1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone have experience w/Advanced Keys System

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Tactical Tacoma, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Feb 27, 2013 at 7:15 PM
    Tactical Tacoma

Tactical Tacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    McKinney, TX
    Vehicle:
    '12 MGM DCSB Sport 4WD
    ARB air compressor, ARB rear air locker, sPOD switch panel in sunglass holder, OME Front & rear shocks, 885x coils, Dakar leaf springs, Icon tubular UCA's, Flowmaster 40 Series Exhaust, aFe Pro Dry, TRD Sport wheels powder coated anthracite, FJ TRD center caps, Thule roof rack, 886 fog lights for reverse light mod, CSjumper LED DTRL's, Nokya Yellow fogs, plastidipped lower valence, Weathertechs, Wet Okoles. And MANY MORE MODS, READ BUILD!
    Ok, I know I'll get flamed for wanting such a luxury on my truck, which is basically an off-road/weekend toy now. I've been spoiled by my new company car, a 2013 Avalon Limited. It has an RFID keyless entry and push start system. So, all I have to do it walk up to the car, it automatically unlocks, I get in and push a button The keys never leave my pocket...VERY CONVENIENT!!!

Well, now I want this convenience on my truck, and would like to keep the keyed ignition as a failsafe.

Anyone ever installed one of these systems on a vehicle. Any likes or dislikes?

http://www.advancedkeys.com/Prod_AK104B.html

2. Feb 28, 2013 at 12:38 PM
    Digitalpower

Digitalpower New Member

Member:
    hey ive been a lurker here for awhile now been looking at getting a prerunner once i pay off my credit card haha. i actually have a very similar system on my rsx. i had looked into advanced keys but i ended up going with digital guard dawg their price is a bit more but when i called them up and mentioned advanced keys they were able to almost price match it and threw in a bunch of stuff. also during my install they were really willing to help me out with my probably dumb questions haha, was nice having someone always there to talk me through the process. the little luxuries are nice though, to just jump in your vehicle and go. over all i love the system and will be putting another one in my tacoma once i get one.

3. Feb 28, 2013 at 10:37 PM
    Tactical Tacoma

Tactical Tacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    McKinney, TX
    Vehicle:
    '12 MGM DCSB Sport 4WD
    ARB air compressor, ARB rear air locker, sPOD switch panel in sunglass holder, OME Front & rear shocks, 885x coils, Dakar leaf springs, Icon tubular UCA's, Flowmaster 40 Series Exhaust, aFe Pro Dry, TRD Sport wheels powder coated anthracite, FJ TRD center caps, Thule roof rack, 886 fog lights for reverse light mod, CSjumper LED DTRL's, Nokya Yellow fogs, plastidipped lower valence, Weathertechs, Wet Okoles. And MANY MORE MODS, READ BUILD!
    ^thanks for the info man.

4. Mar 1, 2013 at 9:49 AM
    Cain

Cain Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma
    Chrome don't get you home
    I like these mods,
    I asked my stereo guy if both of these links were any good, this was his response?

They have some goofy issues. They usually have a very large parasitic current draw, which means that you need to drive the car every day or you could come back to a dead battery. Plus, they only make the car keyless if you have a electronic steering wheel lock. If the lock is mechanical then you still need to use your key.......

Does anybody know if this is true?

Thanks

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  5. Mar 4, 2013 at 11:22 AM
    EJDGD

EJDGD New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    ej
    California
    Hey my names Ej and im with the tech department at digital guard dawg, saw some mention of our product with some questions surrounding it. i dont want to step on any toes i know vendors being on forums can be a pretty sensitive subject. im more than happy to answer any questions about our products or anything that has to do with automotive keyless technology even if its a competitors or OEM.

Here is a link that will answer most general automotive keyless push button start questions http://www.digitalguarddawg.com/2GOKEYLESS1.html

to answer cain's question directly, we know that current draw is an issue with the technology and in our systems we have actually put up safe guards to prevent that issue from happening.

regarding the steering wheel lock/keys with chips here is some in depth explanation on that is addressed http://www.digitalguarddawg.com/PDFS/Locking-Column-Chip-Key.pdf

hope this has helped clear up any confusion regarding keyless push button starts if you guys have any other questions feel free to ask.

-EJ

6. Mar 7, 2013 at 10:18 AM
    Cain

Cain Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma
    Chrome don't get you home
    Thanks EJ

7. Mar 22, 2013 at 9:10 PM
    OmegaQuest

OmegaQuest Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma Limited Double Cab 4X4
    Oil Catch Can, Motorcycle Chock, WeatherTech Window Deflectors, Bilstein 5100, OEM 4 Leaf, Chrome Satoshi Grille, FX-R Stage III Retrofit, Color Match Head Light Mod, Front Hella 500 HID, Behind Grill Light Bar, Rear LED Bed Lights, Pop and Lock Tailgate, Chrome License Plate Covers, AFE Air Filter, Removed Secondary Air Filter, Paint engine cover (Red), ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, Center Console Organizer, ScanGauge 2, Firestone W217602407 Ride-Rite Kit, Firestone WR17602178 Air-Rite Dual Electric Air Command
    I would love to add this to my list of mods, but I'm not sure about the $700 price vs. other options I have found for $200-$350.

I only wish there was some sort of indepth How-to on the 2013 Tacoma and/or a PnP harness for it LOL

8. Jan 28, 2019 at 11:02 PM
    ItsRichieRich

ItsRichieRich Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Temecula, CA
    Vehicle:
    '13 Ford Raptor
    Been thinking about adding this to my Taco or M3. The convenience is nice and helpful.

Products Discussed in

To Top