Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2012 tacoma water leak under my driver side weathertech digital fit floor mats

Old 02-28-2013, 03:09 PM   #1
DannyD is on a distinguished road
Name: Dan
DannyD's Tacoma Gallery
2012 tacoma water leak under my driver side weathertech digital fit floor mats

So just as the title ses. I have the weathertech digital fit floor mats in my 2012 access cab. As you probably know those are a real tight fit all around. Which makes me think the water is wicking up from underneath. Rather then a drip from the door or windshield. Im talking a puddle of water, I live in vancouver BC and its been raining for 7 months none stop. I also park outdoors.

Most of the water is concentrated at the back right of the floor mat. Left side near the door is dry. Front and to the right (by gas pedal) is wet but not as much as the back right. Also up the side of the glovebox wall is dry.

I looked from underneath trying to spot a hole, nothing caught my eye. But then again Im the kind of guy who will stare into a fridge looking for the ketchup for 15 minutes even know its right in front of my face lol.

Any help would be appreciated, I like to fix the small things myself rather then bring it to the dealership. But I dont want this molding once spring hits
Old 02-28-2013, 03:20 PM   #2
Titles? We don't need no stinkin' titles.
bubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to behold

Name: Mike
bubba353z's Tacoma Gallery
There have been some posts about weatherstripping problems on 2012 windshields - do a search and you'll find them.

Water is tricky stuff - shows up in places totally unrelated to where the leaks are.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:32 PM   #3
DannyD's Tacoma Gallery
Ya I also have to take the truck in to get the windshield resealed to fix that high speed whistling noise. They replaced the grille which didnt fix it.

You think the windshield leaking would get water all the way underneath the floor wats?
Old 02-28-2013, 03:35 PM   #4
Titles? We don't need no stinkin' titles.
bubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to behold

Name: Mike
bubba353z's Tacoma Gallery
Absolutely - runs down the firewall, under the carpet and pools in a low spot.
Old 04-13-2013, 03:51 PM   #5
DannyD's Tacoma Gallery
The whistling noise TSB was done wrong and caused a major water leak. Im talking all my cup holders full of water over night. Plus huge amount on the floor. The dealer blamed the factory install of the windshield but it must have been something they did from the TSB. Since I live in a damn rain-forest and its been raining for 7 months lol. I would have noticed.

But with that said now the window has been totally removed and re-installed. Yet I still have the initial problem of water building up underneath the driver side floor mat. This is winter/spring so I'm not running my AC. So I don't think it can be that. If anybody has some suggestions I can carry to the next dealer I go to that would be appreciated (refusing to deal with these guys again). Gotta get this fixed before the temp rises and it turns to a mold, smell, and possibly health issue.

So far this dealer has tried to fix this issue by first "repairing" the floor plugs. Apparently there's three plugs under the carpet in this spot. What they're for the service rep couldn't tell me. Second time, couple weeks later they saw dirt on my truck and assumed I take it off roading. Blamed that and did the initial repair again. This time replacing the plugs. Obviously didn't help, which I knew it wouldn't right away. If driving on dirt caused this we'd have alot of pissed off Tacoma owners out there.
Old 04-13-2013, 03:52 PM   #6
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
lol. Wheres Jandrews when we need him.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:56 AM   #7
miniceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cook, 589th Combat Engineers, Ahn Khe, RVN
Name: Jim
miniceptor86's Tacoma Gallery
If you turn the heater control to defrost the AC runs to dehumidify the air before it it runs through the heater core. Check the AC drain hose. Little insects like to used the tube to lay their eggs.