Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Front bumper build (slow)

Old 03-07-2013, 05:20 PM   #21
TRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TRD 09's Tacoma Gallery
Very clever with the puzzle piece finger jointing on the corner seam
Old 03-07-2013, 05:27 PM   #22
Tail Striker
flyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cam
flyboy.co2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD 09 View Post
Very clever with the puzzle piece finger jointing on the corner seam
Might help line things up!
Old 03-07-2013, 06:26 PM   #23
hakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jacob
hakabo's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd
Old 03-07-2013, 06:37 PM   #24
Boston10Taco is on a distinguished road

Name: Tony
Boston10Taco's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd
Old 03-07-2013, 06:41 PM   #25
Tail Striker
flyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
looking awesome cam. Don't throw away those plans!
I'll keep em for ya! My friend who has the CNC machine jokingly (I think) said he'd sell the whole thing to me for 5 grand. Pretty good considering it's a 25g machine lol! Might be able to make a small business outta this!
Old 03-08-2013, 01:30 PM   #27
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy.co2 View Post
I'll keep em for ya! My friend who has the CNC machine jokingly (I think) said he'd sell the whole thing to me for 5 grand. Pretty good considering it's a 25g machine lol! Might be able to make a small business outta this!
Definetely SUB'D for this....Hopefully you know what market is out there ..

I do and you are on the right track.....Will be SWEET to have a "Builder" on the "Right Coast"...
Old 03-08-2013, 01:35 PM   #28
Tail Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoope View Post
Definetely SUB'D for this....Hopefully you know what market is out there ..

I do and you are on the right track.....Will be SWEET to have a "Builder" on the "Right Coast"...
That would be so fun! I love welding and working with metal. It is the only thing I can see myself doing and actually having fun doing it! Besides flying. But I can do both!

Right coast all the way haha!
Old 03-09-2013, 06:39 PM   #29
Tail Striker

Here's an idea of the cut outs that will be on the facets of the bumper. I was bored today since my truck is in the shop so I messed around in a sketching program on my ipad. This was just to see if they'll look good. I think they will! Also on the actual bumper the corners of the cut outs will be ever so slightly rounded.

The bigger ones on the wings will be the holes used for the fog lights. I wanted to retain the stock fog lights, so they will sit just behind these holes and a metal mesh will go just in front for protection. More to come soon! (Actual metal work)
Old 03-10-2013, 12:18 AM   #30
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
God damn it looks so awesome. Like i said, don't throw away those plans you can probably profit from that bumper in the future, i already know one guy who wants one
Old 03-10-2013, 12:41 AM   #31
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Felipe
Nightstr's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-10-2013, 05:54 AM   #32
mach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
mach1man001's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Here's an idea of the cut outs that will be on the facets of the bumper. I was bored today since my truck is in the shop so I messed around in a sketching program on my ipad. This was just to see if they'll look good. I think they will! Also on the actual bumper the corners of the cut outs will be ever so slightly rounded.

The bigger ones on the wings will be the holes used for the fog lights. I wanted to retain the stock fog lights, so they will sit just behind these holes and a metal mesh will go just in front for protection. More to come soon! (Actual metal work)

Cam since your so good at messin with those programs can you try making the openings for the fog lights square so something like a 3" square LED would fit right in? Just wondering what it would look like.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:30 AM   #34
💥💥💥💥💥💥
johnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: john
johnnym's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Looks like mine
Old 03-10-2013, 09:33 AM   #35
TRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TRD 09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnym View Post
Looks like mine
And mine
Old 03-10-2013, 01:13 PM   #36
drinking whats on sale
92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92dlxman's Tacoma Gallery
that looks great. been wanting to do this myself but am concerned with frame attatchment. any details you would like to share?. . . . . . please???
Old 03-10-2013, 01:58 PM   #37
Tail Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
God damn it looks so awesome. Like i said, don't throw away those plans you can probably profit from that bumper in the future, i already know one guy who wants one
Haha you got it! (Working out the logistics of starting my own small fab shop in the very near future for us east coastians )

And thanks guys! I'm bummed I can't work on it this week... Next week, assuming my truck is fixed, I'll be tackling the rest of the good stuff!
Old 03-10-2013, 04:48 PM   #38
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Cam, being in New England, the more holes you put in your bumper, the more area you get for salt spray to get at things like coilovers. Overall, I like the build, can't wait to see it when it's done!
Old 03-10-2013, 06:21 PM   #39
Tail Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Cam, being in New England, the more holes you put in your bumper, the more area you get for salt spray to get at things like coilovers. Overall, I like the build, can't wait to see it when it's done!
thanks! And I hadn't thought about the salt spray... Oh well, I suppose I'll just have to wash it more than normal haha!
Old 03-12-2013, 10:10 AM   #40
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
subbed!