rear locker come into play in conjunction with DAC/HAC/4L/4H?
Old 02-26-2013, 09:14 PM   #2
Raceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Raceline08's Tacoma Gallery
Don't mean to be an a$$, but there are tons of threads on this site explaining these questions you have, just got to search

Brett
Old 02-26-2013, 09:23 PM   #3
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
If you haven't bought the truck yet and are just doing research, the owner's manual is online. Start reading at page 184:
http://www.toyota.com/t3Portal/docum...html?locale=en
Old 02-26-2013, 10:13 PM   #4
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
DavidK????
Old 06-21-2013, 04:32 AM   #5
Jadpitt27 is on a distinguished road
Jadpitt27's Tacoma Gallery
I got a '13 OR and having fun figuring out all the drive modes, etc. (Thanks David K!). The one thing that I can't figure out is HAC. I was on a fire road yesterday, on a hill I stopped and let off the brake. The truck rolled backwards and after a second or 2 the "slip" light came on and the brakes applied for a split second barely slowing me down at all. I continued rolling backwards. This continues for about 10 seconds then the truck shut off.
I am very confused on how this system is suppose to work.
On my GMC terrain if I stop on a hill and let off the brake it will hold for about 2 seconds then the brakes release giving plenty time to hit the gas.