1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rumbling noise and vibration when braking

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tacodave13, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Mar 1, 2013 at 8:10 AM
    tacodave13

tacodave13 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    13 PreRunner SR5
    Bought a 13 Prerunner DC about 2 months ago and have noticed an occasional rumbling noise and vibration in the brake when I apply pressure to the pedal. Usually occurs when I apply initial (gentle) pressure during deceleration and then quits abruptly before I come to a complete stop. It also seems to be random and not related to the speed I am traveling before I apply the brake. Anyone else have issues with this? Is it the ABS kicking in? Just seems strange especially on a new vehicle with less than 2500 miles on it.

Help/advice much appreciated.

2. Mar 2, 2013 at 6:35 AM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    Either this^^^^, or wheel bearing. Your warranty should cover both.

3. Mar 2, 2013 at 6:44 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Sounds like a trip to the dealership.... WARRANTY !!!

4. Mar 2, 2013 at 7:03 AM
    KJaikaran

KJaikaran Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orlando FL
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma DCSB TRD Sport
    URD intake/maf calibrator, Icon extended travel coilovers, Icon UCA, OME Dakar leaf packs, Bilstein extended rear shocks, 3 degree axle shims, Carrier bearing drop bracket, DS2 retro, 5k HID bulds top and bottom
    Time to take advantage of that warranty.

Products Discussed in

To Top