1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2012 tacoma water leak under my driver side weathertech digital fit floor mats

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by DannyD, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Feb 28, 2013 at 3:09 PM
    DannyD

DannyD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    BC Canada
    Vehicle:
    2021 DCLB
    So just as the title ses. I have the weathertech digital fit floor mats in my 2012 access cab. As you probably know those are a real tight fit all around. Which makes me think the water is wicking up from underneath. Rather then a drip from the door or windshield. Im talking a puddle of water, I live in vancouver BC and its been raining for 7 months none stop. I also park outdoors.

Most of the water is concentrated at the back right of the floor mat. Left side near the door is dry. Front and to the right (by gas pedal) is wet but not as much as the back right. Also up the side of the glovebox wall is dry.

I looked from underneath trying to spot a hole, nothing caught my eye. But then again Im the kind of guy who will stare into a fridge looking for the ketchup for 15 minutes even know its right in front of my face lol.

Any help would be appreciated, I like to fix the small things myself rather then bring it to the dealership. But I dont want this molding once spring hits

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  2. Feb 28, 2013 at 3:20 PM
    bubba353z

bubba353z Titles? We don't need no stinkin' titles.

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Columbus, Oh
    Vehicle:
    Former owner of a 12 TRD Sport AC 4x4
    There have been some posts about weatherstripping problems on 2012 windshields - do a search and you'll find them.

Water is tricky stuff - shows up in places totally unrelated to where the leaks are.

3. Feb 28, 2013 at 3:32 PM
    DannyD

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    BC Canada
    Vehicle:
    2021 DCLB
    Ya I also have to take the truck in to get the windshield resealed to fix that high speed whistling noise. They replaced the grille which didnt fix it.

You think the windshield leaking would get water all the way underneath the floor wats?

4. Feb 28, 2013 at 3:35 PM
    bubba353z

bubba353z Titles? We don't need no stinkin' titles.

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Columbus, Oh
    Vehicle:
    Former owner of a 12 TRD Sport AC 4x4
    Absolutely - runs down the firewall, under the carpet and pools in a low spot.

5. Apr 13, 2013 at 3:51 PM
    DannyD

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    BC Canada
    Vehicle:
    2021 DCLB
    The whistling noise TSB was done wrong and caused a major water leak. Im talking all my cup holders full of water over night. Plus huge amount on the floor. The dealer blamed the factory install of the windshield but it must have been something they did from the TSB. Since I live in a damn rain-forest and its been raining for 7 months lol. I would have noticed.

But with that said now the window has been totally removed and re-installed. Yet I still have the initial problem of water building up underneath the driver side floor mat. This is winter/spring so I'm not running my AC. So I don't think it can be that. If anybody has some suggestions I can carry to the next dealer I go to that would be appreciated (refusing to deal with these guys again). Gotta get this fixed before the temp rises and it turns to a mold, smell, and possibly health issue.

So far this dealer has tried to fix this issue by first "repairing" the floor plugs. Apparently there's three plugs under the carpet in this spot. What they're for the service rep couldn't tell me. Second time, couple weeks later they saw dirt on my truck and assumed I take it off roading. Blamed that and did the initial repair again. This time replacing the plugs. Obviously didn't help, which I knew it wouldn't right away. If driving on dirt caused this we'd have alot of pissed off Tacoma owners out there.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  6. Apr 13, 2013 at 3:52 PM
    Matic

Matic The "OFG" Baby!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tricky Dick
    Easley, SC
    Vehicle:
    1 owner 2002 TRD, SR5, DC, 2.7. Full OME suspension, STT pro's.
    OME 881 coils with OME nitrochargers shocks up front. TC UCA's OME Dakars with extra leaf in the rear. Warn 8000 winch with 80ft custom braided synth line. Custom 60ft synth extension. All pro tube bumper, Hi-lift jack, Safari Snorkel, Wilco tiregate. 2019 Jeep JLUR.
    lol. Wheres Jandrews when we need him.

7. Apr 14, 2013 at 4:56 AM
    miniceptor86

miniceptor86 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    McGregor,IA
    Vehicle:
    07 Speedway Blue Prerunner Dbl cab
    TRD sport exhaust and cold air intake, nerf and bull bar, RideRide, ProEFX towing mirrors, BakFlip F1 trifold tonneau
    If you turn the heater control to defrost the AC runs to dehumidify the air before it it runs through the heater core. Check the AC drain hose. Little insects like to used the tube to lay their eggs.

Products Discussed in

To Top