Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Front bumper build (slow)

Old 03-12-2013, 10:21 AM   #41
NewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis, Truck: Baja
NewRider's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd .... And what app are you usin cuz I haven't found a good one yet for stuff like this
Old 03-13-2013, 05:04 PM   #42
Tail Striker
flyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cam
flyboy.co2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
Sub'd .... And what app are you usin cuz I haven't found a good one yet for stuff like this
I'm using google sketch up and a dxf plugin. DTFtacoma recommended using sketchup (it's free, not to mention easy). It's made life so easy, small learning curve, but after an hour or so...

This is the dxf converter plugin

http://www.guitar-list.com/download-...les-dxf-or-stl

Hope this helps!
Old 03-13-2013, 05:06 PM   #43
Usmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to behold

Marines:
Name: Jovani
Usmcsantosj's Tacoma Gallery
looking good
Old 03-13-2013, 11:58 PM   #44
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Sketch up

I'm pretty sure he was talking about the paint app though lol
Old 03-14-2013, 12:15 AM   #45
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy.co2 View Post
I'm using google sketch up and a dxf plugin. DTFtacoma recommended using sketchup (it's free, not to mention easy). It's made life so easy, small learning curve, but after an hour or so...

This is the dxf converter plugin

http://www.guitar-list.com/download-...les-dxf-or-stl

Hope this helps!
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...up-thread.html

It took me hours to find a .dxf plugin that would actually download and work correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTFtacoma View Post
Sketch up

I'm pretty sure he was talking about the paint app though lol
Yeah I think so, I am also curious.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:51 AM   #46
Tail Striker
flyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Oh! Whoooops... I'm using a program called sketchbookX for ipad. Just the trial version, but it's a pretty dumbed down version of a computer paint program like photoshop.

And I had trouble getting that dxf plugin to install, I forget what I did, but I got it in using winRaR... I should have paid more attention.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:10 PM   #47
Tail Striker

got the rest of the pieces chopped out today, and will post pictures up when i can get my ipad hooked up to the interwebz. they came out great! it should be all welded up this thursday and will be painted and on the truck by the weekend!
Old 03-26-2013, 02:14 PM   #48
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
I thought it was suposed to be a "slow" bumper build cam haha. Cant wait to see the finished product, PM incoming.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:18 PM   #49
Sloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
Sloth's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd. Bumper looks pimp.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:13 PM   #50
Tail Striker

Here are some shots I snapped today, and a quick vid. Looks kinda like a transformer logo, or some sort of mask. Coooooool

http://youtu.be/-apDBLW1F3I
Old 03-26-2013, 05:50 PM   #51
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Very cool! I can't wait to see this thing all welded up and on the truck!
Old 03-26-2013, 05:55 PM   #52
60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future

Army: E Co, 1-212th AVN
Name: Sean
60driver's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet, sub'd!
Old 03-26-2013, 06:04 PM   #53
Tail Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Very cool! I can't wait to see this thing all welded up and on the truck!
You and me both! But I can see the light at the end of the tunnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60driver View Post
Sweet, sub'd!
Thanks!

Anyway, got the first piece to the winch plate all drilled up and mounted. I forgot that on my design I made room so the stock recovery points/hooks can still be utilized.

Edit: and just for sh!ts and giggles, here is a life size green sea turtle I'm making out of 20 gauge stainless steel. This is all I have so far, but hopefully by this weekend this guy'll be put together. I'm entering him/her in a art show in 10 days.... Woo crunch time.

Old 03-26-2013, 09:50 PM   #55
Tail Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahshiet View Post
Nice work!
Thanks mang!
Old 03-26-2013, 10:43 PM   #56
Tail Striker

Here's a shot of a weld. Doing this with a Lincoln invertec v205-t tig welder. Lots of fun! Heat cranked all the way up to penetrate the 5/16" plate... Those two holes I drilled too close, so they are getting plugged, and then re-drilled at a later time... Bummer.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:13 AM   #57
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Tig bumper
Old 03-27-2013, 08:48 AM   #58
Sloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
Sloth's Tacoma Gallery
Mmmhmmmm
Old 03-27-2013, 03:28 PM   #59
TRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TRD 09's Tacoma Gallery
Keep the pics coming, looking good
Old 03-27-2013, 07:52 PM   #60
Trail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud of

Name: Jon
Trail Squirrel's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd. This is awesome! Great work man